What Marvel character are you hoping for? (post movesets)

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I like the idea of a character who can stun and deals more damage to stunned enemies, but I don't think it fits Iceman thematically. Plus 9 blue for 3400 damage + a team stun is way too much.

I think he needs at least one defensive power, e.g. Ice Wall as someone suggested a while back.
  • @ErikPeter :
    Thematically, it could be logic to freeze ennemies and then to deal them a "critical blow" cause they can't move to reduce damages ^^. (hit in the balls or headshot... p.e. :p)

I also thought of something else :
    Let's create a "frozen status" with the effect : Even if you match something, you get no AP for the turn you're frost.
    Then, the problem of "stun=/=frost" (which are supposed to be different, in theory) would be nullified cause he would be the only one able to do it at the moment.

The defensive power is the steal ability here, but another one could be possible too. I'll try to think about it a little more and give another blackflag.png possibility.

About the number of color, it's only my opinion, but you're right about the 9 bluetile.png , i'll put 10.

Edit : I fixed it like that :
    Level 3 : dealing 175 damages and freeze them (stun?) all for two turns if you owns 15 bluetile.png / cost 12 bluetile.png
    Level 4 : dealing 185 damages and freeze them (stun?) all for two turns if you owns 14 bluetile.png / cost 11 bluetile.png
    Level 5 : dealing 200 damages and freeze them (stun?) all for three turns if you owns 16 bluetile.png / cost 10 bluetile.png

Cause it would then make the player choose between taking or not the level 5, which could be good cause it deals more damages but needs one more match to be done than level 4 to be effective and freeze enemies for one more turn. Cruel dilemma :p
  • 50ad082a340b5.jpg

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Lvl 166 - 7800 HP (45 HP/LVL -> LVL 40 2130 HP)

redflag.pngBlast Cards
    Desc : Gambit puts kinetic energy in his playing cards and throw them on his enemies. Destroys 1 vertical and 1 horizontal line on the board, dealing damage for each symbol broken.

Level 1 : deals 100% damages. / cost 7 redtile.png
    Level 2 : deals 125% damages. / cost 8 redtile.png
    Level 3 : deals 150% damages. / cost 9 redtile.png
    Level 4 : deals 225% damages. / cost 10 redtile.png
    Level 5 : deals 300% damages. / cost 11 redtile.png

Damages are done according to the strength of the tiles destroyed.

purpleflag.pngHypnotic Charm
    Desc : Gambit uses his hypnotic charm to seduce his enemies, allowing him to make what he wants.

Level 1 : Disable the enemy skills for 1 turn and remove a maximum of 2 AP of a random color of the enemy team. / cost 10 purpletile.png
    Level 2 : Disable the enemy skills for 1 turn and remove a maximum of 3 AP of a random color of the enemy team. / cost 10 purpletile.png
    Level 3 : Disable the enemy skills for 1 turn and removes a maximum of 4 AP of a random color of the enemy team. / cost 9 purpletile.png
    Level 4 : Disable the enemy skills for 2 turns and remove a maximum of 4 AP of a random color of the enemy team. / cost 8 purpletile.png
    Level 5 : Disable the enemy skills for 2 turns and remove a maximum of 5 AP of a random color of the enemy team. / cost 8 purpletile.png

BUT : this will disable only the active skills, passive skills will still be enabled.
    Also : This skill will remove AP only on colors where there are APs. A color which owns 0 AP won't nullified the effect if she's selected, it will just select one another color ; so this skill will always work, even if there is just 1 AP on the random selected color.

greenflag.pngTwo-hands Staff Mastery Passive (Staff / Rod / Stick ...? This could have different names)
    Desc : Gambit uses his Bojutsu to take advantage in close combat on the battlefield.
    Level 1 : Every greentile.png match gives him an advantage, creating a greentile.png strike tile somewhere on the board of a power of 10 but creates a redtile.png enemy attack tile of a power of 5. (50%)
    Level 2 : Every greentile.png match gives him an advantage, creating a greentile.png strike tile somewhere on the board of a power of 20 but creates a redtile.png enemy attack tile of a power of 8. (40%)
    Level 3 : Every greentile.png match gives him an advantage, creating a greentile.png strike tile somewhere on the board of a power of 40 but creates a redtile.png enemy attack tile of a power of 13. (30%)
    Level 4 : Every greentile.png match gives him an advantage, creating a greentile.png strike tile somewhere on the board of a power of 80 but creates a redtile.png enemy attack tile of a power of 20. (20%)
    Level 5 : Every greentile.png match gives him an advantage, creating a greentile.png strike tile somewhere on the board of a power of 160 but creates a redtile.png enemy attack tile of a power of 40. (10%+24)

