Hollowpoint Kiss - November 21 - 23 - Season VIII

Options
2»

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chose the second slice; nothing but seed teams all the way to 250 points, at which time grossly underleveled 2* teams started showing up. (Some of the seeds topped these guys, so yeah; grossly underleveled...) Took until the 320 point mark for things to return to normal. I wonder if Demiurge is still twisting some MMR knobs somewhere...
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    District 4 (10pm pst) reporting in with 9 hours left to go! What's crazy is I can see several other names around me that are capable of 1300+ too.
    VWKxHgM.jpg
  • Ludaa wrote:
    District 4 (10pm pst) reporting in with 9 hours left to go! What's crazy is I can see several other names around me that are capable of 1300+ too.

I bet there quite a few like. Lots of people can probably make it to 1300 before first shield. There is that many points out there.
  • I've gotten another death bracket. Top is above 2000; top ten is at 1200. If they're trying to get me to abandon putting any effort into PVP, it's working.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congrats on the win, Turul.
    Only noticed that you actually needed the blue Fury after I overtook you.
    Didn't unshield at the end to give you the chance, glad it worked out.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:

I bet there quite a few like. Lots of people can probably make it to 1300 before first shield. There is that many points out there.

I usually do that during normal pvps. I'm hoping to get to 1400/1500 before my first shield tonight. Fingers crossed!
  • Very strange in alliance chat seeing the disparity in the brackets that we're getting during these events based on the time slices we're choosing.
    Alliance mates are in brackets where 1800+ is barely top 10, or 1300+ for top 10.

My bracket on the other hand looked like this at the finish:

kMy1ifq.jpg

In the last 3 hours, playing lightly for a while, I went from 300 to 800, and decided to give a shot at top 5 without shielding. Used no imcoin.png boosts, only iso8.png so this worked out profitably. Got there, then got hit for 109 during a fight, worked back up and stayed there. I can't remember who it was that lost a retal to me for +22 in the last 10 minutes, but I found them again in the queue and hit them for another 20. I feel no remorse! I'm now going to have a 2/1/1 IM40 who will eventually go 5/5/1 to complement my 5/5/2. Aww yeah.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't like this event.

I'm in the bracket with TheDirewolf (2033) and Colognoisseur (1838), and I'm #83 with 578. Once I crossed 500 practically all I saw were something like 80% 166 and 18.7% 140+, with only the occasional team my level (which is 90% level 110 except for a level 150 X-Force) or lower. Looking at the rosters around me, all but one other are full of 166.

Is it too much to ask that we have fewer than 100 players with max rosters per bracket? It's not like they need the IM40 cover. (Moon Roach doesn't, Wolveroach does, he's even worse off.)

That's a general gripe, not limited to this event. I'll probably copy and paste it into others later. And it gives me an idea for a suggestion.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    VWKxHgM.jpg

I'm in the same Time Slice, but my Bracket has every high scorer in the Xmen, Xmen2, Raider Outlaws, EmadaTeam, etc

So my Top 10 now starts boarding with 2000+ pts or GTFO...

Not complaining (since I only need Top 25) but I could see how one might call it a Bracket of Doom... icon_lol.gif

I seem to be needing that "I may have made a Huge Mistake" meme more and more lately
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:
    VWKxHgM.jpg

I'm in the same Time Slice, but my Bracket has every high scorer in the Xmen, Xmen2, Raider Outlaws, EmadaTeam, etc

So my Top 10 now starts boarding with 2000+ pts or GTFO...

Not complaining (since I only need Top 25) but I could see how one might call it a Bracket of Doom... icon_lol.gif

I seem to be needing that "I may have made a Huge Mistake" meme more and more lately

Depends on what you're going for. Being with the high scorers allows you to reach the higher progression rewards, but being in other slices allows for better placement.
  • DecoyDuck
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    VWKxHgM.jpg

I'm in this bracket too, but you can't see me since I only have a lowly 1200 points. I had to double-check - this is just for IM40 covers, right? Did I miss a memo? Is everyone on some elaborate inside joke? Like everyone else in the top10, I don't need IM40 covers. So... we're all doing this for laffs?
  • Finished in 27th, only 14 points out of the top 25 and I could actually use the IM40 covers, since I started at (1/1/0).

If I keep up my current pace, I'm definitely on track for my best season finish ever. I've never actually finished all progression rewards before, and with 14 days left, I just broke 3500.

Now I just need to find a decent source of ISO outside of LR so I can actually level up some characters. Still working on my first 166.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone know how alliance scoring works with adding someone after their shard has already ended?
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    Anyone know how alliance scoring works with adding someone after their shard has already ended?

Not sure, but I would imagine that D3 servers would only check for alliance placement at the end of the last shard, meaning that any moves up until then would be counted.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where did that OpPayHarder alliance come from???

icon_razz.gif
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    I don't like this event.
    Is it too much to ask that we have fewer than 100 players with max rosters per bracket? It's not like they need the IM40 cover. (Moon Roach doesn't, Wolveroach does, he's even worse off.)
    This is a problem that become worse with new timezones. I've finished 127 with 520 points, from 500 I only could que people with clearly superior rosters than mine. With my 94s I couldn't get wins fast enough to climb anywhere decent. This time even shields don't help. I can't earn anything from PvP to progress further...
    (waiting for someone telling me I clearly should start shieldhopping for 1 IM cover).
  • Where did that OpPayHarder alliance come from???

icon_razz.gif

Believe it is made up of veterans from different top alliance.... good jobs to you guys for getting no. 1
    Not easy getting everyone with 2k score to come together
  • I selected by time slice (midnight finish GMT, so 4pm EST) with 4 hours to go in this event and was welcomed by the sight of seeing most of the top 10 over 1000 points and the bracket only 35% full!

That tells me that my combination of time slice and high MMR made for a very slow filling bracket which had probably started to fill up a long time (12, 24, 48hrs?) before I entered.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Once I crossed 500 practically all I saw were something like 80% 166 and 18.7% 140+, with only the occasional team my level (which is 90% level 110 except for a level 150 X-Force) or lower. Looking at the rosters around me, all but one other are full of 166.

Just like every bracket I've been playing for the past half year. From Europe no less; i.e., shielding for 150HP at the 8hr mark and praying you scored enough to retain a top 100 finish at the end of the ride...