** Magneto (Marvel NOW!) ** [PRE 2015-03]

14567810»

Comments

• Both Thor4 and Mystique work well with Magneto, as Magneto's great for scooping up charged tiles with Red and Purple powers, and Magneto's Purple feeds well into Mystique's Blue and vice versa. Magneto might just be my second most used 2* at the moment. I'm beginning to think that Polarity Shift can be one of the most over-powered skills in the game.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Stormneto's still a viable combo, right? Lately I've been having trouble placing well in PVPs, but I keep seeing C.Storm / Magneto pairings in my bracket, seemingly doing pretty well. Not great on defense (easy pickings for just about every team I've fielded; guessing the AI can't pull off the Polarity Shift / Wind Storm combo), but if you can storm up the rankings (no pun intended) quick enough then shield, that's all you need... right?
  • CNash wrote:
    Stormneto's still a viable combo, right? Lately I've been having trouble placing well in PVPs, but I keep seeing C.Storm / Magneto pairings in my bracket, seemingly doing pretty well. Not great on defense (easy pickings for just about every team I've fielded; guessing the AI can't pull off the Polarity Shift / Wind Storm combo), but if you can storm up the rankings (no pun intended) quick enough then shield, that's all you need... right?
    They're definitely the choice of 2* shield jumpers. If you win 3 or so battles and shield up, you don't have to worry about the defensive blow back.
  • I just maxed my MN Mags and C storm and am finding the combo very fun to play.

It sucks when there is barely any Purple on the board though. Almost automatic loss if you are going against super quick opponent like boosted dr. doom
  • In those cases I match green in hopes a board clear AP boost will net the purple/blue I need to start the Storm Train runnin'.

I have a pretty diverse roster of 166s, and I still use MNM + C.Storm on low level PvE nodes because they are fast and fun to play.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    In those cases I match green in hopes a board clear AP boost will net the purple/blue I need to start the Storm Train runnin'.

I have a pretty diverse roster of 166s, and I still use MNM + C.Storm on low level PvE nodes because they are fast and fun to play.
    I use them on high level nodes all the time too. The third is usually Hood, nowadays Colossus as well and rarely Black Panther. All of them bring active yellow/black skills and either even more AP, or more protection/damage. For safety they can use a blurple boost, but they are extremely strong unboosted as well. Storm's yellow is nice even at 3 covers when you manage to tank with everyone evenly.
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    i found that he works really well with ares and daken. they are my best team, considering all are maxed at lvl 94. daken takes over the blue with chemical reaction and mags just helps create critical tiles and massive damage.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please make this skill user targeted, I used this skill 3 times in my last match with these results
    13 red tiles available, placed in the lower right corner
    11 red tiles available, placed in the lower left corner
    12 red tiles available, placed one tile up and out of the lower left corner

It seems to be this will be placed so that it will destroy the LEAST amount of tiles possible
  • spawn2012
    spawn2012 Posts: 44
    It seems to be really random. Sometimes far from any enemy tiles, other times exactly where You want it. Targeting would make it too powerfull for 2* char imo.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's completely random. You're just having terrible luck.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Want to see it show up in the middle? Activate it against Rags when he has, oh I dunno, about 6 green AP in the bank.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you could place the tile, MF would go from probably the best 2* Red ability to absolutely the best 2* Red ability. It would be beyond good.

This thread is now closed and further character discussion is here.
This discussion has been closed.