Help with graphics???

Unknown
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hey there MPQ community. I was wondering if someone could help me with something. How in the world do you post graphics on here when placing a post in the forum? I'm creating a graphic poster for my alliance and would like for the MPQ to know what we represent icon_e_smile.gif Please help I am most appreciative icon_cool.gif

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the post a reply screen, clinking on the Img button above the text box will automatically insert the image tags needed. All you need to do next is paste the image link in between both tags.

Posting this:
    [img]https://www.google.com/images/srpr/logo11w.png[/img]

Displays this:

logo11w.png
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    How do you add a graphic to your signature?

I've tried a few, but the size can't be resolved. I know they have to be smallish, and hosted somewhere everyone can see, but how to do that is a mystery to me.

Help with that would be appreciated.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:

I've tried a few, but the size can't be resolved. I know they have to be smallish, and hosted somewhere everyone can see, but how to do that is a mystery to me.

It works the same way. You just use IMG Tags with the URL to the image in between them, as shown above. You have a signature already, so I assume you know how to edit your signature, but just in cause you forgot or something to that effect;

Click "User Control Panel" toward the top of the page (near the "View Your Posts" button).

Click the "Profile" tab.

Click "Edit Signature".
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach wrote:

It works the same way. You just use IMG Tags with the URL to the image in between them, as shown above. You have a signature already, so I assume you know how to edit your signature, but just in cause you forgot or something to that effect;

Click "User Control Panel" toward the top of the page (near the "View Your Posts" button).

Click the "Profile" tab.

Click "Edit Signature".

I got that, it's having the image in the first place that's the problem. I'd love to add a Wolveroach image, and found one:

wolveroach+crop.jpg

But I can't use it in my signature, it says that the size can't be resolved or something like that. And it's way too big, it needs shrinking. It's how to do that, and where to upload it so that I can have it in my signature.

I appreciate all the help and responses, by the way.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Here you go (was doing some graphics editing and came across this thread; hope you don't mind!):

2wmzwo6.png

If you happen to like it, the code to use to embed the signature is this:
    [IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2wmzwo6.png[/IMG]

- I used an image editor that I've used for a long time now; Fireworks.

- The hosting site I used was tinypic.com.

- I cropped out a section of the cover image you selected and added Wolveroach to it and tweaked it a bit.
  • Moon Roach
    SunCrusher wrote:
    Here you go (was doing some graphics editing and came across this thread; hope you don't mind!):

2wmzwo6.png

If you happen to like it, the code to use to embed the signature is this:
    [IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2wmzwo6.png[/IMG]

- I used an image editor that I've used for a long time now; Fireworks.

- The hosting site I used was tinypic.com.

- I cropped out a section of the cover image you selected and added Wolveroach to it and tweaked it a bit.

Thanks for the assist. Unfortunately there's a 200 pixel height limit, so I couldn't use that one directly.

But picking up from what you said, I went to tinypic and uploaded a shrunk version of the original, for testing, and voila, it worked. Yippee! Now to play around a bit with some other images of Roach-related characters from Cerebus.

Thanks again.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Whooops!

I'm glad you got it to work for you, though! icon_e_smile.gif