** Daken (Dark Avengers) **

Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    According to the release notes, Daken's Black at level 4 should be "7 Blue tiles to avoid “Heat”", but I am rebuilding mine at his Black is on level 3 and he has this ability already, but my level 4 says "Heal 5% per turn" (which according to the notes, I should have already). This fits perfectly with the old version though.

Something doesn't seem right here...
  • falsep77 wrote:
    I havent had a single blue drop. its kinda frustrating. icon_mad.gif
    There's a Blue Daken cover at 500 progression in the latest PVP, First Avenger.
  • daibar wrote:
    falsep77 wrote:
    I havent had a single blue drop. its kinda frustrating. icon_mad.gif
    There's a Blue Daken cover at 500 progression in the latest PVP, First Avenger.

I would see this after totally ignoring the event.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    The color order in the best build poll is messed up. I accidentally voted for 5/3/5 when I meant to vote for 3/5/5 because purple and black are reversed.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Nonce said he did that intentionally, on the hope that (someday) tile color strength order will match ability order.
  • His best build will heavily depend on setup. As only strike tile generator, going 3 bluetile.png should be enough, you won't have more than 2 strike.png usually anyway.
    With Wolvie however it would be silly not to 5 bluetile.png, that 2k spike damage is really nice. I'm using this team now over Ares/oBW in pvp for farming lower ranks and it's suprisingly decent at keeping itself alive and not that slow either (just do not try against goons).
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Having a lot of fun running boosted Daken in this PVE. Creating more green for Ares to wallop everyone into oblivion, marvellous icon_e_surprised.gif
  • I run him 3/5/5 with Thor, and Thunder Strike really helps make a bunch of Strike tiles. The difference between 3 purpletile.png and 5 purpletile.png is so low, I'd rather have that big chunk of damage to help finish off a tanky character after Thor's Call the Storm.

And even without Thor, it's not that hard to get 3+ strike.png on the board.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been thinking about this a lot.

My gameplay style is more toward "I like consistent damage so 5 Purple / he's gotta heal like everyone else anyway and he is still faster so not so fussed Black / I'd prefer strike tiles stay on the board Blue".

Just putting some covers on him now and 3 to 4 Black is from 4% to 5% health, so that might be useful, but 4 to 5 Black is the reduction of 1 blue tile to avoid % loss. Since something has to give and as nice as it would be, this doesn't seem SO vital - I am not going to start counting blues on the board.

Were blue an ability I would choose to use more, it does seem 5 is more useful than not.

So, the professional analysis was right overall... given Blue is best at 5, if you are going to heal anyway Black at 4 gives you a boost from 3 and as much as I want 5 Purple, it's a toss up between a little more damage (4/4/5) and a little more health (3/5/5).

Given I want 5 Purple, I am going to see how 4/4/5 goes. Seems to be a reasonable balance between everything.
  • Nivrax wrote:
    His best build will heavily depend on setup. As only strike tile generator, going 3 bluetile.png should be enough, you won't have more than 2 strike.png usually anyway.
    With Wolvie however it would be silly not to 5 bluetile.png, that 2k spike damage is really nice. I'm using this team now over Ares/oBW in pvp for farming lower ranks and it's suprisingly decent at keeping itself alive and not that slow either (just do not try against goons).
    With both Ock and Daken boosted in this PVE, I'm wrecking almost everything with Doc's black + strike tiles. I agree they're not quite strong enough against goons. Despite true healing, Cap/OBW/MStorm are still way better for goons.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Finally got my 4th blue cover, so I had a chance to test 5/4/4.

I hate it.

I love the boosted blue damage for sure, raising his damage potential by ~400. I think I'm definitely going to go 5 on it. But having 4 black makes his healing a lot more inconsistent than I expected, especially since you match blue more often due to its value going up.

For now, I'm planning on testing 3/5/5 as the potential optimal build, maybe 4/5/4. But for me, 5 black definitely feels like a must.
  • 5 blue AP chemical reaction is so cheap and deals damage in par with 250+ X-Force (depends on strike tiles on board 3.5K-4K!).
    On "Unstable ISO-8" PVE, lot of thirtyhundredfuckinfive daken nodes. And only luck can beat those nodes.
    This is annoying because PVE should be easier than PVP for it not requires top roster in able to compete, requires only time and grinding mentality,lol.
    Well this post kinda late and quite similar with others regarding pve scalling, but hell, "whoever has ears, let them hears" icon_lol.gif
  • I literally only play the essential nodes.

All the normal nodes are too hard to be worth the points they give you.
  • onimus wrote:
    I literally only play the essential nodes.

All the normal nodes are too hard to be worth the points they give you.

