Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    All Widows have a 100% boost

OBW Espionage extra damage also gets boosted

If I can get my last black OBW cover... so much asskicking
  • Kelbris wrote:
    All Widows have a 100% boost

OBW Espionage extra damage also gets boosted

If I can get my last black OBW cover... so much asskicking

Took her for a spin and rather pleased. Definitely want to get her levelled up more. Not strong enough to join my normal lineup, but a good secondary character for sure.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The heroic token is really bad in this tournament since you can get modern BW from it.

Noticed that as well when I cashed in the token for getting to 250 points and got a Black Widow Modern.
    It's annoying that it shows a heroic token but gives 1* Black Widow.
    Was really hoping to snag a Black Widow grey suit green cover as I only have one of those at the moment.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The heroic token is really bad in this tournament since you can get modern BW from it.
    It would be nice if they let people in the prologue take it as one of their forced tokens.
  • Got the heroic token ... modern BW of course .

- Once the first Tournament ends, the second will begin automatically.

UGH 4 days+ of this? 2 Days+ per round is way way too long.
  • Well, at least I'll be maxing OBW blue out of this. That's about the only good thing I can say about this tourney. I was so close to buying that ten pack until I read you can get one star widow.. what a rip! Has anyone bought one yet?
  • BLACK WIDOW MODERN FOR A HEROIC TOKEN?

DOGE
    DAMMIT
  • Oh man! On the Standard first token i got a Red GWBS! Now mine is level 18 icon_e_biggrin.gif

But the Heroic token(250) i got one Modern Widow k
  • Phantron wrote:

Yeah... just found out the hard way icon_cry.gif
    Horrible, horrible tournament with horrible rewards, hope they don't run this twice. Gonna tank this no doubt... my bagman-bagwoman combo is already out, go get your free points till they are worth something icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Yeah this is a tanker for me, this is a really weird choice for a tournament.

At least I can enjoy New Years Eve without worrying about my ranking!
  • It's a great tournament for newbies. I'll probably be part of the crowd tanking it. I only need blue covers for my IM40, and not sure it's worth it to try and snag one here.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    It's a great tournament for newbies. I'll probably be part of the crowd tanking it. I only need blue covers for my IM40, and not sure it's worth it to try and snag one here.

I'm also short of 2 blue covers as well to max my IM40 (with a 5/5/3 build). Hoping to make it to the top though! icon_e_smile.gif
  • I like this event. Had a rough start using modern widow, but decided to give Original Widow a try...she is amazing icon_e_surprised.gif . With her boosted healing, i can keep going on and on, no need to wait for the healthpacks.

I find this a great opportunity to try finishing my 2 star wolverine , especially if it will be run two times.
    This round may prove a bit difficult to get the 3 cover wolverine rewards, because i've been attacking low score players icon_redface.gif and i get retaliated heavily.

Good luck everyone.
  • Yup - Gonna push to 400 and then let it go. Doesn't feel right pushing out someone who needs IM40 or Wolvie just for IW. With so many of the Hulk events needing strong teams to beat, it's good to see events to help newer players build up their teams. Without an influx of new players having fun and progressing to the midgame, the game dries up and we all lose out.
  • I would absolutely love this event if the rewards were anything I needed. OBW has become one of my favorites and with level 85, 5 black, and a boost she does killer damage. Throw in wolvies strike tiles and watch out! But alas I will climb to 400 for the hp and then tank and farm iso as I please
  • I'm never going to pull or eearn Red Rag/Blue Spidey covers, so I need to scrounge all the HP I can get to buy them. I'll be trying to place as high as possible.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Yup - Gonna push to 400 and then let it go. Doesn't feel right pushing out someone who needs IM40 or Wolvie just for IW. With so many of the Hulk events needing strong teams to beat, it's good to see events to help newer players build up their teams. Without an influx of new players having fun and progressing to the midgame, the game dries up and we all lose out.

This. It's a really good thing every once in a while. But maybe for a weekend tournament? Playing it for so long is a little strange.
  • Another nice thing about OBW I just realized is that the strike tile damage gets factored in twice if you max her black. You get the strike tiles added to the match damage and then again with the extra damage from her passive. Her passive acts kind of like attack tile damage. Man I love me some fishnets!
  • Misguided wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    I think what I'll end up doing, is I'll climb up to 500-600, tank, and then when I'm down to >200, retaliate against all the non-forumgoers

If you're on the forum, FREE POINTS! Plus I'll keep my MMR low and get a buttload of easy ISO.

Yeah, I might do that too. Good idea.

If lets say 3 people will fight with you will see retaliation marks in all three widow places so you will be forced to retaliate with all three widow teams, so retaliate is harder then normal icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Polkio wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    I think what I'll end up doing, is I'll climb up to 500-600, tank, and then when I'm down to >200, retaliate against all the non-forumgoers

If you're on the forum, FREE POINTS! Plus I'll keep my MMR low and get a buttload of easy ISO.

Yeah, I might do that too. Good idea.

If lets say 3 people will fight with you will see retaliation marks in all three widow places so you will be forced to retaliate with all three widow teams, so retaliate is harder then normal icon_e_smile.gif

That's an interesting point. I'll have to forfeit some really juicy retaliations if they come up in the Modern Widow spot (both because it would be a tougher fight and I also don't want that team of mine to be the one exposed for attacks.)