Season VI - Predator and Prey - 6 - 8 Oct

13»

Comments

• Following up on what I said earlier, Starfall is now listed on the Versus tab, so that should be a fun, non-hellish event that nobody will get really sick of really quickly.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    I'm shielding now - these 4AM finishes blow.

Thanks for the free points Jozier icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Following up on what I said earlier, Starfall is now listed on the Versus tab, so that should be a fun, non-hellish event that nobody will get really sick of really quickly.

The only thing better than Sentry bombing is mandated Sentry bombing.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Following up on what I said earlier, Starfall is now listed on the Versus tab, so that should be a fun, non-hellish event that nobody will get really sick of really quickly.

On the other hand, get ready for a bunch of defensive wins when your AI self gets an opening cascade that feeds Sacrifice/Supernova!
  • So, I'm in #5 spot with just over 1100 points, 200 points ahead of #6 last time I checked. I really hope I don't have to shieldhop anymore to maintain #5, 450HP worth of shields and a bunch +Alls and good TUs were used in getting to this point...
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    edited October 2014
    Almost made it to 400 for the first time this PvP (at 370 right now, with a winnable 25 point node waiting for me to attempt later)! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I'm still ~750 off the 10 pack for the season, which I doubt I can reach. I'd need to reach 400 for sure in Starfall AND somehow grind from 900 to 1200 in the sim. Possible, but I doubt I can reach 1200 in the sim. Might as well give it a shot though!

EDIT: Woop, got above 400 - not enough for top 100 in my **** bracket still, but at least it means I'm closer to 4k season total.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Tis good news for me icon_mrgreen.gif

I can go shopping now before markets are closed for the night icon_lol.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    WUg2u3L.jpg
    Jesus, that was a crazy PvP. My goal was #1 and I achieved it. Had to spend $10 on HP to get there (dropped to 0HP twice during final hours) but I did it.

Special thanks to Loxely21 of 5DeadlyPoisons for your generosity in points at the end that kept me above #2.

Edit: New PvP record that I hope to never have to hit again.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if I got a death bracket or what, but those last few hours were murderous. Shielded for the duration at #53, fell to #89 when all was said and done.
  • kalirion wrote:
    So, I'm in #5 spot with just over 1100 points, 200 points ahead of #6 last time I checked. I really hope I don't have to shieldhop anymore to maintain #5, 450HP worth of shields and a bunch +Alls and good TUs were used in getting to this point...

I had a nice easy one this time. Climbed into 5 with only spending 2 +alls as I had to finish the last match fast to beat the time limit. Bubble made my climb to 1K look pathetic however by making it to 1277 with no shields.
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I don't know if I got a death bracket or what, but those last few hours were murderous. Shielded for the duration at #53, fell to #89 when all was said and done.
    same stuff... barely got top100 just to help my alliance (don't need Sentry green) didn't shield though (shielding for top100 it's a waste of HP for me). but I'm already getting tired of this. Seems like game is fun only for 166 guys and everyone else just a fuel to feed their insane pushes. Is it really needed to go 1600 and more? Hope developers will do something in upcoming season, otherwise this policy will just drive off everyone except veterans (or may be it's already happened? icon_twisted.gif ).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    WUg2u3L.jpg
    Jesus, that was a crazy PvP. My goal was #1 and I achieved it. Had to spend $10 on HP to get there (dropped to 0HP twice during final hours) but I did it.

Special thanks to Loxely21 of 5DeadlyPoisons for your generosity in points at the end that kept me above #2.

Edit: New PvP record that I hope to never have to hit again.

Congratulations nice job!!!
  • At about the t-minus 6 hours mark, I got up to about 640, didn't shield, and didn't get attacked once again. Same as last Wednesday. Good for top 50, which is only 500 ISO different than top 25. I think I have a new viable strategy for the Monday-Wednesday PVP.
  • qduWLMwl.png

Finally something to show, my first 1300+ score... Too bad the bracket was insane.

With 3 hours to go I foolishly thought I could compete for first, I was at 1200, C101nguyen at 1394, but the he started climbing... When 1390 points are barely enough for top 5 you're just happy to be there. And after all one Fury + one yellow Sentry for 550HP is a good tradeoff
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kappei wrote:
    qduWLMwl.png

Finally something to show, my first 1300+ score... Too bad the bracket was insane.

With 3 hours to go I foolishly thought I could compete for first, I was at 1200, C101nguyen at 1394, but the he started climbing... When 1390 points are barely enough for top 5 you're just happy to be there. And after all one Fury + one yellow Sentry for 550HP is a good tradeoff
    Yeah, that was the worst bracket I've had all season, talk about deathly.
    There were also people like Arrogant lurking below T10.
    Had to make a run from 750+ to 1148 in the last 30 minutes, surprised I even made T10 with that - unshielded, too.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Kappei wrote:

Yeah, that was the worst bracket I've had all season, talk about deathly.
    There were also people like Arrogant lurking below T10.
    Had to make a run from 750+ to 1148 in the last 30 minutes, surprised I even made T10 with that - unshielded, too.
    Man, I wish I could have your brackets then. During the doc ock release pve, I had one where top 10 was like 1350, and people were saying there were even worse ones out there