*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    KevinMark wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    Should Daken's Chemical Reaction be able to disarm DD blue trap tiles, when Daken changes blue tiles to green. If Thor can't color change a trap away, I say that Daken shouldn't either.
    Are you sure about that? AFAIK, Thor can overwrite trap tiles.

Pretty sure Thor an change the color, but there is no disarming.
  • Pretty sure Daken doesn't disarm the trap either. Have been hit by many Daredevil stuns after Chemical Reaction.
  • Konman
    daibar wrote:
    Pretty sure Daken doesn't disarm the trap either. Have been hit by many Daredevil stuns after Chemical Reaction.

Think It happened to me today, I'll go do some testing though to make sure.
  • daibar wrote:
    Pretty sure Daken doesn't disarm the trap either. Have been hit by many Daredevil stuns after Chemical Reaction.
    That's because colour change doesn't destroy traps i.e. changing a tile from blue to green does not destroy an Equalizer trap. Does no one read my post on counters (in signature, to be updated REALLY soon, shameless self-plug ended)? Sigh.
  • Konman
    locked wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    That's because colour change doesn't destroy traps i.e. changing a tile from blue to green does not destroy an Equalizer trap. Does no one read my post on counters (in signature, to be updated REALLY soon, shameless self-plug ended)? Sigh.

But he does, it has happened to me twice now, a blue trap is disarmed after the tile is changed to green after Daken's Chemical Reaction. It probably isn't supposed to, but it does, which is why I was asking. I knew color changed weren't supposed to disarm, but currently, at least with Daken, its happening.

ETA: Just wanted to clarify that I was talking about an enemy Daken.
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    So happy to hear that Matt Murdock is being buffed. Can't wait to see Daredevil's new specs later this month.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a feeling his red will become very similar to Fury's, I see his other abilites being changed a little more drasticly because as is he is useless against goons with how his skills are currently, at least Fury has 2 other ways to interact.

In summation Red will do less damage and stay same AP cost but work like Fury's, or it will keep high damage, still work like Fury's but cost more than it does now.

Blue and Purple I see becoming actve skills with blue still retaining a stun type function and purple maintaing an AP steal type function
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Mikaveus wrote:
    So happy to hear that Matt Murdock is being buffed. Can't wait to see Daredevil's new specs later this month.
    Same here.
    I hope that the buff was nicely done so that the icon_daredevil.png True Believers are rewarded.
    Yes they said we were fool to believe in the Red Devil because he's blind (...and to say the truth he was not really accurate when setting his trap) but now, this will change, now we will rule the world icon_twisted.gif

or not. icon_neutral.gif

on a lazy note my :daredevil is 5 redflag.png 3 blueflag.png 5 purpleflag.png and I hope that I will not need to change his build icon_e_confused.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    DrNitroman wrote:
    Mikaveus wrote:
    Same here.
    I hope that the buff was nicely done so that the icon_daredevil.png True Believers are rewarded.
    Yes they said we were fool to believe in the Red Devil because he's blind (...and to say the truth he was not really accurate when setting his trap) but now, this will change, now we will rule the world icon_twisted.gif

or not. icon_neutral.gif

on a lazy note my :daredevil is 5 redflag.png 3 blueflag.png 5 purpleflag.png and I hope that I will not need to change his build icon_e_confused.gif

If they want to make $ they would make it so blue is the one worth getting 5 covers thus ensuring a vast majority will spend HP to respec if he's that good.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:
    Mikaveus wrote:
    Same here.

or not. icon_neutral.gif

If they want to make $ they would make it so blue is the one worth getting 5 covers thus ensuring a vast majority will spend HP to respec if he's that good.
    But... but, it would be evil! no? icon_e_confused.gif

edit: actually stun powers can be very useful and we gave up DD's stun because it was unefficient, if ever it's correctly fixed it could be worth investing...
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    So when should we expect these changes to be pushed through? Start of season nine?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    avs962 wrote:
    So when should we expect these changes to be pushed through? Start of season nine?
    Based on previous, I would guess it'll be 7 days after an event that gives Daredevil rewards.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    I'm wondering if the changes will make Matty viable. I have him cover maxed at lvl 63. I also just finished maxing out my latest projects (Daken and Hood) so I have no set plans with my iso. If he's gonna be useful/fun, I might work him towards 166.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loki's update is pretty cool, but I have really high hopes for ol' DD. He's always been one of my fave characters and I ground my honky **** off in the first TaT to get him. Currently have him cover maxed 5/3/5 at level 70 and once I've max levelled Steve who I just got my last yellow for, I've got no plans for my next 3* levelling project. Fingers crossed for him to become actually usable and not stay a giant crotched novelty.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Changes are live with latest data update.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    edited December 2014
    Greetings heroic ninja fans!

We recently gave you the lowdown on the refresh and return of everyone’s favorite trickster, Loki (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20101). Now, here are the juicy details outlining the remade and ready-for-action - Daredevil (Man Without Fear*)!

Daredevil
    Old
      Radar Sense - Purple 11 AP
      Daredevil's heightened senses let him strike first, terrifying the enemy. Creates a random basic Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, steals 2 AP from all colors. If you match the tile, it steals 1 Purple AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
        Level Upgrades Level 2: Steals 3 AP on enemy match. Level 3: Steals 4 AP on enemy match. Level 4: Steals 5 AP on enemy match. Level 5: Steals 6 AP on enemy match.

