How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Comments

• Kelbris wrote:
    None of these missions matter right now. Just do all of them once, get the rewards you want, and wait til the next set. These 14 points will do nothing.

There are some decent rewards though, like a rainbow of Modern Hawkeye covers.

Only.thing, is this is one of the easiest places to get a top finish. After this its all about "did I happen to get matches with someone who fiendishly rubberbanded"
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Microtom wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    None of these missions matter right now. Just do all of them once, get the rewards you want, and wait til the next set. These 14 points will do nothing.

There are some decent rewards though, like a rainbow of Modern Hawkeye covers.

You get a lot of stuff for finishing 1-4
    Only an extra token, which is really probably a dupe cap red

Edit: are there really people who have done the full 2nd reset ? I'm only seeing a couple people at 650ish
  • Misguided wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    We've told you multiple times. It was 12 hours at the start of the event, before it hit 50m

Not convinced that is true. The first time around, there were people that had more than 2x at the end of the first sub-event. They may have started a third round.

Definitely not true. I played through 3 sets of missions in some of the sub events the first time around. Not sure how many times I have to say it is less than 12 hours for the reset!
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    We've told you multiple times. It was 12 hours at the start of the event, before it hit 50m

Not convinced that is true. The first time around, there were people that had more than 2x at the end of the first sub-event. They may have started a third round.

Definitely not true. I played through 3 sets of missions in some of the sub events the first time around. Not sure how many times I have to say it is less than 12 hours for the reset!

Stop telling people that! If you blow my secret it won't be so easy for mme to place again.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Stop telling people that! If you blow my secret it won't be so easy for mme to place again.

LOL information is power.
  • Someone finished with more than 210 in nevada in my bracket,which means he did some missions 4 times...
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Telling people that actually makes my strat more effective and easier to place.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Someone finished with more than 210 in nevada in my bracket,which means he did some missions 4 times...

Not necessarily. I think banding might have started to kick in at the end, though someone with that many points would probably near the top, so who knows.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Misguided wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    Someone finished with more than 210 in nevada in my bracket,which means he did some missions 4 times...

Not necessarily. I think banding might have started to kick in at the end, though someone with that many points would probably near the top, so who knows.
    Perhaps the person did not do that much in the other bracket, so his overall points was lower.
  • eidehua wrote:
    Perhaps the person did not do that much in the other bracket, so his overall points was lower.

Good point.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Microtom wrote:

I think the event started with 15 minute extra, and that guy must have had done some missions in that time. He was at 218 I think and I finished in top 4 with 210, the max after 3 waves.
  • Well I must have done something wrong because I only got one refresh around midnight. Then waited until the last hour and did all the high point mission. I guess I'm supposed to clear out all missions right away to get the maximum 3 refreshes? I'm still not on the whole strategy.

Unfortunately committing that amount of time is not in my (and by "my" I mean my wife's) daily schedule. I can only pretend to take a dump so many times a day.
  • If you're trying to maximize the number of top 800 finishes it's not necessary to grind super hard. In fact grinding super hard almost ensures at some point you'll fall out of top 800 in a dramatic fashion. For progression rewards, assuming the point structure didn't magically change, there just isn't that many points to get until The Hulk is unlocked. You can see right now the top score multiply by the number of days this event lasts isn't enough to hit 10K let alone 50K, so you can afford to take a break while the total points are low.
  • I did the Hulk missions once per day and I still finished in top 200, not sure why people are claiming they get more points by letting it refresh, it just creates more work for you, and I finish in a similar spot... Using same technique this go around and so far looking like I will get same result...
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    I did the Hulk missions once per day and I still finished in top 200, not sure why people are claiming they get more points by letting it refresh, it just creates more work for you, and I finish in a similar spot... Using same technique this go around and so far looking like I will get same result...

On the first set of missions, if you did them on every refresh you're assured of finishing in top 100, and had a good shot at top 20 or better. The person who plays more will always have more points. It's just not clear if it's worth playing 200 matches in a span of 24 hours to do so.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Microtom wrote:

I think the event started with 15 minute extra, and that guy must have had done some missions in that time. He was at 218 I think and I finished in top 4 with 210, the max after 3 waves.

Negative, I was at the top of that bracket pretty much the whole time. It wasn't until the end did anyone have more than highest possible total. He finished with 212 points and I believe that's because he didn't do as many in the second bracket as I did.
  • Is it just me or are enemy-levels in "Hulk SIghting: Romania" really high, while points are really low?
  • Is it just me or are enemy-levels in "Hulk SIghting: Romania" really high, while points are really low?

I agree, trying to remember if it was low like that the first time but i cant after all the work i put in...
  • Is there someone patient enough to explain how this works to a noob? The more I read about this, and I went through pages and pages, the more confused I am. Just when you start feeling comfortable, this game smacks you in the face with no explanation of why things work the way they do. From my experience so far and some reading, the facts I believe to be true are:

During an event there are multiple scores you need to keep track of. The first is the score in the main event page (the one with the green SHIELD icon). You gain points by unlocking Sighting campaigns (usually a set of 4 missions) and by completing these missions 4-5 times each. Your other scores are for the individual campaigns (gold shield icon). I read that there is a refreshing point system triggering approximately every 8 hours. I think each Sighting campaign has a duration of 24 hours. During the event, the campaigns change with new ones appearing after one set is over (every 24 hours?)

As we speak I have completed the Hulk Sighting: Greenland campaign with 20h+ left at the time I finished. Unfortunately, I don't have a Captain America to do the second. Doing all the missions (until they stopped giving points) I got 66 points which placed me around Rank 65 temporarily. Since then, I got to Rank 119. So let's start with the questions.

If all I can get from that is 66 points how is it possible for others to get more points (Top Rank 129 as we speak) if we're not even 8 hours in the event when a refresh would be possible?
    In the last event I remember finishing a mission until it gave no more points and after I completed the next mission in line once, I checked the previous again and it had refreshed. This lead me to believe the refresh is global and not player dependant. Am I getting the timing wrong and the refresh is not global but is relative to each player? If yes, how does it work?
    I also read some suggestions that you should try to complete the campaign missions as close to the refresh limit as possible to get more points. Do the points change if you finish them later?
  • Best explanation I've seen

I thought the refresh was individual, but could be wrong.