*** Loki (Dark Reign) ***

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nabistay wrote:
    My suggestion for a third ability:

Loki - Master of Disguise (Variable cost) greenflag.png

Loki isn't just the best at creating illusions, he also can trick the enemy into thinking he is someone else entirely!
    Can select an extra team up ability. This ability uses green energy instead of team up AP, but costs 4 more to use
    2 cover - costs 2 AP less (2 more than normal)
    3 cover - costs 2 AP less (0 more than normal)
    4 cover - costs 1 AP less (1 less than normal)
    5 cover - costs 1 AP less (2 less than normal)

Not bad but would involve them programming a way to select the team up. Could make it so it either uses the enemy team's team up or you select one of the opponents characters and activate a random ability (like Fast Ball Special).

Variable cost wouldn't work, would probably need to be something like 14 - 1ap per cover. Would really fit with his theme but his pink would need to be adjusted as there wouldn't be much of a reason to put 5 covers into it
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    dkffiv wrote:
    Nabistay wrote:
    My suggestion for a third ability:

Loki - Master of Disguise (Variable cost) greenflag.png

Loki isn't just the best at creating illusions, he also can trick the enemy into thinking he is someone else entirely!
    Can select an extra team up ability. This ability uses green energy instead of team up AP, but costs 4 more to use
    2 cover - costs 2 AP less (2 more than normal)
    3 cover - costs 2 AP less (0 more than normal)
    4 cover - costs 1 AP less (1 less than normal)
    5 cover - costs 1 AP less (2 less than normal)

Not bad but would involve them programming a way to select the team up. Could make it so it either uses the enemy team's team up or you select one of the opponents characters and activate a random ability (like Fast Ball Special).

Variable cost wouldn't work, would probably need to be something like 14 - 1ap per cover. Would really fit with his theme but his pink would need to be adjusted as there wouldn't be much of a reason to put 5 covers into it

I do really like the idea of it using their randomly selected team power up. sometimes it is amazing, sometimes it is terrible, but as a green dump it wouldn't be bad. (not that anyone should ever be missing green..)

so..

Loki - Master of Disguise (14 AP) greenflag.png

Loki isn't just the best at creating illusions, he also can trick the enemy into thinking he is someone else entirely! Taking the form of their enemy's ally, he activates the enemy's team up! This ability uses green energy instead of team up AP.
    2 cover - costs 1 AP less
    3 cover - costs 1 AP less
    4 cover - costs 1 AP less
    5 cover - costs 1 AP less
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nabistay wrote:

I do really like the idea of it using their randomly selected team power up. sometimes it is amazing, sometimes it is terrible, but as a green dump it wouldn't be bad. (not that anyone should ever be missing green..)

so..

Loki - Master of Disguise (14 AP) greenflag.png

Loki isn't just the best at creating illusions, he also can trick the enemy into thinking he is someone else entirely! Taking the form of their enemy's ally, he activates the enemy's team up! This ability uses green energy instead of team up AP.
    2 cover - costs 1 AP less
    3 cover - costs 1 AP less
    4 cover - costs 1 AP less
    5 cover - costs 1 AP less

I would add to that that the level of the team up's effect should be Loki's level and not whatever its locked to as the enemy's TU. Occasionally the enemy TU (especially in PvE scaling) is ridiculously under leveled. Could even make it so that Master of Disguise's AP is fixed at 10 or 11 but more covers adds more covers to TU effect. For instance if the opponent has a level 3 Venom team up, your green cast TU would be level 1-5 depending on how many covers you place into it.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    After losing some battles due to ridiculous cascades, I wouldn't mind a power like this.
      You Fell For It! - greentile.png PASSIVE
      Loki has trapped the battlefield. When the enemy team is lured into collecting more than 15 AP during their turn, Loki's team gets the excess power instead.
        Level 2: After 15 AP, the enemy attacks illusions. No damage to Loki's team. Level 3: Loki's trap activates at 13 AP. Level 4: Loki's trap activates at 11 AP. Subsequent harmful effects are reflected. Level 5: Loki's trap activates at 9 AP.
    • After losing some battles due to ridiculous cascades, I wouldn't mind a power like this.
        You Fell For It! - greentile.png PASSIVE
        Loki has trapped the battlefield. When the enemy team is lured into collecting more than 15 AP during their turn, Loki's team gets the excess power instead.
          Level 2: After 15 AP, the enemy attacks illusions. No damage to Loki's team. Level 3: Loki's trap activates at 13 AP. Level 4: Loki's trap activates at 11 AP. Subsequent harmful effects are reflected. Level 5: Loki's trap activates at 9 AP.

