Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in Character Details
On the Marvel site

[anchor=rocket3]Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted)[/anchor] icon_rocket.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 10710 Tile damage: 79/13/61/12/70/11
    I Am Groot - Yellow yellowtile.png Passive
    Groot regrows himself from a single sprig, consuming any plant matter around him. If Rocket and Groot are below 25% health and make a yellow match, Rocket and Groot destroy all team up tiles on the board, not dealing damage, but healing 88 for each tile. Does not generate AP.
      Level 2: Groot heals 110 per tile. Level 3: Groot heals 132 per tile. Level 4: Groot heals 176 per tile. Level 5: Groot heals 264 per tile.
    Max Level: Heal 834 for each tutile.png tile destroyed
      Blammo! We Got Ya! - Green 10 greentile.png
      Rocket and Groot unleash massive destruction on their enemies. Groot punches a 2×2 hole in the center of the board, while Rocket destroys 1 additional random basic tile for each 2 greentile.png the team has. Deals 23 damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
        Level 2: Can destroy enemy protect tiles. Deals 31 per tile. Level 3: Can destroy enemy strike and attack tiles. Deals 38 per tile. Level 4: Max: 2×2 + 1 tile of any type for each
      greentile.pnggreentile.png , 165 damage per tile.
      Level 5: Max: 2×4, 185 damage per tile.
      Max Level: Max: 2×4 + 1 tile of any type for each greentile.pnggreentile.png, 185 damage per tile.
        I Got A Plan - 11 Blue bluetile.png
        Rocket builds a ridiculously awesome weapon out of scraps. Place a 3-turn countdown tile on any basic tile. When his designs come to fruition, this countdown transforms 2 random basic blue tiles into strength 55 Strike tiles.
          Level 2: Rocket makes strength 66 Strike Tiles. Level 3: Rocket makes 3 strike tiles. Level 4: Max: 2-turn countdown, turn 3
        bluetile.png into strength 244 Strike tiles.
        Level 5: Max: Turn 4 bluetile.png into strength 261 Strike tiles.
        Max Level: Turn 4 bluetile.png into strength 261 Strike tiles.

First up with the Yellow Passive, '”I Am Groot,” we have a powerful healing ability for the times when Groot is diminished to a smaller, yet still reasonably happy, stature. At low health, the team can match up Yellow AP, which then destroys Team-Up AP on the board and heals up Rocket and Groot—somewhat—good as new. At max level and with an average board—nine Team-Up tiles—the duo can bring themselves back to completely full health from 25%. Definitely a move you don’t want Groot getting off. As Groot would state, “I Am Groot.” Says it all, really.

Second we have the combined ability, the Green “Blammo! We Got Ya!” Here, Rocket and Groot team up for a board smashing attack that also deals damage for each tile destroyed, along with the cascades that the move will inevitably create. At lower levels, it destroys the core of the board as Groot punches it and blows up a few tiles with Rocket’s indiscriminate fire for each two Green AP the team has; later levels increase the carnage in the center of the board and also starts allowing the ability to affect different types of special tiles.

Lastly, we have Rocket’s ability, the Blue “I Got a Plan.” Here, Rocket puts his genius into the mix, taking a bit of time to build a huge, unstable weapon to use on the battlefield. How this manifests is that it places a Countdown tile on the board which, when activated, pushes Strike tiles onto the board. Higher levels of this ability increase the number and quality of the Strike tiles placed as Rocket figures out how to use better materials. At max level, a single use of this ability edges out even Sentry’s Strike tile contribution without all that pesky taking damage involved. Rocket just needs a minute to get everything going is all.
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• It sounds like this could be a true heal. If that's the case this duo is going to be pretty powerful.
        • this duo actually kinda sound OP
        • CrookedKnight
          CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
          That passive sounds nuts. Substantial [true?] healing and board shake for free when you match yellow? I'll take five, thanks.
        • turul
          turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
          Blue sounds beast-ish, and other two abilities will destroy the tile.
        • turul wrote:

I'm thinking the same since that tile could be destroyed. I'm wondering who would be a good teamup with him tho. CMag is the only one sounding good off the top of my head.
        • ecir2002 wrote:
          turul wrote:

I'm thinking the same since that tile could be destroyed. I'm wondering who would be a good teamup with him tho. CMag is the only one sounding good off the top of my head.

Hood, of course. Use Intimidation to help offset the pesky CD nature of the strike tile.
        • I will put money down on "I Got a Plan" being A) too costly and 2) too long a CD to see much active use. Especially if said CD is randomly placed.
        • That passive sounds nuts. Substantial [true?] healing and board shake for free when you match yellow? I'll take five, thanks.

No where does it mention True Heal. I'd wager that it isn't. They may have out of combat True Heal thanks to Groot's regen, but this sounds much more like a match heal than a True Heal in game.

Also, thanks to the nature of board makeups, it's only going to work once. How will it even trigger? Any yellow match? Below 50% health? Below 25% health? Once a certain amount of yellow is stockpiled? And once it does trigger all the TU are eaten, so it won't work a second time for some time as the board cycles.
        • Pwuz_
          Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
          Lerysh wrote:
          That passive sounds nuts. Substantial [true?] healing and board shake for free when you match yellow? I'll take five, thanks.

