Best Active Abilities by Colour - Blue. RESULTS IN

2»

Comments

• Storms Wind Storm ability is the best blue.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Cap was my first maxed 3*, and his blue has saved me many times. I usually run him with Hood, so the countdown gets reduced to the same length as the stun with Intimidate. In high level PVE matches with two goons feeding people like Juggs, a well timed blue will cause the AI to cast the goon CD ability instead of the actual damaging ability. Plus no match damage after that first CD is great.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, don't underestimate the strength of Lcap's blue protect.png, just one of them is enough to block pretty much all match damage. Also, it's the closest we have now to being able to "stun lock" a single opponent (only being able to move 1 out of every 3 turns is...not very much)

The closest we have to stun lock a single character is still Spidey. With 10 blueflag.png AP you have 3 turns to find another 5 AP to stun for three more turns more and so on. That is only one more blueflag.png match that what Cap needs to keep his blue going.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Finally, Projectiles overtook Chemical Reaction.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, don't underestimate the strength of Lcap's blue protect.png, just one of them is enough to block pretty much all match damage. Also, it's the closest we have now to being able to "stun lock" a single opponent (only being able to move 1 out of every 3 turns is...not very much)

The closest we have to stun lock a single character is still Spidey. With 10 blueflag.png AP you have 3 turns to find another 5 AP to stun for three more turns more and so on. That is only one more blueflag.png match that what Cap needs to keep his blue going.
    Well, unless you get to 24 blue for 2 simultaneous casts (which....you almost kind of do to establish the 3 web.pngs in the first place), the 'cycles' for each are both 3 turns, where you need 2 blue for cap, or 5 for spidey. Which is an average of 0.66 AP a turn compared to 1.66. I.e. in order to maintain spidey's stun you need more than half your matches to be blues!
  • Pylgrim
    Spoit wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Well, unless you get to 24 blue for 2 simultaneous casts (which....you almost kind of do to establish the 3 web.pngs in the first place), the 'cycles' for each are both 3 turns, where you need 2 blue for cap, or 5 for spidey. Which is an average of 0.66 AP a turn compared to 1.66. I.e. in order to maintain spidey's stun you need more than half your matches to be blues!

You only need 10 AP to get the ball rolling with Spidey; those 10 AP give you your first 3 turns of stun as well and ensure your next ATU will cause another 3-turn stun. Sure, it forces you into more blue matches afterwards to keep it up, but I have hardly needed to keep the thing going for too long before that character is dead.
  • Red Panda wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Wind Storm is also my 3rd vote. That one skill carries you through so much of 1*-3* transition land, especially after you get MNMags.

I often wish Mohawk Storm had a version of Windstorm

Hell allow cStorm to go all the way up to 166 and she'd be one of the best characters in the game
  • Spoit
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

You only need 10 AP to get the ball rolling with Spidey; those 10 AP give you your first 3 turns of stun as well and ensure your next ATU will cause another 3-turn stun. Sure, it forces you into more blue matches afterwards to keep it up, but I have hardly needed to keep the thing going for too long before that character is dead.
    I tried doing a stun lock during the 395 thor a few PvEs ago. The board was pretty well scoured of all blue well before I hit the 3rd ATU. (The purple defense tiles were pretty indispensable at making the match damage managable though)
  • Pylgrim
    Time for some results!

1. Demolition (Nick Fury) 91
    2. Peacemaker (Captain America) 64
    3. Magnetized Projectiles (Magneto) 57
    4. Chemical Reaction (Daken) 53

5. Technopathic Strike (Dr. Doom) 12
    6. All Tied Up (Spider-Man) 5
    7. Ballistic Salvo (Iron Man M40) 4

8. Defense Grid (Black Panther) 2
    9. Manipulation (Doc Ock) 2
    10. Bewilder (Psylocke) 1
    11. Settlement (She-Hulk) 1
    12. Force Bubbles (Invisible Woman) 0
    13. Mutagenic Breakthrough (Beast) 0
    14. Equalizer (Daredevil) 0

A landslide victory, followed by three strong powers, then 3 powers that are useful under the right conditions and a ton of powers that players would only activate if they accidentally managed to gather enough blue ap and it's just sitting there, ready to be used.
  • Spoit
    I wonder what the 4 people who voted for im40 were thinking. It's the most expensive power In the game. And only marginally more powerful than cstorm'a at half the cost
  • No comparison. I'd rather cast Wind Storm twice, and stun enemies twice, particularly when the enemy has a CotS or Rage of the Panther lined up. I'm guessing people clicked on the wrong box when trying to vote for
    So is Wind Storm unofficial 5th? In PVEs where she's boosted, you can sometimes see random players climbing to top 10 purely on the strength of CStorm.

Thinking about it more, Wind Storm has saved my **** more times than I can count: Enemy MightyThor about to CotS? Quick, Wind Storm him! AI uses 2 Feral claws with 0 redtile.png. icon_twisted.gif
    Enemy BP has Rage of the Panther ready! Quick, Wind Storm him! Enemy Hood uses Intimidate instead icon_lol.gif