Main complaint is this punishes you for playing well. Match a 6? (4-line clear+3) -> 9AP this would automatically trigger.
        A match-4 into a 3 would trigger it.
      • So, I was playing the Psylocke PVP and the cost of her redflag.png power decreasing based on the number of strike.png on the board gave me an idea for an opposite power: increasing the AP costs of enemy powers. And what character is more fitting of such a power than Loki?

So, this is what I came up with:
          Confusion - Green greentile.png Passive
          Loki uses his many tricks to mess with the concentration of his enemies. Increase the cost of enemy bluetile.png and purpletile.png powers by 1 AP.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Also increases the cost of enemy
          redtile.png and yellowtile.png powers.
          Level 3: Also increases the cost of enemy greentile.png and blacktile.png powers.
          Level 4: Also increases the cost of enemy tutile.png powers.
          Level 5: Increase the cost of all enemy powers by 2 AP.

I understand that this power could be OP at level 5 (then again, isn't Patch's regeneration or Hood's Dormammu Aid OP at 5?), so a compromise would be to make this a cheap ability (let's say 7 greentile.png ) that places a 3 turn countdown.png tile on the board with the same effects, with the duration also increasing by 1 turn for every level of the power (to a maximum of 7 turns).

Thoughts?
        • nimvin
          nimvin Posts: 81
          So, I was playing the Psylocke PVP and the cost of her redflag.png power decreasing based on the number of strike.png on the board gave me an idea for an opposite power: increasing the AP costs of enemy powers. And what character is more fitting of such a power than Loki?

So, this is what I came up with:
            Confusion - Green greentile.png Passive
            Loki uses his many tricks to mess with the concentration of his enemies. Increase the cost of enemy bluetile.png and purpletile.png powers by 1 AP.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Also increases the cost of enemy
            redtile.png and yellowtile.png powers.
            Level 3: Also increases the cost of enemy greentile.png and blacktile.png powers.
            Level 4: Also increases the cost of enemy tutile.png powers.
            Level 5: Increase the cost of all enemy powers by 2 AP.

He is a 3* so how about a better (?) version of OBW in a single power.

Theft
            7AP
            1- whenever Loki matches green steal 1 enemy green. Steal 1 of each color.
            2- whenever Loki matches black steal 1 enemy black. Steal 1of each color.
            3- Steal 1 of each color including TU.
            4- whenever Loki matches purple steal 1 enemy purple. Steal 1 of each color including TU.
            5- Steal 2 of each color including TU.
          • nimvin wrote:

Theft
            7AP
            4- whenever Loki matches purple steal 1 enemy purple. Steal 1 of each color including TU.

At this point, we already have several characters that can steal AP (Mystique, OBW, Hood, Blade, don't know if I'm forgetting anyone else). Personally, I would be more interested in a new mechanism like increasing enemy AP costs.
          • nimvin wrote:

Theft
            7AP

At this point, we already have several characters that can steal AP (Mystique, OBW, Hood, Blade, don't know if I'm forgetting anyone else). Personally, I would be more interested in a new mechanism like increasing enemy AP costs.

I agree with that new mechanism would be apreciate actually. And increase enemy ap cost could be good : ).

Something like:

Loki add special tile who increase the ap of ennemies habilities. Special tiles can be smashed but Loki can add as special tiles as there are tiles of this color on the board( dont know wich color actually but blue could be good).

Or something based on "Team Tiles" of ennemy team. Because one tactic of Loki is to make ennemy team confuse and less bind together.
          • I just hope I can keep doing this:

http://youtu.be/P_Nz4iPf5Lc
          • His third power can be nothing and he can still encroach on The Hood's dominance as #1 support once he is able to reach level 166 because Illusions is such a powerful AP gain ability and it's also a huge clock waster which is a significant concern for shield hopping defense.

Assuming his ability stay as is you'd want 3/5/5 regardless of what his third ability does to move the black cost to 13 so it won't be favored over Surgical Strike (50/50 at 11, nearly 100% at 12, and nearly 0% at 13). Although you lose The Hood, this puts purple as a must-defend color and that might be devastating enough to make up for even missing Dormammu's Aid.
          • MarcusGraves
            MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
            im hoping the new power is an active green, I like pairing Loki with magneto because they play nice together with all the board shuffling but a green outlet is badly needed. illusions can also really rack up damage when some strike tiles are on the board, punisher/mag/loki is still one of my favorite simulator teams to play because of all the cheap abilities, AP gathering and damage it can put out.
          • PuceMoose
            PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
            Just ruminating on a possible third power.