No where does it mention True Heal. I'd wager that it isn't. They may have out of combat True Heal thanks to Groot's regen, but this sounds much more like a match heal than a True Heal in game.

Also, thanks to the nature of board makeups, it's only going to work once. How will it even trigger? Any yellow match? Below 50% health? Below 25% health? Once a certain amount of yellow is stockpiled? And once it does trigger all the TU are eaten, so it won't work a second time for some time as the board cycles.

IF this is a True Heal (which I hope it is) I'd also wager that their combined health isn't much to write home about. Patch may be the high end for them, and they may set a new bar for 3* health on the low end.
        • Moral
          Moral Posts: 512
          The "I am Groot" reads to me as, 'When Rocket and Groot are below 25% health, on a yellow match Destroy up to X team up tiles restoring Y health per tile destroyed."

Kind of a mashup with Amazing Wolverine Healing Factor and Magneto Polarizing Force
        • himatako
          himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
          Moral wrote:
          The "I am Groot" reads to me as, 'When Rocket and Groot are below 25% health, on a yellow match Destroy up to X team up tiles restoring Y health per tile destroyed."

Kind of a mashup with Amazing Wolverine Healing Factor and Magneto Polarizing Force

I think so. This will be interesting, as most players tend to ignore team up tiles, making it more effective for Groot to restore his health. This would force you to manage the board more carefully, either by trying to take yellow away or reduce the number of TU on the board.

Also, base on what they say about Gamora, Rocket's blue should work nicely with her red.
        • Sounds like you want to one hit kill them when they're around 30% health.

Hopefully the blue countdown isn't any longer than 3 or 2 turns. I'm wondering if it manifests itself like Panther's Defensive Grid?
        • himatako
          himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
          daibar wrote:
          Sounds like you want to one hit kill them when they're around 30% health.

Hopefully the blue countdown isn't any longer than 3 or 2 turns. I'm wondering if it manifests itself like Panther's Defensive Grid?

Base on what they said on the interview, high level mean more number of strike tiles and higher quality, so I doubt that it will be a continuous CD tile like Panther's. The skill sounds more like Rocket spending time building a weapon. A continuos CD would imply that he keeps on creating weapons, which, from the interview, doesn't sound like what they're going for.
        • Phaserhawk
          Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
          himatako wrote:
          daibar wrote:

Base on what they said on the interview, high level mean more number of strike tiles and higher quality, so I doubt that it will be a continuous CD tile like Panther's. The skill sounds more like Rocket spending time building a weapon. A continuos CD would imply that he keeps on creating weapons, which, from the interview, doesn't sound like what they're going for.

It will function just like Captain America's Blue, except you probably can't place tile. So you have a CD that when resolved leaves something.

as for people saying passive OP. Look at the statment. 25% to full health. I have a feeling if you get Rocket/Groot below a certain health the passive stops working, in addition you still need TU tiles on the board, so C.Mags really counters them.
        • CrookedKnight
          CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
          I Am Groot is true healing (no "burst of health" language) and it functions as Moral predicted, with extra board shake - below 25% health, matching yellow destroys all team-up tiles, healing a set amount per tile destroyed. So it's Polarizing Impact but it true heals you instead of damaging your opponent and it's a freaking passive. That's crazy good.

Edit: And you can place I Gotta Plan on the tile of your choice (basics only). So that's nice.
        • So it's a clear 5/3/5, I guess. If blue spits out that kind of strike tile at lvl 1, I imagine it gets completely insane at lvl 5. Seems like a fixed beast.
        • Phaserhawk wrote:
          himatako wrote:
          daibar wrote:

It will function just like Captain America's Blue, except you probably can't place tile. So you have a CD that when resolved leaves something.

as for people saying passive OP. Look at the statment. 25% to full health. I have a feeling if you get Rocket/Groot below a certain health the passive stops working, in addition you still need TU tiles on the board, so C.Mags really counters them.

Do you use cmags a lot? Cause in my experience after a red and cascades there are plenty of TU tiles on the upper part of the screen. Even if it's not healing completely, it's a passive that causes a massive cascade, potentially every turn. It's amazing, all right.
        • NorthernPolarity
          NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          ark123 wrote:
          So it's a clear 5/3/5, I guess. If blue spits out that kind of strike tile at lvl 1, I imagine it gets completely insane at lvl 5. Seems like a fixed beast.

inb4 blue costs 15AP. Can we stop predicting builds without even knowing how the abilities progress in the first place? That's like me saying "I think he's gonna be 3/5/5 because 3->5 yellow sucks" even though none of us know how the abilities even progress with covers.
        • ark123 wrote:
          So it's a clear 5/3/5, I guess. If blue spits out that kind of strike tile at lvl 1, I imagine it gets completely insane at lvl 5. Seems like a fixed beast.

Sounds like hood would be a good partner for that build or C Mags for the 5/5/3 build then.
        • Isay_Isay
          Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
          Looks like "I Am Groot" is a combo of 2* Wolverine's passive and cMags red.