Level 166 :
    Level 3 : maximum power of 100 (ally tile) and 33 (enemy tile ; 30%)
    Level 4 : maximum power of 200 (ally tile) and 40 (enemy tile ; 20%)
    Level 5 : maximum power of 400 (ally tile) and 64 (enemy tile ; 10%+24)

Explanation :

Color choice :
    Gambit is mostly known for his cards and his seductive charm and his metal staff.

So I chose redflag.png for the cards, since it's the "explosion" or "hit" color of some other chars in the game, but I think it would suit greenflag.png well too.
    So greenflag.png and redflag.png can be switched without any problem.
    I'm not quite sure of the damage for the redflag.png skill. It seems to be OK but I can't be sure without testing. Feel free to adapt as you wish.

It was then logical than "charm" would suit only to purpletile.png or blacktile.png , then I chose purpleflag.png since it really lacks of good purple ability 3* chars and green/red/black is already often used (Punisher, Hulk, Human Torch...).

Build ?
    Choice is yours. Classic build would be 5/5/3 (good damages, good substain, but low passive), but the passive isn't weak so you can consider 5/3/5 or 3/5/5 ... if you prefer dealing damages (5/3/5 ; good damages, low sustain, good passive) or use him as a support char (3/5/5 : low damages, good sustain, good passive). No bad choice I guess, but you have to carefully choose his mates according to the build you choose.

Teams ?
    For your passive, you need greentile.png, so Hulk would be a really nice mate, giving you a tank that provides you a good passive support.
    Old Black widow or Black Widow 3* can also help you a lot (I prefer the first one ; but then you will have two chars using purpletile.png , so be careful ; but the second one can be powerful at a high level) ; you can also use Iron man 40 since he doesn't use yellow himself.
    Thor would also be an excellent mate since you can use the yellowtile.png power of Thor to create green AND trigger your passive.
    He doesn't use yellowtile.pngbluetile.png and blacktile.png, it offers you some good possibilities like Black Panther, Spiderman, Daken 3*, The Hood, Psylocke...
  • Edit of the previous page on Iceman to add a second black possibility.

Another blackflag.pngIce wall
    Desc : Iceman creates an ice wall to protect his mates. He chooses a tile and converts the whole horizontal line into shield tiles.
    Level 1 : creates shield tiles, power of 11. / Cost 11 blacktile.png
    Level 2 : creates shield tiles, power of 13. / Cost 10 blacktile.png
    Level 3 : creates shield tiles, power of 15. / Cost 9 blacktile.png
    Level 4 : creates shield tiles, power of 18. / Cost 9 blacktile.png
    Level 5 : creates shield tiles, power of 22. / Cost 8 blacktile.png

Level 166 :
    Level 3 : shield tiles have a power of 32
    Level 4 : shield tiles have a power of 40
    Level 5 : shield tiles have a power of 52.

But : he can only convert basic tiles, which means he can't convert teamups tiles, countdowns, enemy shields/strike/attack, bubbles...
  • Still holding out hope for some Guardians of The Galaxy characters. Also would like to see Thanos, Silver Surfer, Apocalypse and the last one would be Winter Soldier. On another note, I had to restore my phone to factory setting and redownload puzzlequest n my progress n team isn't there. How do I get it back?
  • I'm glad we'll get devil dinosaur for a bit. But I've been hoping for Gambit/Cyclops for quite some time.
  • We really do need a new badass villain. Someone like Sinister(2 or 3*), Apocalypse(3*) or Thanos(so, so much 4*) should be added
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    We really do need a new badass villain. Someone like Sinister(2 or 3*), Apocalypse(3*) or Thanos(so, so much 4*) should be added

