Widow Maker

12345679»

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    Hmm that's actually an interesting idea. Devs should do a tourney with no boosts to see how it pans out. boosts do change everything and pretty much guarantees you the win

Please do. High level teams will clean up. I can run my L115 Rags, L141 Spidey, L110 Mags with no boosts, win every match, and end up full health. For this tournament I was running Rags/Spidey/L105 BWGS (started out at 85). I did have to go heal in Prologue every few rounds simply because most matches were over before I could get enough yellow.

Aren't high level teams "supposed" to clean up?
  • doneskis wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    Hmm that's actually an interesting idea. Devs should do a tourney with no boosts to see how it pans out. boosts do change everything and pretty much guarantees you the win

Please do. High level teams will clean up. I can run my L115 Rags, L141 Spidey, L110 Mags with no boosts, win every match, and end up full health. For this tournament I was running Rags/Spidey/L105 BWGS (started out at 85). I did have to go heal in Prologue every few rounds simply because most matches were over before I could get enough yellow.

Aren't high level teams "supposed" to clean up?

Boosts are a big equalizer for lower level teams. Mainly just because the ai sucks on 'defense'.
  • Yeah, I brought of the idea of a No Boosts Allowed event earlier, but the very nature of the event would basically alienate newer, lower level players.
  • Oh man that was brutal. I was attacked so many times at the end, it seemed like everybody had lined me up lol. Fortunately still landed top 4.
    The annoying thing is that the leader of my bracked was not hit once in the final hour. He didn't even gain points, just stood there, probably he was not even playing. Even if he had the most badass team ever, what's the probability of that happening???
    I came so close so many times, even had the lead at one point, only to be knocked down again and again and again. Whatever... no bag lady for me, still got IM40 covers. icon_cool.gif

Hey psycho, was that you in my bracket? Yeah I took 1st without really trying. I got to abt 420 the other day to collect the hero points and near the end of work today before I went home the scores were hovering around 650-700 so I decided to make a brief push after I saw the leaders take a beating. Could not really play last few hours and jumped in last 10 min for a few quick matches and only ended about 745ish.

Hey, yeah that was me!
    I knew I had seen the name somewhere lol.
    May I ask you what your team was? It must be damn good to scare people off like that! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I bet you had a couple of successful defenses too... cause I saw your score increase twice by very few points and then stay there forever icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Oh man that was brutal. I was attacked so many times at the end, it seemed like everybody had lined me up lol. Fortunately still landed top 4.
    The annoying thing is that the leader of my bracked was not hit once in the final hour. He didn't even gain points, just stood there, probably he was not even playing. Even if he had the most badass team ever, what's the probability of that happening???
    I came so close so many times, even had the lead at one point, only to be knocked down again and again and again. Whatever... no bag lady for me, still got IM40 covers. icon_cool.gif

Hey psycho, was that you in my bracket? Yeah I took 1st without really trying. I got to abt 420 the other day to collect the hero points and near the end of work today before I went home the scores were hovering around 650-700 so I decided to make a brief push after I saw the leaders take a beating. Could not really play last few hours and jumped in last 10 min for a few quick matches and only ended about 745ish.

Hey, yeah that was me!
    May I ask you what your team was? It must be damn good to scare people off like that! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I bet you had a couple of successful defenses too... cause I saw your score increase twice by very few points and then stay there forever icon_e_biggrin.gif

I was running a lvl115 Rags, 115 spidey and lvl 66ish GSBW. I think I managed somehow to stay under the radar of the big dogs bc I made a later push.

Hey, yeah that was me!

I was running a lvl115 Rags, 115 spidey and lvl 66ish GSBW. I think I managed somehow to stay under the radar of the big dogs bc I made a later push.