Finally registered

Unknown
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Have been lurking on the forums for sometime, dropping by to read on MPQ news.
To other lurkers reading this, it does hurt to register.

Comments

• Welcome to the forum
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    To other lurkers reading this, it does hurt to register.
    Not much though.

We only bite if you ask politely icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Heaka75
    Heaka75 Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Welcome to the Thunderdome!
  • The part that hurt me most about registering was the activation email was sent to my spam folder o_0

Welcome aboard OP!
  • Haxis
    Haxis Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Not so much the hurting, but the lack of useful things that you receive by registering. You cannot even PM after registering icon_e_sad.gif not sure how many posts or how much " participation " I must have before hand. lol.
  • new to the forums but not new too the game. not sure how this works much but will hopefully catch on. nice too meet everyone I'm immortal7 commander of immortal rage. feel free too message too chat!
  • I have been with MPQ since the beginning and finally got onto the Forums. I have registered but can not send back messages. I have been trying to join an Alliance that could use the time that I put into the game. I have to people asking several questions and I cant respond back to them.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to be able to private message people back? Any information would be great.
  • Does anyone know what the criteria is for being allowed to Private message? Is it time or activity based? Who approves it and are they notified when somebody hits their quota?
  • This question I also would like to know the answer to. The "please read this first" post said 1 post, but as this is now my 3rd and still not able to send PM's i am venturing to guess it has a time span somehow too.
  • Message from the forumadmin: "Please note, you need to make 5 posts to get full access to the forum services."
  • I can't send PMs either...help!
  • Isaya wrote:
    Message from the forumadmin: "Please note, you need to make 5 posts to get full access to the forum services."
    Well if this is true thats good to know
  • maybe u need at least 5 post man..
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need 5 posts for full forum permissions. It's a spam preventative.
  • Ok so this is my third. (finally found someone, who told me what i needed to do) It's really pain in the tinytiger to get into alliance, when i cannot pm to leaders and need to wait cca 2 days for post approval at ally thread. icon_evil.gif
  • kejo12
    kejo12 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    ty guys, this discussion was very useful to understand how this "posts thing" works. I had just registered and I didn't know a lot of things, this was just what I was looking for icon_e_smile.gif
  • kejo12 wrote:
    ty guys, this discussion was very useful to understand how this "posts thing" works. I had just registered and I didn't know a lot of things, this was just what I was looking for icon_e_smile.gif
    Same here, had Some trouble to register as I didn't get my confirmation email at first and now the Posts I made in the last couple of days are still under review? How long does it usually take for beginner Posts to appear in the threads?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    simhenk wrote:
    kejo12 wrote:
    Same here, had Some trouble to register as I didn't get my confirmation email at first and now the Posts I made in the last couple of days are still under review? How long does it usually take for beginner Posts to appear in the threads?

We just implemented an account approval process to try and weed out spammers, so it's hard to say with any certainty. If this post is showing up here, I do believe your other ones should be too.
  • MojoRa
    MojoRa Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    It would be worth adding to the daw that private messages are only possible after 5 forum posts