Iron Patriot isn't badass enough for you?
    icon_ironpatriot.png
    nov082324d.jpg
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Cyclops

Red 10ap (thinking dmg in Lcap red shield range)
    deal xdamage to target. Destroy a selected row dealing damage but not generating ap.
    deal x+25% damage to target. Destroy a selected row dealing damage but no ap.
    deal x+25% dmg to target. Destroy three rows dealing damage not generating ap.
    deal x+50% dmg to target. Destroy three rows dealing dmg but not generating ap.
    deal x +75% dmg to target. Destroy three rows dealing damage to whole team but not generating ap.

Blue 7ap (thinking dmg slightly above pun's molotov)
    deal xdmg to entire team. Select 2 basic tiles to destroy generating ap.
    deal x+10% dmg to entire team. Select 2 basic tiles to destroy generating ap.
    8ap. Deal x+10% dmg to entire team. Select 3 basic tiles to destroy generating ap.
    Deal x+25%dmg to entire team. Select 3 basic tiles to destroy generating ap.
    9ap Deal x+25% dmg to entire team. Select any 4 tiles to destroy generating ap.

Black passive (need an add red tile ability. We have blue green and yellow so far)
    When your team makes a black match change one TU tile to a basic red tile. Change 1 more for each additional 3black ap.
    When your team makes a black match change one random TU or strike tile to a basic red tile. Change 1 more for every 3black ap.
    When your team makes a black match change one random TU strike or protect tile to a basic red tile. Change 1 more for every 3 black ap.
    When your team makes a black match change one random TU strike protect or attack tile to red. Change 1 more for each additional 3black ap.
    On any black match change any non basic tile to red. Change 1 more for every 3 black ap.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Still holding out hope for some Guardians of The Galaxy characters. Also would like to see Thanos, Silver Surfer, Apocalypse and the last one would be Winter Soldier. On another note, I had to restore my phone to factory setting and redownload puzzlequest n my progress n team isn't there. How do I get it back?

Did you have it synced with Facebook? Just log in through Facebook and you'll have it back.
    If not, then you're out of luck :+[
  • ErikPeter
    This design was originally for a different original character, but I liked it a lot and realized it fits Nightcrawler pretty well.

Nightcrawler (Marvel NOW!)
    nightcrawler.jpg
      blueflag.pngTeleporter 9 Blue AP
      Nightcrawler's unpredictable fighting style keeps his foes off balance. Creates a trap tile which creates a blue protect tile of strength 140 when matched by either team. If the trap is destroyed, he counter-attacks instead, dealing 1500 damage.
      Level 2: Strength 180 Protect tile, or 1900 damage.
      Level 3: Creates 2 traps.
      Level 4: Traps create 2 Protect tiles of strength 120 when matched, or deal 2400 damage if destroyed.
      Level 5: 3100 damage.
        redflag.pngBamf! 6 Red AP
        Nightcrawler teleports behind his foe for a surprise attack, randomly destroying 1 tile and dealing 550 damage. If the tile destroyed was an enemy protect tile, his foe is caught off guard, dealing 2900 additional damage.
        Level 2: Also deals additional damage if an enemy countdown tile is destroyed.
        Level 3: Also deals additional damage if an enemy strike tile is destroyed.
        Level 4: Deals additional damage if any enemy special tile is destroyed.
        Level 5: Destroys 2 tiles.
          purpleflag.pngAcrobatics (Passive)
          Nightcrawler can dodge all but the most brutal attacks. If an attack would deal less than 5% of his current health, he instead takes no damage.
          Level 2: Less than 7%
          Level 3: Less than 10%
          Level 4: Less than 14%
          Level 5: Less than 20%

Damage values are maxed (level 166). He would have low-moderate HP (5950).

The idea was to create a scrappy, dodgy fighter who feels light but isn't as paper-thin as Daredevil. npxo Teleporter is decent active defense and punishes tile-destroying, which no one else currently does. Bamf! is a calculated risk that likely gets better later in the match, best versus spammers. Acrobatics makes him essentially immune to match damage until he's taken a bigger hit or two. And if you get a couple protect tiles out with Teleporter, it gets even better.