Agree, but on "Unstable ISO-8" all nodes just pops. So no other option but to grind em all to get max score. And those hard nodes provide bigger points then essentials.
    So roster based scalling takes me out of competition, which is rare icon_lol.gif
    395 daken is the other side of coins, lot of plyr ask 3rd skill of 2* daken but forgot that on PVE we face dark avengers(except DPvsMPQ)+goons+roster based scalling.icon_e_wink.gif
    So careful with what u wish for guys, it's only daken, imagine rags/moonstone/bullseye buffed icon_lol.gif
  • They should re-evaluate their PvE scaling and the enemies in them instead of waiting on buffs. I still want Bullseye and others to get their third skills and underpowered characters to get buffed. Or just remove the new third covers out of enemies in the PvE.
  • On top of that, overscaled enemies have 5/5/5 covers which makes it even harder to deny colors for their skills. I DON'T want Bullseye, Moonstone or Rags to be buffed/reworked if scaling continues to keep things brutally unfair.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    KevinMark wrote:
    They should re-evaluate their PvE scaling and the enemies in them instead of waiting on buffs. I still want Bullseye and others to get their third skills and underpowered characters to get buffed. Or just remove the new third covers out of enemies in the PvE.
    If Rags, Bullseye and Venom get third powers, PVE will be an even bigger nightmare than it is now. 2* Daken was annoying at 300+ before, but now that he has a blue power as well, he does huge damage separately on top of his strike tiles increasing everyone else's damage. The other two-power characters already are big hurdles in PVE. Bullseye makes match damage irrelevant, Venom stuns and has one-strike/kill power with black, and Rags shakes up the board with green and does massive damage with red. Giving them additional powers without completely adjusting scaling will make PVE even more of a nightmare than it already is.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    tobi69 wrote:
    5 blue AP chemical reaction is so cheap and deals damage.
    This is annoying because PVE should be easier than PVP for it not requires top roster in able to compete, requires only time and grinding mentality,lol. "whoever has ears, let them hears" icon_lol.gif

Here is what I just dont get. The scaling for weak rosters is fine, but for heavy ones, enemies scale up to 400. Why is it different? Why dont the enemies scale for a full maxed roster exactly the way they do for 1 star.png - 2 star.png rosters?

Maybe someone from D3 could explain this to me please. I know the devs want to give new players a better chance, but isn't that what rubberbanding is for? (I think I'll add this to my monthly Q & A post)
  • tobi69 wrote:
    5 blue AP chemical reaction is so cheap and deals damage.
    This is annoying because PVE should be easier than PVP for it not requires top roster in able to compete, requires only time and grinding mentality,lol. "whoever has ears, let them hears" icon_lol.gif

Here is what I just dont get. The scaling for weak rosters is fine, but for heavy ones, enemies scale up to 400. Why is it different? Why dont the enemies scale for a full maxed roster exactly the way they do for 1 star.png - 2 star.png rosters?

Maybe someone from D3 could explain this to me please. I know the devs want to give new players a better chance, but isn't that what rubberbanding is for? (I think I'll add this to my monthly Q & A post)

The enemy scale differently because max roster used to have an advantage beyond their levels. Pre nerf Magneto and Spiderman are way more powerful than adding 60 or so levels to a level 2*. Even someone like pre nerf Daken which is far from broken fights way above adding his level would indicate. I was using Daken in LR and I think at level 249 now, his Phermone Rage is roughly as strong as he was before nerf at level 166, and Daken isn't exactly weak right now either.

Of course the problem is now that they have fixed most of the max roster's unreasonably large advantages the extra scaling is no longer justified. I guess there is still Sentry, but Sentry bombing just doesn't work very well in PvE because you've to play a lot of games and PvE guys tend to have ways to deal with The Hood, one of the most important pieces to the Sentry bomb, that PvP teams cannot (like generating AP out of thin air from goons). Yes there's also X Force, but X Force already applies an extra tough scaling factor if you've him at 270 (probably the same as any other 4*, but he's the most likely 4* to be seen at 270).
  • Chemical reaction strikes me as one of those powers that does more than it should. Super cheap and capable of good damage. Comes with the drawback of removing strike tiles. Sounds like a solid power as just that, but then it also makes more green tiles...why? Why should a 5 cost power have a component that feeds its own damage multiplier. makes sense to remove blue tiles to make heat more likely but it often makes more strike tiles upon casting (with the green ap to go with it) removing the severity of its drawback by a lot?

For what it does this is a 8-10 cost power set at the bargain price of 5. If it converted blue tiles into any other non-green color it would be slightly more balanced. If it just destroyed some blue tiles it would be slightly more balanced.

It really shouldn't have any chance of making more strike tiles while removing strike tiles...