Season VI - Predator and Prey - 6 - 8 Oct

Comments

• vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    kalirion wrote:
    Hood + Sentry really does sound like a good combo with buffed BP, but I tried it for a couple matches and for whatever reason ended up taking a lot of damage and winning with RotP anyway. Maybe they were bad boards, I dunno, but I went back to Patch + Hood after that.
    Sentry/Hood/Panther is good for shield-hopping because you can use Battleplan instead of Sacrifice to save on health packs. It's even better when Panther is buffed because Battleplan does more damage than Sacrifice does. That said, the team has the same drawbacks as Sentry/Hood normally have--namely, you want to match green and yellow tiles and not much else--throw in some optional black if you have Hood with 5 black covers. If your board dries up after 2 green or yellow matches you can sit there for a long time with nothing worth matching.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have a really strong BP Hood + GR character goes really well. BP tanks all colors for Hood and you only need to worry about AOE attacks. I have used Hood+ Patch for climbing. I can hit Battle plan Berserker rage and rage of the panther and SKADOOSH!!!
  • I have the same luck with BP (5/2/1) that I do with Cmags (5/1/0) - the yellow covers (formerly blue for CM) fall like rain, but I can't seem to get any other colors of the rainbow. Makes this pvp... challenging.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did they update Sentry's World Rupture recently? The last couple matches it processed really quickly for me. Like a split second per tile. Not sure if this is a product of it interacting with Battle Plan, or if something was changed with Sentry's abilities.

Or if my phone went into turbo mode.
  • scottee wrote:
    Did they update Sentry's World Rupture recently? The last couple matches it processed really quickly for me. Like a split second per tile. Not sure if this is a product of it interacting with Battle Plan, or if something was changed with Sentry's abilities.

I've noticed the same thing, since yesterday. It's crazy quick now. Yay!
  • scottee wrote:

I've noticed the same thing, since yesterday. It's crazy quick now. Yay!

To compensate for how slow Otto's Blue and Black are perhaps?
  • scottee wrote:

Is this when your own go off, or when the AI lands one? On my side WR has been decently quick (not Speed Shot quick but good enough), but if the AI gets one off the time it takes to go off for them is almost as bad as the damage I eat.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    On my device (iPhone 5 running iOS 7) my WR is Speed Shot quick. It's startling as fast it moves. The enemy all have 80K health and then 3 seconds later they're all dead and a huge cascade comes out of nowhere. Enemy's WR isn't as fast but it's still easily 4x faster than it used to be.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:
    scottee wrote:

Is this when your own go off, or when the AI lands one? On my side WR has been decently quick (not Speed Shot quick but good enough), but if the AI gets one off the time it takes to go off for them is almost as bad as the damage I eat.

When mine go off.

I actually haven't seen the AI's go off in a really long time, because I don't let them.
  • Just swapped over for a few. It's beautifully fast.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    I think I have a new favourite PVP team. Team Storm of Classic Storm and Johnny Storm. wonderful damage across red, blue, black and green, and if Panther gets a battle plan out there it's insane.

Obviously they are about as fragile as it's possible for a team to be, but great fun while it lasts
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Love the quick animation for WR.

@bonebreak - If you would let me keep first place given you don't need the xforce green I would truly appreciate it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Isn't there another PvP planned before the season ends?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Definitely.

Whether it's Starfall or something else is a completely different question. I would not be surprised to see Balance of Power or Combined Arms turn up to close out the season.
  • seems there is time for one more?
  • One will start today and end Friday; it'll be the last PVP of the season. Anniversary events should start Friday (there will be 12 hours of overlap between season events and anniversary week events).
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    One will start today and end Friday; it'll be the last PVP of the season. Anniversary events should start Friday (there will be 12 hours of overlap between season events and anniversary week events).
    Are you sure that they will put one more PvP? Cos I'm 300 points shy off a 10 pack. I wonder if I should continue with this one or wait for the possible new PvP.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    One will start today and end Friday; it'll be the last PVP of the season. Anniversary events should start Friday (there will be 12 hours of overlap between season events and anniversary week events).
    Are you sure that they will put one more PvP? Cos I'm 300 points shy off a 10 pack. I wonder if I should continue with this one or wait for the possible new PvP.

I am literally 100% sure a PVP will start today after the the Black Panther one ends (immediately after unless there's a problem) and will run until 1 am (Eastern time) Saturday morning. I don't feel confident saying what it will be, though, or what the prize will be. The PVP schedule is EXTREMELY regular and has never had more than a few hours interruption for like the last six months.
  • I am suprised at how well I am doing, course it might be the team of 166 Patch, 166 icon_hood.png , and my mid leveled icon_blackpanther.png with 4 blackflag.png

Heck, I have even been able to take out the icon_sentry.pngicon_hood.png combos I have come across.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed to hold #1 all night and barely evaded dropping by missing my shield dropping. Doubt I am going to hold #1 until the end at 1300+. X-Force, you are so close.