All of his powers are genuinely useful at 3 ranks but the choice of what to do with the next 4 covers isn't clear, which is another aspect I enjoy. 5 in blue makes you more likely to deal good damage, 5 in red is brutal against Hailstorm and other special-tile swarms, 5 in Purple means he'll shrug off even moderate damage attacks like Molotov or Intimidation. (At least until he gets hit with something better). I am proud of this spec because I want him right now, but he's not so crazy he would overshadow anyone. He would also be very potent against the AI.
        • Pwuz_
          star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
          Kingpin_Vol_1_7.jpg

Monopoly: purpleflag.png 12AP
          Kingpin uses his legitimate business connections to put his foes at a disadvantage. Creates a 3 turn countdown tile that depletes 75% of the opponents AP in a random color and destroys 6 tiles of that color as well. If the tile is destroyed before it goes off, depletes the enemy team's AP by 25% in 3 random colors.
          Upgrades:
          Level 2: Destroys 9 tiles and reduces opponents AP to Zero in a random color.
          Level 3: If the tile is destroyed, depletes the enemy team's AP by 25% in all colors.
          Level 4: Destroys all tiles of the color reduced.
          Level 5: Kingpin takes half of any AP depleted from the enemy team.

Underworld Connection blackflag.png 11AP
          Kingpin calls in a "favor," transforming all Strike tiles into Team-Up tiles.
          Upgrades:
          Level 2: Transforms all Strike tiles & Protect tiles into Team-Up tiles.
          Level 3: Transforms all Strike, Protect, & Attack tiles into Team-Up tiles.
          Level 4: Transforms all Special tiles into Team-Up tiles.
          Level 5: Transforms only enemy Special tiles into Team-Up tiles.

Suplex Slam: greenflag.png 10AP
          Kingpin takes matters into his own hands, launching his opponent into the board doing (x) damage & destroying a random 3x3 block of tiles. Does not generate AP.
          Upgrades:
          Level 2: Increased Damage.
          Level 3: Destroys a 4x4 block of tiles.
          Level 4: Increased Damage.
          Level 5: Kingpin launches his targeted opponent into their allies behind them. Doing (x) damage to the enemy team.
          (At max level, Suplex Slam should do roughly half as much damage as GSBW's Sniper Rifle.)
        • thbrown81
          thbrown81 Posts: 61 Match Maker
          Original X-Men like Cyclops and Jean Grey should really have cards. But more importantly, there should be a Spider Man card that doesn't SUCK!
        • ErikPeter
          Pwuz_ wrote:

It's probably best to err on the side of caution but this guy just isn't good enough.

Monopoly, especially, is overcomplex and pretty bad. I think Countdowns are a good thematic choice, I feel Kingpin should feel like one of those maggia bosses on steroids. 3-turn countowns usually get matched away; let's say it doesn't. Then, you destroy a bunch of tiles and get a bunch of AP, which is awesome, but we've already got that in X-Force's Surgical Strike which has the advantage of doing a billion damage (and not requiring a countdown). Sure, Surgery's arguably the best power in the game, but even if the similarities are unintentional it sure makes Monopoly look derivative and weak. The random color is a plus (so you can use it again quickly without waiting for the board to refill) but also a drawback.

How about a power that puts out "hood" countdowns that steal AP from the enemy team for a few turns? That way you could end up with some sick big drains, as a 4-star his AP steal should be superior to that of other characters. But the time delay would at least give the enemy team a chance to pop some powers or destroy the CDs to keep it from being completely bonkers.

Underworld Contracts is decent and situational; high-level play has plenty of special tiles and killing them is nice. Suplex Slam, also a decent, kind of boring power. I don't see anyone with a choice picking anything but 3/5/5 for this character. You might want to put the team damage earlier in Suplex to make it more of a choice (well, and completely overhaul Monopoly).
        • Pwuz_
          ErikPeter wrote:
          Pwuz_ wrote:

It's probably best to err on the side of caution but this guy just isn't good enough.

