*** Blade (Daywalker) ***

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, Reprieve and Electric Arrow say they "reduce" enemy AP, not "drain."
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, I hadn't noticed that Black was the Alliance cover (since my Alliance was fighting for top 250, not like it mattered to me.)

Don't they usually offer the same cover as the top 10/ top 5 reward for Alliances? Black was the top 150 reward for this.
  • CrookedKnight
    They changed it a month or two ago. It's been like this in PvP, too.
  • OBW's purpleflag.png and blackflag.png say they steal, same for Hood's blueflag.png . So now "drains" is same as "steals" while "reduces" is its own cathegory (like "drains" was)?

I never really noticed because the heroes I have all steal (those two I pointed).
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    OBW's purpleflag.png and blackflag.png say they steal, same for Hood's blueflag.png . So now "drains" is same as "steals" while "reduces" is its own cathegory (like "drains" was)?

I never really noticed because the heroes I have all steal (those two I pointed).

Yeah drain is confusing because the only other place where it's used in the skill description is for IM40's stupid AP drain when Unibeam or Ballistic Salvo are triggered. Daredevil's purple steals 1 ap when trap is matched but his blue generates 1 AP when matched. X-Forces Surgical Strike reduces AP but the destroyed tiles on the board are collected (at 5 covers)

... There needs to be more consistency & clarity in the skill descriptions
  • CrookedKnight
    Another piece of good news: as befits his vampiric nature, Blade has fast healing.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Yeah it definitely seems to be a wording issue.
    "drain" is used a lot in video games for stealing life and is maybe a more "vampire-style" word to use so that's why it was used here
  • I gotta admit, The Thirst greenflag.png freaked me out a bit the first time it popped up... and Daredevil has yet another ally that screws with his traps lol
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    I've maxed him out at 5/3/5 for those who would like to see level 5 green and black.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red Panda wrote:
    I gotta admit, The Thirst greenflag.png freaked me out a bit the first time it popped up... and Daredevil has yet another ally that screws with his traps lol
    Daaaammn!!! That's fast when going against goons. Once you get enough Red on the board it's a new tile EVERY turn. Add in Falcon, and I'm thinking some high level goons are toast.
  • Saw the stats on Colo's roster and he's balanced enough and thus won't have any impact on the PvP game because nobody that has a significant impact in PvP is anywhere remotely balanced.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Red Panda wrote:
    Yeah drain is confusing because the only other place where it's used in the skill description is for IM40's stupid AP drain when Unibeam or Ballistic Salvo are triggered. Daredevil's purple steals 1 ap when trap is matched but his blue generates 1 AP when matched. X-Forces Surgical Strike reduces AP but the destroyed tiles on the board are collected (at 5 covers)

... There needs to be more consistency & clarity in the skill descriptions
    Well, at least we now know Demiurge definitely has more than one character designer. icon_lol.gif
  • He seems really daken-y. Solid strike tile generator but I'm not sure about his purple. Seems too expensive.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    i have him maxed at 5/5/3 if anyone wants to see his purple at 5(jp189512/5DeadlyVenoms) and his black is absolutely insane, at 5 covers it definitely is a AP steal, not just drain, i had a game where i had two CD's out and it was draining Ares green like there's no tomorrow
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing that the purple at 5 does a 2nd attack.png , I think I'm seriously considering 3/5/5. with 6 strike.pngs out, each one does 1k damage, and honestly, 2 AP a turn is really probably good enough to keep the enemy pretty close to 0 anyway
  • CrookedKnight
    Which redflag.png level drops the requirement to 10? That seems like the vital one to get.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Which redflag.png level drops the requirement to 10? That seems like the vital one to get.

it's only 10 at 5 covers for his Green :/ that's why i didn't bother, there's not that much of a difference between 3 green and 5, 33 damage lower, 3 green makes an 89 as opposed to two 58's at 4, 5 just lowers the threshold to 10
  • Which redflag.png level drops the requirement to 10? That seems like the vital one to get.

Appears to be 5.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    Hmm, I hadn't noticed that Black was the Alliance cover (since my Alliance was fighting for top 250, not like it mattered to me.)

Don't they usually offer the same cover as the top 10/ top 5 reward for Alliances? Black was the top 150 reward for this.
    They stopped doing that a few months ago.

Now they double up the bottom cover and reserve the top cover for only the top finishers.

In the PVP for Blade covers, black will likely be the top 5 finish cover.

They balanced this change out, I believe, by offering the top 5 cover in PVP as the 1100 point reward in the next PVP.

At least that is what it seems like.

There are a couple of times that didn't line up, so maybe it was just a coincidence the times that I noticed it.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    So here's what we know

5 blackflag.pngNightstalker

1877 Damage then a Green CD tile that activates every turn draining 3AP from enemy's strongest color

3 purpleflag.pngKeepr Your Enemies Closer

Creates a Purple 260 Attack tile with bonus 105 strength for each friendly (max 6)

4 purpleflag.pngKeep your Enemies Closer

Create a Purple 382 Attack tile with bonus 105 strength for each friendly (max 6)

5 purpleflag.pngKeep your Enemies Closer

Creates 2 strength 382 tiles with bonus 105 strength for each friendly strike tile on the board (max 6)

3 greenflag.pngThe Thirst

If 11 or more red tiles a random red tile becomes a strength 89 strike tile

4 greenflag.pngThe Thirst

If 11 or more red tiles 2 random red tiles become strength 58 strike tiles

5 greenflag.pngThe Thirst

If 10 or more red tiles 2 random red tiles become strength 58 strike tiles

So Blade does offer up a variety of builds. He seems fairly balanced, and like D3 loves to do, it forces you to really go 5 into a character cover to get the most out of it. The fact that purple creates 2 attack tiles at level 5 really has me wondering which way to go. I will defer to Phanton for the math calculations of having the Threshold at 10 vs. 11, but I have a feeling that is going to be a big jump. So what gives you more damage? Free strike tiles at a fairly high threshold or 2 very strong attack tiles that cost 10 Purple?