*** Blade (Daywalker) ***

Comments

• Pwuz_ wrote:
    Red Panda wrote:
    Joker117 wrote:
    If you want go overkill blade,XFORCE with hulk Infront tanking could be a good group hulk brings red, xforce yellow and blade a passive and pink ...so you get red ,pink and 2 passives (hulk and blade) with green x3 ..

Yes I know overkill ..I said that lol not enough colors spread out but whatever .

X-Force & Hulk both have a tendency to destroy special tiles, so I don't think they'd pair well with Blade. Daken & Falcon would work well with him. Human Torch could be awesome with him especially if Blades countdown tiles steal Red or Green from the enemy team. I'm hoping he'll pair well with Patch too since collecting and using purple might convert enough of the remaining purple tiles into attack tiles that using berserker rage won't give the enemy fewer strike tiles.

Human Torch would be a poor pair since he destroys the Red tiles that are needed to get Blade's Passive going.

True but I just realized that Psylocke might be a compatible blade wielding partner for him. His Green passive makes Red Strike tiles, speeding up her Red strike tile creation which in turn buffs his purple attack tiles. His Black creates a green countdown tile that may steal Red (Thor, Sentry, Torch, Iron Man, Psylocke etc.) and her blue might potentially steal Purple since there are few active purple skills.
  • He is sharing 2 colors with XForce. Honestly, I'll keep on using XF once Blade is released.

Blade may be a good pal for other characters in PvE and some special PvPs, but he won't be a revolution to the game.

So Blade is not a game changer. He is in the Deadpool, Colossus... category. Good characters but not strong enough to be Top Tier.

Lady Thor will be.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    arktos1971 wrote:
    He is sharing 2 colors with XForce. Honestly, I'll keep on using XF once Blade is released.

Blade may be a good pal for other characters in PvE and some special PvPs, but he won't be a revolution to the game.

So Blade is not a game changer. He is in the Deadpool, Colossus... category. Good characters but not strong enough to be Top Tier.

Lady Thor will be.

I cant wait fight teams of her and X-Force, that'll really make the game fun. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • arktos1971 wrote:

Lady Thor will be.

Lady Thor will be the new Sentry... its going to be very rewarding fighting just teams of lady thor
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    unbemator wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

Lady Thor will be.

Lady Thor will be the new Sentry... its going to be very rewarding fighting just teams of lady thor

Lady thor with xforce and ....fury? (To me that's a nice group) ..you get her red,yellow and blue , furs blue,pink or yellow , xforce Green , Black and yellow ..

Sure they share colors but xforce and LT cover blue,green,black,red,yellow and then fury or whoever you chose can cover purple,passives,tanking or whatever ..

3 4*s full leveled would be tough to fight ..
  • His purple seems quite overpriced.
    10 AP for a single attack tile?
    It does get powered up by strike tiles, but I wonder by how much.
    Unless we're looking at someone with the potential to reach 1000 damage per turn, I don't see how his optimal build wouldn't be 5/3/5.

Its saving grace is that it is purple, which is the weakest color in the game right now.

But I don't see this ability compelling people to actively farm purple AP, especially at a rate to get off a 10 AP ability with any consistency.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    onimus wrote:
    His purple seems quite overpriced.
    10 AP for a single attack tile?
    It does get powered up by strike tiles, but I wonder by how much.
    Unless we're looking at someone with the potential to reach 1000 damage per turn, I don't see how his optimal build wouldn't be 5/3/5.

Its saving grace is that it is purple, which is the weakest color in the game right now.

But I don't see this ability compelling people to actively farm purple AP, especially at a rate to get off a 10 AP ability with any consistency.

I'm reserving judgment till we know what level 3-5 look like for all his skills. Depending on which skills get the biggest bump from 3, 4, & 5; I think it's hard to really make a good decision.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm assuming black will be his best skill, but maybe the AP steal doesn't improve significantly at level 4/5, which would make it not so important to boost. Or maybe the green gets way more likely to proc, or the purple turns into Summon Demons level of attack tile creation. We'll see.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm assuming black will be his best skill, but maybe the AP steal doesn't improve significantly at level 4/5, which would make it not so important to boost. Or maybe the green gets way more likely to proc, or the purple turns into Summon Demons level of attack tile creation. We'll see.

It's not AP steal, it's AP drain, there's a big difference
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Interesting. Were the OP ability descriptions altered by Ice? The dev in the Marvel.com article does use the word "steal" when discussing the ability.
  • Phaserhawk
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Interesting. Were the OP ability descriptions altered by Ice? The dev in the Marvel.com article does use the word "steal" when discussing the ability.

Maybe it steals at higher levels, much like Surgical Strike is an AP drain until level 5 where it nets you AP from the board, but still doesn't technically steal AP either like Hood or OBW
  • CrookedKnight
    Wait, what's the difference between stealing and draining? It takes 1 AP from the enemy and gives it to you, whatever term corresponds to that.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Wait, what's the difference between stealing and draining? It takes 1 AP from the enemy and gives it to you, whatever term corresponds to that.
    Stealing = that add ap to you
    Draining = That drain Ap, but don't give to you
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Drain = Removes AP from enemy.
    Steal = Removes AP from enemy, and gives that amount to you.

That is a huge difference. As mentioned up above, it is the distinction between XF's black 4 and black 5.
  • CrookedKnight
    Oooooh. I was waaaaaaay overrating his black, then.
  • Phaserhawk
    essentially Blade's black is like Psylockes, It hits you for decent damage then leaves something on the board. In Psylocke's case it's an attack tile and Blades an AP drain.

However, since this is the most spammable skill you'll probably want it maxed. I'm guessing Blade will end up being a 5/5/3 prefered buil, but could see 5/4/4 or 5/3/5 depending on how good the green passive is.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    essentially Blade's black is like Psylockes, It hits you for decent damage then leaves something on the board. In Psylocke's case it's an attack tile and Blades an AP drain.

However, since this is the most spammable skill you'll probably want it maxed. I'm guessing Blade will end up being a 5/5/3 prefered buil, but could see 5/4/4 or 5/3/5 depending on how good the green passive is.

Im 95% sure that an x/5/5 build is going to be optimal. Think about if this way. What if i said, that instead of hoods passive stealing 1 red ap; it instead gave you daken power level strike tiles. Youd tell me that that would be insane, and thats exactly what blades green looks like its going to do.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, when was the last time you didn't want to max a passive
  • Spoit wrote:

Deadpool.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Also TDaken and maybe 2* Wolverine and CStorm.

Build is really going to depend on whether that strike tile is generated with much less red AP on the board. If black only steals at max covers, you might need to max that.