Monopoly, especially, is overcomplex and pretty bad. I think Countdowns are a good thematic choice, I feel Kingpin should feel like one of those maggia bosses on steroids. 3-turn countowns usually get matched away; let's say it doesn't. Then, you destroy a bunch of tiles and get a bunch of AP, which is awesome, but we've already got that in X-Force's Surgical Strike which has the advantage of doing a billion damage (and not requiring a countdown). Sure, Surgery's arguably the best power in the game, but even if the similarities are unintentional it sure makes Monopoly look derivative and weak. The random color is a plus (so you can use it again quickly without waiting for the board to refill) but also a drawback.

How about a power that puts out "hood" countdowns that steal AP from the enemy team for a few turns? That way you could end up with some sick big drains, as a 4-star his AP steal should be superior to that of other characters. But the time delay would at least give the enemy team a chance to pop some powers or destroy the CDs to keep it from being completely bonkers.

Underworld Contracts is decent and situational; high-level play has plenty of special tiles and killing them is nice. Suplex Slam, also a decent, kind of boring power. I don't see anyone with a choice picking anything but 3/5/5 for this character. You might want to put the team damage earlier in Suplex to make it more of a choice (well, and completely overhaul Monopoly).

The idea behind Monopoly wasn't so much for the AP steal as it was the AP denial. Like X-force, it has a serious draw-back for matching it away. The AP steal was simply an evolution of it and to make the 5th cover significantly better than 3 or 4 covers. Perhaps 12 AP is a little expensive for it as it is.

Underworld Connection I was thinking of as more of a way to generate as much TU as possible to bring in other extra abilities (pretty thematic of the Kingpin who rarely gets his hands dirty.) Though the biggest threat that these moves offer is in cascades and board shake up.

My original draft of Suplex Slam hit the character directly behind the target as well at level 4. Unfortunately the time it took me to write up everything and find the appropriate comic cover, the forums logged me out. When I went to preview everything, it tossed me to the log in screen, and I had to start over from scratch again. icon_mad.gif

Thanks for the feedback.
        • Pwuz_ wrote:
          :star:star.pngstar.pngstar.png Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
          Kingpin_Vol_1_7.jpg

icon_lol.gif you know something I was actually thinking a few days ago?

How cool it would be to have Kingpin as a 4 star character....

but his skillset would be to call on goons, hitmen and mob bosses... complete with AP auto generation based on skill level!

I haven't worked out specifics... but

redflag.png would increase the level of goon/hitman/mob boss + the number of countdown tiles used (max would be a combination of any two: sniper tile, covering fire, cooking the books, backroom deal)

greenflag.png would drop the number on the countdown tiles (max, countdown would be 3... cause going from 5 to 1 at max would be too much, especially with stuff like Sniper Rifle)

blackflag.png Would increase the level and color of AP autogeneration.

Cause, really. It's The Kingpin. Rarely would you catch him coming down from his ivory tower to fight.
        • also, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Juggernaut, with double the HP and who's able to level up to the same level as a 3 star, BUT who's green generates AP.

Maybe even add a blue skill.
        • I love the idea of a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Kingpin, and using Pwuz's moveset, go even further on the Team-Up route and make tutile.png his strongest "color." His moves seem weak, but if he has 4 tiles that he does increased damage with instead of 3, that would put a very different spin on his damage potential.

I would kind of like to see the proposed greenflag.png be affected by the amount of TU he has, similar to BP's Battleplan.
        • seekie
          seekie Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
          star.pngstar.pngstar.png
          Hatsune Miku
          MPQ feat. Hatsune Miku

pbOAZuT.png?1
          illustration by subaru01rins

greenflag.pngModule Requip
          POWER COST greentile.png 3
          Level 1: Module Moonlight Butterfly unlock
          Level 2: Module Noble unlock
          Level 3: Module Dark Angel unlock
          Level 4: Module Siren unlock
          Level 5: Module Orbit unlock
          Comment: Low-cost to encourage module switch for versatile play

cwHJdjr.png?1
          from project diva f-2nd

yellowflag.pngEncore!
          POWER COST yellowtile.png 0
          (PASSIVE)
          Level 1: 3% chance for a bonus turn if Miku is infront
          Level 2: 9% chance for a bonus turn if Miku is infront
          Level 3: 19% chance for a bonus turn if Miku is infront
          Level 4: 29% chance for a bonus turn if Miku is infront
          Level 5: 39% chance for a bonus turn if Miku is infront

redflag.png This Is My Melody
          Comment: Abilities activated will depend on current module equipped

