Anniversary Event (10/10-10/17)

Options
124»

Comments

• Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've consistently been finishing between 600-800 points per PVP prior to this week, so I thought I wouldn't get to 3000. Then I maxed my Sentry and managed to get 2220 points combined in the first two events. I'm down to 250 HP, so I'm hoping I can hit the 780 I need without shielding.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    I've consistently been finishing between 600-800 points per PVP prior to this week, so I thought I wouldn't get to 3000. Then I maxed my Sentry and managed to get 2220 points combined in the first two events. I'm down to 250 HP, so I'm hoping I can hit the 780 I need without shielding.
    In a normal PVP, max Sentry will definitely get you there. In BoP, Sentry matters less at those point values, since everyone's L270 regardless of real level, so your 2*s and unleveled 3*s get to shine, and you can shuffle through a lot of characters for more sustainability.
  • Yup, BOP is the only event that makes everyone literally equal. Even 1* can do well in this PVP. I really like it because it, for once, ensures that not only the strongest will win. Although this should not be the case everywhere, because the strongest have fought in order to be strong. I am pretty sure 3* rosters kind of hate this event icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I have given up on the 3000 total (I had 1900 going into BoP). I would rather play for the rewards in the Lightning Rounds then hope I can get 1100 without shielding in BoP.

I actually hate that they set the bar so high. If it was a reasonable number like 2100-2500, I would be playing BoP and going for the progression. This was supposed to be a party, not a shield hopping slugfest. I average probably around 800 a PvP, which I would like to think is pretty far above average. I have had no problems getting all the progression rewards in all the seasons, even with vacations, until now. This one as soon as I saw the total, I was like if the LRs don't count, it is not happening, and it seems I was right (even without waving the white flag).
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GuiltTrip wrote:
    I have given up on the 3000 total (I had 1900 going into BoP). I would rather play for the rewards in the Lightning Rounds then hope I can get 1100 without shielding in BoP.

I actually hate that they set the bar so high. If it was a reasonable number like 2100-2500, I would be playing BoP and going for the progression. This was supposed to be a party, not a shield hopping slugfest. I average probably around 800 a PvP, which I would like to think is pretty far above average. I have had no problems getting all the progression rewards in all the seasons, even with vacations, until now. This one as soon as I saw the total, I was like if the LRs don't count, it is not happening, and it seems I was right (even without waving the white flag).

I agree, I got my Deadpool cover...that's all I was going to be able to reach realistically. Since I don't have any 1* or 2* characters, I couldn't compete in Combined Arms.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GuiltTrip wrote:
    I have given up on the 3000 total (I had 1900 going into BoP). I would rather play for the rewards in the Lightning Rounds then hope I can get 1100 without shielding in BoP.

If you thought this week was a shield hopping slugfest just wait till Season 7 starts and Lady Thor is the prize!!! Remember before season 5 and 6 when we had a week off to recover from the season grind?
  • wymtime wrote:
    If you thought this week was a shield hopping slugfest just wait till Season 7 starts and Lady Thor is the prize!!! Remember before season 5 and 6 when we had a week off to recover from the season grind?

I don't shield hop in season, and I get the full season progressions. So I don't mind that.
  • These anniversary tokens just refuse to give me a green dinosaur. 6 Devil Dinos, all purple and red. Raaawwwwrrrr.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grizzlegom wrote:
    These anniversary tokens just refuse to give me a green dinosaur. 6 Devil Dinos, all purple and red. Raaawwwwrrrr.

I will trade you 2 of your red Dinos for my 3 IW covers from the anniversary pack!
  • Anyone need a falcon purple or hulk red? I keep pulling 2 stars and covers for already maxed characters. I'll trade ya since the RNG has given me no Dinos at all.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Grizzlegom wrote:
    These anniversary tokens just refuse to give me a green dinosaur. 6 Devil Dinos, all purple and red. Raaawwwwrrrr.

I will trade you 2 of your red Dinos for my 3 IW covers from the anniversary pack!

The sad thing is, at this rate, I'd probably do it. Don't have IW covered hardly at all but I've already sold multiple Dino covers :-/
  • Anyone need a falcon purple or hulk red? I keep pulling 2 stars and covers for already maxed characters. I'll trade ya since the RNG has given me no Dinos at all.

Somebody should make a thread where we pretend to trade covers, because we all want to do it so freakin' bad.

"I have 10 Daredevil purples for one Patch Green." <
    This person is NOT gonna get what they want.

Somebody should make a thread where we pretend to trade covers, because we all want to do it so freakin' bad.

"I have 10 Daredevil purples for one Patch Green." <
    This person is NOT gonna get what they want.

I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. 5000 ISO vs. 500 ISO? EASY.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Traded covers would no longer have any ISO value, DUH. Get with the fictional program, Ben.

"Why would you ever trade more than 5 covers of something, then?" SHUT UP, THAT'S WHY.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

Traded covers would no longer have any ISO value, DUH. Get with the fictional program, Ben.

"Why would you ever trade more than 6 covers of something, then?" SHUT UP, THAT'S WHY.

Actually, the fictional program says the less a cover is used, the more ISO it's worth. Those purple Daredevils are worth a cool million ISO each.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

Actually, the fictional program says the less a cover is used, the more ISO it's worth. Those purple Daredevils are worth a cool million ISO each.

There is no way, in this fictional auction-house/bartering system, that purple Daredevils are going to be worth anything. They'll be the Stones of Jordan of this new economy.

Edit: I guess that means they ARE worth something - but it'd be, like, a dollar. They're the nickel of the new cover currency.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Edit: I guess that means they ARE worth something - but it'd be, like, a dollar. They're the nickel of the new cover currency.
    This whole thread is worth, like, two Daredevils. icon_e_smile.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Grizzlegom wrote:
    At least you got some Dinos out of yours icon_evil.gif

Best I managed was a Colossus.