Widow Maker

DirigiblePilot
DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
New Tournament! Each of the three circles requires a different Widow- cover pack has all three available!
To clarify, it's still PvP, but doing a round requires that one of the three Widows be in your team, but other characters can participate too! And of course, all of the Widows are buffed. Knew they'd do something like this eventually.

Progression Rewards:
25- Standard Recruit Token
50- 500 ISO-8
100- Standard Recruit Token
175- 250 ISO-8
250- Recruit Token (Black Widow)
325- Black Widow Original Blue Cover
400- 50 HP
500- 500 ISO-8
600- Purple OBW
700- 500 ISO-8
800- Recruit Token (Black Widow)
900- 1000 ISO-8
1000- 100 HP
1100- GSBW Green
1200- 1000 ISO-8
1300- GSBW Green
1400- Wolverine X-Force Yellow

Ranking Rewards:
1: Yellow IW
2-4: IM40 Yellow, Blue, Red
5-8: IM40 Blue, Red
9-20: IM40 Red
21-50: Wolverine (2*) Green, Red, Yellow
51-100: Wolverine (2*) Red, Yellow
101-175: Wolverine (2*) Yellow
176-250: Standard Recruit x3
251-350: Standard Recruit x2
351-450: Standard Recruit
451-500: 250 ISO-8

Comments

• I dunno which one to play. m.Widow would be the easiest to farm, but mines only lvl10 and I don't feel like levelling her. Hopefully there'll be a bunch of lvl15 g.Widows.
  • DirigiblePilot
    At least, it looks like PvP. But maybe it's PvE with teams that resemble players' teams? I can't tell yet!
  • I dunno which one to play. m.Widow would be the easiest to farm, but mines only lvl10 and I don't feel like levelling her. Hopefully there'll be a bunch of lvl15 g.Widows.
    If the last tourney is any indication, there will be very few l15 gs'.
  • If Widow cover and Environment stay tied to the same bubbles, that would mean you choose between:

Jungle and OBW
    Tech and MBW
    City and GSBW
  • Nevermind lol
  • DirigiblePilot
    Ok, yeah, it's PvP. And that observation about the environment and the Widows appears to be right. When I first saw this, I kinda thought we were actually going to be allowed to have multiple copies of Widow on the same team... oh well!
  • When I click the circle with Modern Widow, it gives me a team with Original Widow. When I click Original Widow it gives me a team with Modern.

Anyone else have this?
  • I for one am shocked a brand new ****Black Widow character is not the reward for first place icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I'll skip this, those poor rewards are meant for new players.
  • DirigiblePilot
    Here's what I'm a little disappointed about, though: playing (for example) the Original Widow does NOT only pit you against teams with OW. It just sets you against a team with any Widow. But still, this tournament is pretty cool. My Modern Widow now has more health than my IM35- not something I'd ever expected to see! icon_eek.gif

EDIT:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    When I click the circle with Modern Widow, it gives me a team with Original Widow. When I click Original Widow it gives me a team with Modern.

Anyone else have this?

Yeah, didn't see this when I posted.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Maxed out my IM40 the way I want him (5/5/3)

Maxed out my Wolvie the way I want him (5/3/5)

I'm getting the progs and tanking. HARD. Thank goodness I have a level 1 MBW to tank with!
  • Kelbris
    Toxicadam wrote:
    When I click the circle with Modern Widow, it gives me a team with Original Widow. When I click Original Widow it gives me a team with Modern.

Anyone else have this?

If you mean you're fighting against teams with a different Widow than the one you're required to use, it's intended. It worked like that in the Double Shot tournament (Hawkeye/Bullseye) that took place over Thanksgiving weekend.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Anyone else have this?

If you mean you're fighting against teams with a different Widow than the one you're required to use, it's intended. It worked like that in the Double Shot tournament (Hawkeye/Bullseye) that took place over Thanksgiving weekend.

I imagine it's done this way so they don't have to rework the code which sets your defending team.
  • Here's what I'm a little disappointed about, though: playing (for example) the Original Widow does NOT only pit you against teams with OW. It just sets you against a team with any Widow.
    Was gonna point out the same thing. Kind of disappointing. It's not really Widow v. Widow. It's Widow v. any other Widow.
  • Ooh, I'm gonna pass on this. I will just get high enough to get my Wolvie covers.
  • It would be fun to have an excuse to use OBW, but the only reward that would be of any use is IW, and I'd rather not take away IM40 covers om people that could use them just for that.
  • DirigiblePilot
    Misguided wrote:
    It would be fun to have an excuse to use OBW, but the only reward that would be of any use is IW, and I'd rather not take away IM40 covers om people that could use them just for that.

Yeah, people like me icon_lol.gif I am one of the few people who will actually try hard in this tournament, because I have very few covers for Wolverine and don't even have IM40 at all. Buffed OBW can heal A LOT of damage, so I'm going to be fighting in the forest, it seems!
  • Kelbris
    I think what I'll end up doing, is I'll climb up to 500-600, tank, and then when I'm down to >200, retaliate against all the non-forumgoers

If you're on the forum, FREE POINTS! Plus I'll keep my MMR low and get a buttload of easy ISO.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    I think what I'll end up doing, is I'll climb up to 500-600, tank, and then when I'm down to >200, retaliate against all the non-forumgoers

If you're on the forum, FREE POINTS! Plus I'll keep my MMR low and get a buttload of easy ISO.

Yeah, I might do that too. Good idea.
  • The heroic token is really bad in this tournament since you can get modern BW from it.