Senbonzakura (Moonlight butterfly)
          POWER COST redtile.png 9
          Level 1: Clear all attack tiles on board, deal [x-y] damage to enemy team
          Level 2: Also clear all protect tiles on board, deal 2 x [x-y] damage to enemy team
          Level 3: Also clear all strike tiles on board, deal 3 x [x-y] damage to enemy team
          Level 4: Also clear all countdown tiles on board, deal 4 x [x-y] damage to enemy team
          Level 5: Clear all special tiles on the board, deal 5 x [x-y] damage to enemy team
          Comment: Semi-counter for special tiles generators like Daken, Bullseye and Sentry

Disappearance of Hatsune Miku (Noble)
          POWER COST yellowtile.png 9
          Level 1: Sacrifice Miku and revive one ally at 40% HP
          Level 2: Sacrifice Miku and revive one ally at 50% HP
          Level 3: Sacrifice Miku and revive both allies at 50% HP
          Level 4: Sacrifice Miku and revive both allies at 60% HP
          Level 5: Sacrifice Miku and revive both allies at 80% HP
          Comment: Situational move to turn the tide of the battle

Rotten Heresy and Chocolate (Dark Angel)
          POWER COST blacktile.png 9
          Level 1: Create 3-turn and 5-turn CD tile that stun enemy for 1 turn when activated
          Level 2: Create 2-turn and 4-turn CD tile that stun enemy for 1 turn when activated
          Level 3: Create 2-turn, 4-turn and 6-turn CD tile that stun enemy for 1 turn when activated
          Level 4: Create 1-turn, 3-turn and 5-turn CD tile that stun enemy for 1 turn when activated
          Level 5: Create 1-turn, 3-turn, 5-turn and 7-turn CD tile that stun enemy for 1 turn when activated
          Comment: Goons and lone-hero disabler

2D Dream Fever (Siren)
          POWER COST purpletile.png 0
          Level 1: Reflect attacker match damage if you have 9 purpletile.png or more but drain 3 purpletile.png
          Level 2: Reflect attacker match damage if you have 9 purpletile.png or more but drain 2 purpletile.png
          Level 3: Reflect attacker match damage if you have 9 purpletile.png or more but drain 1 purpletile.png
          Level 4: Reflect attacker match damage if you have 9 purpletile.png or more
          Level 5: Reflect attacker match damage x 1.5 if you have 9 purpletile.png or more
          Comment: Variant of protect + strike tiles. Does not reflect abilities damage.

StargazeR (Orbit)
          POWER COST bluetile.png 9
          Level 1: Create 2-turn CD tile that deal x damage. Replicate when activated.
          Level 2: Create 2-turn CD tile that deal y damage. Replicate when activated.
          Level 3: Create two 2-turn CD tile that deal y damage. Replicate when activated.
          Level 4: Create two 2-turn CD tile that deal y damage. Replicate when activated. Drain enemy AP when destroyed.
          Level 5: Create three 2-turn CD tile that deal y damage. Replicate when activated. Drain enemy AP when destroyed.
          Comment: Main damage dealer and disabler at high-level

Miku Miku Ni Shite Ageru (no module)
          POWER COST greentile.png 9
          Level 1: Miku dances and swing leeks furiously
          Level 2: Miku dances and swing leeks furiously with 1 Chibi Miku
          Level 3: Miku dances and swing leeks furiously with 2 Chibi Miku
          Level 4: Miku dances and swing leeks furiously with 3 Chibi Miku
          Level 5: Miku dances and swing leeks furiously with 4 Chibi Miku
          Comment: It does nothing really, a joke move that will only be executed by the dumb AI (lol tinykitty)
        • Would love to see Cable!