Ares' Onslaught Team-Up using green AP

Options
Shouldn't it use your accumulated TU AP instead?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any power that drains your AP beyond the basic cost will still have that effect when used as a team-up or with Fastball Special. IM40's attacks still drain other colors, Hulk Smash still drops your green by 10, and Onslaught still drains your green to zero. That's just how the system's worked since they implemented it.
  • Then to truly use Onslaught as a TU power you'll have collect both the TU and green tiles. That's just wrong. They should fix it. Draining the green is not the real problem. If you use it with 6 TU AP, an 1 green AP it does only 230 damage (assuming level 4 Onslaught and level 94 Ares). It should do 230 times X amount of TU AP damage instead and also not drain your green AP. I understand the extra costs being drained like in IM40's power but not the basic cost of Onslaught like in this example.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Most people equip Onslaught when playing with a team with no active green power. Any green accumulated then does not go to waste.

Otherwise, it is working as worded.
  • It is worthless then. It is too bothersome to collect both TU and and a certain color AP for a skill.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Are you kidding me, I adore Onslaught TUps. They allow me to rock LC/oBW/Hood or similar teams and still wreck with green AP. Ditto Flame Jet TUps. They only cost 5 TUAP to boot, 6 if Onslaught is level 4.
  • I can't understand why you people settle for an Onslaught with double AP price (both TU and green AP). That is all. If this is what devs intended, then it's because they are lazy and can't program it better. The other team up powers don't use their color AP. They just use the TU AP. Take 2* Wolverine's Adamnatium Slash for example. Does it also use up your 12 red AP along with 12 TU AP? Of course not. It doesn't have a close like Onslaught using green AP in its description but surely this brings powers like Onslaught to a disadvantage when they are used as a TU power. That's why I said it's worthless. Half the time I finish the games before I use my TU power because I can't collect enough TU AP because I'd been collecting color APs.

IM40's red and blue powers and Flame Jet all have extra costs which is fine to deduct after using up the required TU AP. I don't think Onslaught has an extra cost. It activates with and uses the same type of AP. Hulk Smash is another example with an extra cost.

edit: I have been reading power descriptions. I decided that I might be wrong. But I'm not sure still. Ares' Onslaught looks to have an extra cost of depleting your team's green AP. Even if it's like that, it doesn't change the fact that it's weaker than the real power because it needs green AP + 6 or 5 TU AP. Another similar example is CStorm's Lightning Storm if it is available in TU form. It activates on 12 green (TU) AP but it destroys tiles depending on the green AP you have which sucks, so you need to collect 12 TU AP and enough green AP for it to be useful.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It isn't like Onslaught is the only power like this. Wait till you use 3 star Iron Man's Team ups. They still drain ALL APs.

All powers that use additional APs work like this and there is no easy fix. For Iron Man's powers that drain ALL APs how would you you fix those? Having it only drain TU APs would be just as broken (assuming you don't feel the powers are broken already but lets not get into that here).

It isn't broken, it is working as designed. Remember that "I don't like it" is not the same as "Broken". If that were true half the powers in the game would be "Broken" icon_lol.gif
  • MaskedMan wrote:
    It isn't like Onslaught is the only power like this. Wait till you use 3 star Iron Man's Team ups. They still drain ALL APs.

All powers that use additional APs work like this and there is no easy fix. For Iron Man's powers that drain ALL APs how would you you fix those? Having it only drain TU APs would be just as broken (assuming you don't feel the powers are broken already but lets not get into that here).

It isn't broken, it is working as designed. Remember that "I don't like it" is not the same as "Broken". If that were true half the powers in the game would be "Broken" icon_lol.gif
    It is not a simple case of "I don't like it". Ares' Onslaught, CStorm's Lightning Storm are UP compared to other TU powers in relation to their real cost (TU+color AP). IM40's powers require more than 1 color AP unlike the previous abilities I mentioned. When you are normally using your Ares or CStorm, you would only need green AP but using them as a TU forces you the TU AP cost essentially doubling the ability cost. However, when you're using IM40 normally, you will still need those other color APs. Also, IM40 isn't good compared to any new generation power creep 3* chars. Thus, I think worrying about his powers' TU versions is beside the point. He is already trash in his normal form. What could you expect from his TUs?