New
        Radar Sense - Purple 10 AP
        Daredevil uses his Radar Sense to avoid his enemy's assault and strike at their weaknesses. Converts up to 3 random enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles to basic tiles and deals 71 damage for each tile converted.
          Level Upgrades Level 2: Deals 109 damage for each converted tile. Level 3: Deals 131 damage for each converted tile. Level 4: Converts up to 4 Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles to basic tiles. Level 5: Converts up to 5 tiles, dealing 180 damage per tile. Max Level: 574 for each converted tile.

Design & Playability Thoughts:
        Daredevil loses the AP steal, but gains the ability to directly punish the enemy for using special tiles. The relative lack of active abilities at the 3* level also means that this ability can be fairly easily charged and held in reserve for when Doom brings out a Summon Demons or Falcon decides to Bird Strike.

Old
          Equalizer - Blue 7 AP
          Billy Club in hand, Daredevil prowls the battlefield, waiting to even the odds. Create a Blue Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, stuns for 2 turns. If you match the tile, it generates 1 Blue AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
            Level Upgrades Level 2: Stuns for 3 turns. Level 3: Stuns for 4 turns. Level 4: Stuns for 5 turns. Level 5: Stuns for 6 turns.

New
            Billy Club - Blue 9 AP
            Daredevil's Billy Club ricochets from target to target, striking his enemies with amazing accuracy. Stuns the target for 1 turn and creates a 4-turn Countdown tile that stuns for 1 turn, then creates a new Billy Club Countdown tile. If you match it, Daredevil catches his club and gains 1 Blue AP.
              Level Upgrades Level 2: Matching the Billy Club tile generates 2 Blue AP. Level 3: Stuns for 2 turns before placing the Countdown tile. Level 4: Creates a 3 turn Countdown tile. Level 5: Countdown tile stuns for 2 turns. Matching the Billy Club tile gains 3 AP.

This ability went through a relatively big change, going from a Trap that could stun for a long time on one opponent to one that's reminiscent of Captain America's Peacemaker, but with a twist. Like Peacemaker, it stuns on ability usage and creates a Countdown tile (but randomly here). When that tile goes off, the currently-targeted enemy gets stunned just like if the ability were cast originally and the Countdown tile moves.

If the tile is being threatened by an imminent match, the player always has the opportunity to match it up themselves and gain back a little bonus AP so Daredevil can throw his weapon of choice again. Due to the relatively low cost, throwing out 2-3 of these in a battle is a real possibility, which is where the refreshing stun timers really come into play.

Old
              Ambush - Red 7 AP
              Daredevil lurks in the shadow, ready to strike. Creates a Red Trap tile that, when matched by the enemy, deals 1096 damage. If you match the tile, the enemy takes 55 damage and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
                Level Upgrades Level 2: 1534 damage on enemy match. Level 3: 1973 damage on enemy match. Level 4: 2411 damage on enemy match. Level 5: 2850 damage on enemy match. Max Level: 9040 /174 damage.

New
                Ambush - Red 8 AP
                Daredevil lurks in the shadow, ready to strike. Creates a Red Trap tile that, when matched by the enemy, deals 822 damage. If you match the tile, the enemy takes 279 damage and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
                  Level Upgrades Level 2: Deals 948 damage when the enemy matches the tile, 356 damage when you match it. Level 3: Deals 1123 damage when the enemy matches the tile, 410 damage when you match it. Level 4: Deals 1370 damage when the enemy matches the tile, 574 damage when you match it. Level 5: Deals 1726 damage when the enemy matches the tile, 957 damage when you match it. Max Level: 5447/3044 damage.

One of the worst things ever is to be fighting Daredevil and have him lay down an Ambush. Suddenly, any Red match could be a deathtrap. One of the worst things as a player using Daredevil in this case was having to make that match yourself, since it did very little damage and meant that the opponent wouldn't have ready access to that Trap tile. So we've made Ambush into a bit of a more regularly usable ability by assigning more of that damage to the player match side of things. This turns the ability into one that can be used in a more offensive fashion than a purely defensive one. Especially combined with abilities that limit Red tile choices on the board (like Mystique's Infiltration), this makes Ambush far more of a renewable, offensive tool than it was before.

*As an additional change, Daredevil (Classic) is also taking back his "Man Without Fear" title from Black Panther. While the in-game armor Black Panther wears is the one utilized while taking over that named mantle, we think that this new incarnation of Daredevil deserves the more descriptive name. Black Panther's subtitle will be changing to 'T'Challa'.
              • can you make it so red strike tile generators(daken and blade mainly) dont automatically overwrite and disarm his red trap?
              • Dayv
                Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
                Wow, very interesting. I feel like blue doesn't come into its own until five covers, but then it could be very effective, especially against goons...

And the red seems better to match yourself over and over if you can.

I'm not sure where this puts him, tier-wise, but at least he now has diverse mechanics.
              • IamTheDanger
                IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
                Tile placement is still random unfortunately. But I just tried him out and was able to get 3 of his blue tiles on the board with SheThor helping gather the blue Ap. I got to say, it was pretty cool. It's kind of like infinite stun if you stagger them just right. And the purple took care of Daken quite nicely. Now I want to try him out on Bullseye. icon_twisted.gif

Overall, I like the changes.
              • OnesOwnGrief
                OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
                Warning: I'm clubbing everyone.