Weekly Tournament - Avengers Discussion

Comments

• Wasn't able to login for 5 min, then attacked 3 times for -100 points O.O Dropped from top 15 to 48. Frantically scrambled 3 wins but ran out of time, only managing top 45 finish, not happy with broken scoring system!
  • up 240 points on #2 with 15 minutes to go. did it with 130 IM, 90 BW, and 60 SM. it's a decent team but hardly insurmountable even for 2*s.

i haven been attacked except like 4 times total this tournament. it seems like once you get out of the 800s, there are very few people there and none of us need the progression rewards so we just stay at 800 and get the easy win. #2 through #10 are like 400-600 and they change places constantly, so i think they're seeing a lot of action.

so I think the best thing to do is just get to 800 really fast and by attacking as few targets as possible, and then just chillax the rest of the way

I think almost every attack i received was via retaliation. Only got top 3 but I was only off by a match from first really. Doubt ppl were scared of 84 thor 85 wolvie 69 spidey. Given that I started at about 250 an hour ago..I am happy with that finish. Now to decide to throw out the red punisher or not....
  • Spoit wrote:
    1,2,4 finish for spoit, myself and elementalor, nicely done!

Pretty awesome if that kept, I hope so. I got hit just before close, so it depends if my attack counted. Nice from you two either way though!
    I got hit the last minute too, but apparently so was everyone else icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yeah, my top 5 stuck. Now to decide if I want a 3/5/5 Punisher. =D
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:
    1,2,4 finish for spoit, myself and elementalor, nicely done!

Pretty awesome if that kept, I hope so. I got hit just before close, so it depends if my attack counted. Nice from you two either way though!
    I got hit the last minute too, but apparently so was everyone else icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yeah I'm at 3/3/3 so I need to figure out which of these covers to use
  • ugh, i woke up later than i had wanted and didn't manage to climb back up. it also didn't help that i lost over 300 points overnight. well i have no one to blame but myself. still, that drop was super harsh.
  • 1st place for 2nd time, so yeah me
  • Managed to finish 1st in my bracket despite connection issues at the end. Or perhaps because of them.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    FoxInSox wrote:
    Nothing quite like being comfortably in #1. Having the game **** out. Then checking again and seeing Namek come out of nowhere and land in the #2 spot and seeing him steadily narrowing the gap. Huge gulp... Last 10 mins were spent frantically trying to keep my lead. Not sure if I succeeded.

Haha, I thought for SURE you were going to get knocked down. But you kept that 780ish score in the end. I only left enough time for me to get to 750 or so. Good job.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Yeah I'm at 3/3/3 so I need to figure out which of these covers to use

Going 3/5/5 myself. Have him at 2/3/5 now and might force myself to only use Spidey/Mags/Punisher in the Hulk event repeat. I'll update the character discussion thread and let everyone know how it works out. Punisher is at lvl 90 currently so I should have him up over 100 assuming the Hulk redo isn't a mistake.

Tried out that team in an old Dark Avengers pve mission and am loving the color rainbow.
  • Would have finished on #1 with a score of 666, if it wasn't for Polkio attacking me 3 mins before the end. Well, I still finshed first, but the score...the score! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Would have finished on #1 with a score of 666, if it wasn't for Polkio attacking me 3 mins before the end. Well, I still finshed first, but the score...the score! icon_e_biggrin.gif

You must have gotten a really lucky bracket. 666 is pretty low for first place.

Our bracket was around the same for first, a little closer to 700.

Yepp, thats, what i thought, too. I could have pushed the score even higher, but the good progress rewards weren't in reach and a good horse only jumps as high as it has to.

Oh remember that - you had ... tasty amount of points

And I attacked you twice - yes I am bad - think that second time it was not count , it was few second past the end event time

Grats
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Nemek wrote:
    Haha, I thought for SURE you were going to get knocked down. But you kept that 780ish score in the end. I only left enough time for me to get to 750 or so. Good job.
    Up to that point I was sure I was in a super easy bracket with no recognizable names. I only survived by having a low enough MMR that it seems everybody skipped me. Hurt me a bit in the end when you were getting way more points per match than I was. Thanks for making it intense at the end; I'm so glad tournament rules didn't allow you to challenge me directly. icon_e_smile.gif

Finally got my first bag lady and got punisher up to 5/5/3. Only wanted her to avoid missing out on future PvE events where they require her complete lack of talent.
  • I was staring at a tie at #16 with less than a minute to go. Fortunately 2 people dropped out of top 15 and I got my two covers.

The tie system really needs to be turned around to first to get score wins.
  • Don't really know what to think. I can beat max level teams with fair ease when using boosts (nothing to be proud of, everyone can) but because my team isn't very scary and so easy to beat (thor/Wolverine/Doom (Cap for this event)) I'll never place well and there is nothing I can do to affect it.

I lost nearly 500 points in total in this event. What's the point?
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    abuelo wrote:
    Don't really know what to think. I can beat max level teams with fair ease when using boosts (nothing to be proud of, everyone can) but because my team isn't very scary and so easy to beat (thor/Wolverine/Doom (Cap for this event)) I'll never place well and there is nothing I can do to affect it.

Have you tried? You might get lucky (with brackets too). I have a 61 wolvie/25 thor/20 Hulk team, and managed top 15 lol. I also specifically saved a high value retaliation for the very end, so I couldn't get hit back while netting 30+ points lol.
    Other reasons include earning progression rewards and ISO from doing battles.
  • abuelo wrote:
    Don't really know what to think. I can beat max level teams with fair ease when using boosts (nothing to be proud of, everyone can) but because my team isn't very scary and so easy to beat (thor/Wolverine/Doom (Cap for this event)) I'll never place well and there is nothing I can do to affect it.

Well I won my bracket with wolvie/thor/IM35, and thor isn't even capped.
    Point is you need luck too. I was attacked very few times (and won twice lol) and ended up with 700ish points... but in my bracket 600 would have won it icon_eek.gif
  • abuelo wrote:

Well I won my bracket with wolvie/thor/IM35, and thor isn't even capped.
    Point is you need luck too. I was attacked very few times (and won twice lol) and ended up with 700ish points... but in my bracket 600 would have won it icon_eek.gif

In my case I was stuck matched up with the same poor **** who can't get past 400 because all we can attack is each other.