Shield times subject to change?

Options
Last night for the Heavy Metal event, I waited until the timer said there was 1 day left, and then spent 300 on a day-long shield.

I'm checking the event and my shield today and it looks like my shield will end about an hour before the event ends. Which is...you know...not an entire day, then.

Does "1 day" on the event timers give or take an hour? Because that's pretty uncool that I might have to spend an extra 75 HP just to shield for an extra hour, AND game-watch right around that time (that I'd like to be sleeping).

Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• quadiak
    quadiak Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You are correct in assuming it is give or take.

In my experience the timer is only accurate to 1 hour up until the final 24 hours, where it changes to accuracy up to the minute.

So yes at 24 hrs(1 day) and 14 minutes it would still read 1 day remaining. You are safer to wait until it actually says 23 hrs xx minutes remaining. Sorry for your loss of HP

I sincerely hope this helps.

quad
  • That is such tinkykitty. A day is a day is a day.

Oh well. 1st world problems, blah blah blah.
  • If it says "1d 0h" that means between 24 and 25 hours. 1m means between 1 and 2 minutes, etc. It's consistent, but a bit odd and counterintuitive. When it's under a day it will start with "23h 59m" and count down from there.
  • Just odd to me how it will say "I day, 1 hour" and then hit 1 day but that actually still means "1 day, maybe 1 hour". Misleading, a bit.

I'm rolling with this - I'm running low on HP but them's the breaks. But c'mon, why even have a countdown timer if it's going to be that inconsistent?
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The timer is that way for everything (shields and events) and has been forever. I guess I'm just used to it, but yeah, you just need to figure that it's not rounding up, so to speak. I'd rather have it round down than up though and completely miss the ending of something. LIke if it told me 12 hours and it's really 11 hours 30 min.