Deflection 9 AP greenflag.png

Loki turns the opponent's abilities against them. Chosen basic tile becomes a 3-turn countdown timer. While the countdown timer is active, if an enemy ability that deals damage resolves, it also deals 25% of the total damage dealt to the targeted enemy, and reduces damage taken by yourteam from that ability by 10%.
            Level 2: Deals 35% damage, reduces damage by 20%.
            Level 2: Deals 45% damage, reduces damage by 30%.
            Level 2: Deals 55% damage, reduces damage by 40%.
            Level 2: Deals 65% damage, reduces damage by 50%.

(That probably could be worded more plainly. As an example, let's say you get hit with an enemy ability that deals 1000 damage. At level five, you would take only 500 damage, and deal 650 damage to the targeted enemy.)

Alternate version:

Deflection (passive) greenflag.png

Loki takes delight in his inferior opponent's pathetic attempts to inflict harm to his servants. Damage from enemy abilities or board matches is reduced by 1% for every green tile on the board.
            If there are fewer than six green tiles on the board, Loki takes 10% of his current health in damage at the start of the turn.

Level 2: 2% reduction for every green tile on the board. 9% damage.
            Level 3: 3% reduction for every green tile on the board. 8% damage.
            Level 2: 4% reduction for every green tile on the board. 7% damage.
            Level 2: 5% reduction for every green tile on the board. 5% damage.
          • So we've discovered what Loki's 3rd power is then...
            lv 5 Baffle - Loki uses his powers to alter reality, bringing forward the Season end time by 3 hours to baffle and suprise your opponent!

Yeah, I was beta testing it earlier today...
          • Phaserhawk
            Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
            Well Considering he is in Hood territory for hit points his new skill needs to be pretty strong. I'm hoping they tweaked his black, purple was okay, but black was way to expensive for what it did, plus if you make the new cover really good you'll garner lots of $ from players.
          • Phaserhawk wrote:
            I'm hoping they tweaked his black, purple was okay, but black was way to expensive for what it did,

Black was expensive, but have you tried it with Patch's Berzerker Rage? Combo those two together and it removes the downside from Berzerker to give you 2.5k damage, puts out almost 1k of strike tiles and 1k of defence tiles in one hit.

It's pretty much only Patch that works with Loki currently, but when it works it's glorious!
          • NorthernPolarity
            NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
            Phaserhawk wrote:
            I'm hoping they tweaked his black, purple was okay, but black was way to expensive for what it did,

Black was expensive, but have you tried it with Patch's Berzerker Rage? Combo those two together and it removes the downside from Berzerker to give you 2.5k damage, puts out almost 1k of strike tiles and 1k of defence tiles in one hit.

It's pretty much only Patch that works with Loki currently, but when it works it's glorious!

To be fair, Loki's purple is so good that if your team only needed a purple user, I would strongly consider running Loki. I rank it as probably the third best purple in the game behind deceptive tactics and aggressive recon: generating ~7.5 destroyed tiles on average for 5 AP is insane, and the fact that its cheap means you don't even have to prioritize it. Fury or DP would probably be much better with illusions instead of Escape Plan or whales just because it's so damn cheap. The problem is that you normally don't have space on your team for a character that only contributes one ability, but with the third skill, he might legitimately be high tier.
          • The problem is if they do give him a 3rd power, they'll probably nerf illusions to at least 8 AP. (Manipulation costs 11AP.) The only reason it's allowed to be so low now is because few people use him with the level difference.
          • Phaserhawk
            Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
            daibar wrote:
            The problem is if they do give him a 3rd power, they'll probably nerf illusions to at least 8 AP. (Manipulation costs 11AP.) The only reason it's allowed to be so low now is because few people use him with the level difference.

I would be fine with that, if whatever they do makes him playable and not to be some niche combo with Patch, then I don't care.

• To be fair, Loki's purple is so good that if your team only needed a purple user, I would strongly consider running Loki. I rank it as probably the third best purple in the game behind deceptive tactics and aggressive recon: generating ~7.5 destroyed tiles on average for 5 AP is insane, and the fact that its cheap means you don't even have to prioritize it. Fury or DP would probably be much better with illusions instead of Escape Plan or whales just because it's so damn cheap. The problem is that you normally don't have space on your team for a character that only contributes one ability, but with the third skill, he might legitimately be high tier.

Blade says hello -- once more people get him leveled, Keep Your Enemies Closer at rank 5 is very very strong. I suspect that Illusions is going to cost 2-3 more AP once his third skill gets added.