Fun Games or Apps Discovered by In-Game Ads?

Options
SunCrusher
SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
I generally am not too fond of in-game ads, BUT on the rare occasion, I sometimes find a fun little gem that I might not have discovered otherwise. This happened to me recently so I thought I might share my experience.

So I was playing Tiny Towers Vegas when I encountered an ad (earned 2 Chips for it, so it was a voluntary thing) for a game called Best Fiends.

It's you (a whole gang of insects!) versus a bunch of... slugs (no, seriously!) and it's a puzzle game where you try and (usually) collect as many of a certain color tile as you can per move to defeat slugs, collect item boxes, collect on-board items (gems, dropped keys), clear obstacles, and fulfill quest/level goals.

There are insects of the Purple, Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow variety and each color has multiple insects with different abilities that you can unlock as you go along.

You collect mites to level the insects and their abilities and it's a fun little challenge to figure out what ability combo types might help you to clear certain levels (collect X number of color tiles or break X boxes or KO X slugs).

I wasn't expecting to like the game in all honesty, but I thought it was a bit whimsical and fun since I like match/collect-tile puzzlers and I have been playing it ever since.

It's also a single-player mode sort of game so besides the option to link to Facebook, you go at your own pace.

Comments