Arcade's Deathtrap Zone - a series of set puzzles

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
Suggestion .. a series of Match-3 puzzles for particular sets of heroes at various levels.

For example, if a player has Thor, Bagman, and Moonstone all at 20+ level, then they can try the puzzle specific for that group. There could be dozens of puzzles, each for a specific group.

Arcade welcomes them to their deaths, then sends the Arcade-style traps at the players. The traps work a bit like Maggia / Hammer, but with different graphics. They might start with an initial power boost of some sort.

The Environment is a special icon that gives no benefit, and which does not match itself. Each puzzle has a set grid of stones, and as matches are made the grid fills up with useless, unmatchable stones. To escape, they'll need to make the right matches and use the correct abilities in a way that manages to get past all of Arcade's traps.

For each team, they'd get a challenge that was hard but solvable, though it might take a few tries.

Comments

• In previous Puzzle quest games, they used to have a "research" mini game similar to this, that was nice to break up the monotony of constantly fighting against an NPC. Naturally, the reward was based on how difficult an item you were trying to create.

My point being that, the idea to just implement it just because would be kinda dull. A reward worth doing it would have to be included. The carrot on the stick. Until they add some kind of "equipables" or similar system, I don't see this being added anytime soon.

That being said, I enjoyed those puzzles, and would sometimes do the hardest ones for a couple of hours on end because it was different. I would love to see some kind of challenge like this in the game, and an appropriate reward and system to go with it.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    In previous Puzzle quest games, they used to have a "research" mini game similar to this, that was nice to break up the monotony of constantly fighting against an NPC. Naturally, the reward was based on how difficult an item you were trying to create.

My point being that, the idea to just implement it just because would be kinda dull. A reward worth doing it would have to be included. The carrot on the stick. Until they add some kind of "equipables" or similar system, I don't see this being added anytime soon.

That being said, I enjoyed those puzzles, and would sometimes do the hardest ones for a couple of hours on end because it was different. I would love to see some kind of challenge like this in the game, and an appropriate reward and system to go with it.

I was thinking more along the lines of the ones you had to do to unlock the runes in the original PQ. There was a fixed layout and you had to clear all tiles (they weren't replaced when matched). Loved those, but not sure how they'd work here. The solutions would be published in a hurry.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    I was thinking more along the lines of the ones you had to do to unlock the runes in the original PQ. There was a fixed layout and you had to clear all tiles (they weren't replaced when matched). Loved those, but not sure how they'd work here. The solutions would be published in a hurry.

Unless you could generate the puzzles procedurally, so the RNG could serve up everyone a new puzzle every time.