*** Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) ***

Comments

• I would like to throw my hat in the ring....
    greentile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png

Those seem to be the colors associated with him the most.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16695

Careful. Had that thread been a snake you'd be dead right now.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Jathro wrote:
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16695

Careful. Had that thread been a snake you'd be dead right now.

"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes."

Thanx. I actually looked a bit and didn't see it.
  • I might as well speculate also. I'm guessing greentile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
  • With a big seemingly important character like this, I'm hoping for a new PVE story actually. Seems odd to just tack him on as a reward that isn't part of the story.
  • With a big seemingly important character like this, I'm hoping for a new PVE story actually. Seems odd to just tack him on as a reward that isn't part of the story.

They've done that with plenty of other characters though (Beast, Colossus). They're just saving their stories for later.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Do people really like Dr. Octopus? Of all the cool villains they could add why'd they stick us with him? Is Mole Man next?
  • Do people really like Dr. Octopus? Of all the cool villains they could add why'd they stick us with him? Is Mole Man next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86gbwBSYuR0
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    We'll see soon enough, but I would actually expect something with protect tiles representing how hard it is to get in and land hits on his human body.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I was thinking more stun abilities. Since he can knock out or hold the opponent with his claws.
  • If Doc Ock's classic uni colors are any indication, his colors will be greentile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    A "fight through stun" passive sounds like a fun little trick - maybe he still does full match damage when stunned, and at higher levels the "berserk" tentacles deal extra damage, or destroy enemy special tiles?
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    He's had octobots for spying and reconnaissance. Might be an AP stealer?
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Do people really like Dr. Octopus? Of all the cool villains they could add why'd they stick us with him? Is Mole Man next?
    I start to like Dr. Octopus only after watched Spider-Man 2, however I have never loved him so much in general.
    Actually I don't like him at all (I'm hating Superior Spider-Man).
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    What if he has a power similar to colossus, except offensive rather than defensive. He can use one of his tentacles to remove an opposing character from the fight while a CD tile marks his return.

Re-using effects seems very MPQ-ish.
  • Doctor Octagonapus BLAAAWWWHHHHHHH!!

They've done that with plenty of other characters though (Beast, Colossus). They're just saving their stories for later.

Correct, but Ock just seems like a character they wouldn't do that with.
  • I personally can't wait for Doctor Doctopus. (The doctor with the arms of a doctor.)

"Spiderman 2, have you seen it? It's so good." - Trevor, 9th grade.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guesses for Powers:

greenflag.png (Tentacle Strike 10 AP)
    Doctor Octopus strikes his foes with his powerful tentacles. Destroys 1 Green tile, dealing damage and earning AP for the destroyed tile.

Upgrades:
    Up to 4 tiles destroyed and more damage.

blackflag.png Octo-Bot Swarm (12 Black AP)
    Doctor Octopus sends out his Octobots for reconnaissance. Creates a single black countdown tile that steals 1 random AP from the enemy team each turn.

Upgrades:
    MORE OCTO-BOTS! (Up to 5 total each stealing 1 random AP each turn)

yellowflag.png A Mind of Their Own. (Passive Yellow)
    Doctor Octopus keeps his tentacles in check by his own mental strength. IF Doctor Octopus is stunned, his tentacles run wild making one random match at the start of any turn he is stunned.

Upgrades:
    Small extra damage and Octobot Countdowns still activate while Doc is stunned.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Yellow sounds terrible. How often is someone stunned. If anything he should stun the enemy and every turn an enemy is stunned something happens.