Characters / team that's great in both Att / def?

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Having gone thought alot of rounds and gaming session for MQP.

Anyone feel that is there a team that can play both defend and attack without getting much losing points while keep gaining your pts through events?
I feel that with a pairing of Spidy / Rag - they definitely look solid in term of both Attack and Def, since their ap costs is damn freaky low and ability wise. They can both deal serious damage while healing. (Even though they are only able to do it once, BUT the chain of Rag Green & Red ability that annoyed me at times...)

Any characters that pair with them will max their potential?

I don't have much 3* characters that I can play with. (Only maxed IM40 - pairing with Thor / Wolve) icon_redface.gif

So anyone here got their preferred team that can work both attack / def?
Any suggestion will be good, since current game play is abit low..same event nothing new..Will be good that we can aim certain things in the games.
I do really hope to test out with both spidy / Rag in maxed - provide I got the luck to get them.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, those 2. For a 3rd, maybe Hulk? IIRC he has almost 10k HP when maxed, and his black can cause some serious problems if you don't pay attention
  • Yup, I agreed but in term of ability wise - I guess hulk is not that useful BUT definitely look scary to play against them.
    I guess his color gems well with Rag / Spidy - full color color without getting kill fast. icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif

No more suggestion? Or worry that people will learn and use your dream team. icon_twisted.gif
  • When you say 'defense' do you mean when other teams face you (and the Ai plays on your behalf)? Or avoiding damage while you are facing others?

The way this game is set up, there is no real defense when the AI is playing as you. It's too dumb and the ability for the attacking team to use boosts make it irrelevant.

So, as they say 'speed kills'. You want to field the team that can kill quicker than everyone else and not take damage in the process.

--- // ---

I'm still a little bit away, but my ideal team (in my head) is Rag/Hulk/Grey Widow. All three can generate green tiles (via different colored powers) and all three have Green attacks that can hit in different ways. Grey Widow's is particularly devestating at 3000 HP to all enemies when at max. It's fairly easy to get there if you have Rag/Hulk/her purple ability flooding the field with greens. They can 'turn over' the board with their attacks also.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    When you say 'defense' do you mean when other teams face you (and the Ai plays on your behalf)? Or avoiding damage while you are facing others?

The way this game is set up, there is no real defense when the AI is playing as you. It's too dumb and the ability for the attacking team to use boosts make it irrelevant.

So, as they say 'speed kills'. You want to field the team that can kill quicker than everyone else and not take damage in the process.

--- // ---

I'm still a little bit away, but my ideal team (in my head) is Rag/Hulk/Grey Widow. All three can generate green tiles (via different colored powers) and all three have Green attacks that can hit in different ways. Grey Widow's is particularly devestating at 3000 HP to all enemies when at max. It's fairly easy to get there if you have Rag/Hulk/her purple ability flooding the field with greens. They can 'turn over' the board with their attacks also.

Solid advice. Speed kills in this game and low usage powers really go a long way. I think another point is teams geared for events. Of course boosted characters is nice but I've found that a team of Rags/Mags/Punisher is pretty effective at killing opponents with out taking a lot of damage if any. Of course you need an alt character for fights where you play against Rags.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    When you say 'defense' do you mean when other teams face you (and the Ai plays on your behalf)? Or avoiding damage while you are facing others?

--- // ---

Yup, as in AI plays on our behalf and I notice to avoid people targeting you - it's better to have low ap cost in the team so that they have to choose wisely against you.
    I notice that with the team of Daken / Bulleyes + 3rd characters, they are quite difficult to beat or should I say it's annoying to play against them. icon_mad.gif

I just play a round in hulk mission where there's both daken / bulleyes + hulk, all of them are level 65. Definitely with boosts, it's easy to beat but to play with no boosts - you really need to see who do you target first and kill them fast if not more passive tiles is with them, it's gotten be difficult to kill. (Perhaps my characters is not strong enough - punisher L64, Thor and Wovle Max L)

If only those 2* characters able to increase their level cap, it will be fun to watch. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit
    Options
    sparksue wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

--- // ---

Yup, as in AI plays on our behalf and I notice to avoid people targeting you - it's better to have low ap cost in the team so that they have to choose wisely against you.
    I notice that with the team of Daken / Bulleyes + 3rd characters, they are quite difficult to beat or should I say it's annoying to play against them. icon_mad.gif

I just play a round in hulk mission where there's both daken / bulleyes + hulk, all of them are level 65. Definitely with boosts, it's easy to beat but to play with no boosts - you really need to see who do you target first and kill them fast if not more passive tiles is with them, it's gotten be difficult to kill. (Perhaps my characters is not strong enough - punisher L64, Thor and Wovle Max L)

If only those 2* characters able to increase their level cap, it will be fun to watch. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    You shouldn't be having any problems with bullseye with a maxed wolvie, a couple of his strike tiles make all those protect tiles meaningless
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    Yeah, but with Daken on the opposing team alongside Bullseye, matching green to get AP to make strike tiles with just means that the opposing team gets strike tiles too. :(
  • Spoit wrote:
    You shouldn't be having any problems with bullseye with a maxed wolvie, a couple of his strike tiles make all those protect tiles meaningless

Yup, the issue is that by matching the green tiles - it's give Daken to create 2 red tiles which in turn take serious damage for me if I couldn't get rid of their red (Which it did in certain rounds, giving them a turn of damaging 700-900 per hits.)
    It's tough to play against them if they were given same level cap other L85 characters. And with Bulleyes purple tiles - his defensive tiles is higher compare to a L65 Bulleyes.
  • If you have Wolverine, don't worry about the green matches because your 1 tile is as good as two of theirs and you also have regeneration.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    If you have Wolverine, don't worry about the green matches because your 1 tile is as good as two of theirs and you also have regeneration.
    I think he means that the daken tiles eat up all the reds, not leaving any for him to put strike tiles on?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    If you have Wolverine, don't worry about the green matches because your 1 tile is as good as two of theirs and you also have regeneration.
    I think he means that the daken tiles eat up all the reds, not leaving any for him to put strike tiles on?

Sure, but every red strike tile you get is as strong as 2 of Daken's strike tile, so unless there are exactly only 1 or 2 red tiles left, you're getting an equal value in terms of strike tiles even if you have 0 red AP. Feral Claws does nontrivial damage too. It's not like the AI will just leave the green alone if you don't match it, so you might as well take the initiative. Now if the AI denied you green throughout and you can't get rid of the strike tiles, that implies they have you dominated on green and red, which are probably the strongest color in the game, so of course you'd have a rough time. You really can't just give up green because the other team has Daken, unless you're absolutely sure you can get red back by giving up green.
  • I know that, personally, when Daken is in play, it does make me think twice about making green matches. And it's not like Daken makes the team harder to beat, but it does make you lose more resources in getting the win. There are just softer targets out there that won't hit back so hard, and that can be important if you are making a big push.It won't dissuade the Big Boys (people with maxed rag/mag/spidey or other big hitters, which won't balk at any target, really), but it will dissuade some.