Frequently Asked Questions

Comments

• I've just changed phone (Motorola Defy+ -> Samsung Galaxy S5 mini) without ANY problems - just start the app in the new one and sign-in into Facebook.. and voila - may shiny new X-Force 195 is waiting for me : )

and MPQ app on the new phone works about 2-3 times FASTER : ) (and don't lock my phone when someone calls ; )
  • I have a few questions that I have not found the answers to yet (and I feel foolish asking them):

1) Sometimes the stars on my characters flash. Why do they do that?

2) Sometimes the circles you click on to pick teams to fight are red and sometimes they are cream-colored. I noticed that when they are red you have no penalty for skipping them but the cream-colored ones you lose Iso-8. Is there a reason for this? Are the red circle teams more challenging than the others?

3) What determines what symbols are on the match tiles? Is it random or does the position/level/something else influence which tiles have which symbols. I am frustrated that storm has so many symbols on the board. I causes her to die early in many fights.

4) Does it matter if a hero is in the right, left or center position?

Thanks for answering my questions. I am a newcomer and not yet a hardcore player.
  • Merganzer wrote:
    I have a few questions that I have not found the answers to yet (and I feel foolish asking them):

2) Sometimes the circles you click on to pick teams to fight are red and sometimes they are cream-colored. I noticed that when they are red you have no penalty for skipping them but the cream-colored ones you lose Iso-8. Is there a reason for this? Are the red circle teams more challenging than the others?

3) What determines what symbols are on the match tiles? Is it random or does the position/level/something else influence which tiles have which symbols. I am frustrated that storm has so many symbols on the board. I causes her to die early in many fights.

Thanks for answering my questions. I am a newcomer and not yet a hardcore player.
    The more rare characters flash like that

If this is over, you get x free skips, then it costs iso

Character strength in the colour. Higher level determines strength. Generally everyone has three strong colours. If there a overlap, the order of the three characters matters if they are the same strength (and both the first, second or third strongest colour). There is a post or two that explains it all.
  • Merganzer wrote:
    I have a few questions that I have not found the answers to yet (and I feel foolish asking them):

1. Those are Gold characters. Redone version of 2* chars, aka "lazy".
    2. Red ones are retaliations. It means that team has attacked you and won against you before. They don't have skip tax because sometimes you might get flooded with red circles (more than the available nodes on the screen).
    3. Look at your char's tile strengths. If Storm has the highest value of black in your team, she will tank that color and any other color she has the highest value in the team you put her in.
    4. Yes. If a hero has the same value for a color with another hero in your team, the order of tanking that color will be center, left and right. If Gambit and Human Torch both have 65 in red and if you put Gambit in the center he will tank red.
  • Thank you Mattymattmatt and Kevinmark! I appreciate the info!
  • Hi, have been looking in the FAQs for awhile, wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to send our friends gold, paying thru the game or otherwise w/ Google play credit?

If it's not available, then it should be. I'd Love to send my Sweet Superhero Baby enough gold to expand his team, as the freakin game gold is light and hard to come by. It makes collecting heroes a bit scary, not knowing if you'll be able to keep all the kewlness you've unlocked or been sent.

Thanks guys, Be Excellent To Eachother icon_razz.gif
  • When do 4* characters come up to par with 2*(Level 94) and 3*(Level 110)? Thanks!
  • I installed MPQ on a new phone and accidentally saved the game to FB on the new phone (during the Tutorial). Is there a way to re-save the game from the MPQ on the old phone that has all my data? Right now the old phone only gives me the option of loading the FB save, which I assume is the bad/new one.

I also have a ticket out on this, just in case, but D3 customer service = no bueno - no response so far.
  • Create a dummy FB account strictly for MPQ. Register your old game to that name. Then, on your new phone, connect MPQ to the account you just created. Then, you can friend as many people as you want with the dummy account and not worry about privacy.
  • budman59
    budman59 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Hi hope I did not pass this question up. What does it cost to start an alliance? How many spots do you get to start then what is the cost for the next spot's? Thanks for any and all help. Have great day
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    budman59 wrote:
    Hi hope I did not pass this question up. What does it cost to start an alliance? How many spots do you get to start then what is the cost for the next spot's? Thanks for any and all help. Have great day

500 Iso to start an Alliance.
    You start with 5 slots. The 6th slot is 600 HP. Each additional slot costs 100 HP more than the last one. The 7th is 700 HP, 8th is 800 HP and so on till you are spending 2000 HP on the 20th slot.
  • If this has been asked already and I missed it, I apologize. But, I currently play on my iPad (not backed up to FB), as well as on my android phone (which is backed up). I would like to see if it is possible to "merge" the two instead of removing one completely with overriding it with the backup. I want to play it on one device, but dont want to lose the rosters I have on my other device. Is this possible?

Thanks.
  • Pwuz_
    Ardros wrote:
    If this has been asked already and I missed it, I apologize. But, I currently play on my iPad (not backed up to FB), as well as on my android phone (which is backed up). I would like to see if it is possible to "merge" the two instead of removing one completely with overriding it with the backup. I want to play it on one device, but dont want to lose the rosters I have on my other device. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Pick your favorite one with the better roster... You're going to lose one, or the other.

The other option is to link that other account to a dummy Facebook account, that way you can pick it up again later.
  • Hey- I hope this isn't too tedious

I'm wondering how the AI determines which TU to use. Within my alliance we've attacked each other to see what gets pulled etc... Oddly - 90% of the time the TU used is not one I'm currently holding nor is it a character I have well levelled. I do have a very healthy roster and when a bogus 1* Iron Man gets used, I truly have to wonder about my defensive capabilities. Let's face it, TUs are an expectation and part if your attack strategy.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could clear that up for me.

Thank you kindly

=<^..^>=
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    MercyEhm wrote:
    Hey- I hope this isn't too tedious

I'm wondering how the AI determines which TU to use. Within my alliance we've attacked each other to see what gets pulled etc... Oddly - 90% of the time the TU used is not one I'm currently holding nor is it a character I have well levelled. I do have a very healthy roster and when a bogus 1* Iron Man gets used, I truly have to wonder about my defensive capabilities. Let's face it, TUs are an expectation and part if your attack strategy.

Thank you kindly

=<^..^>=
    The AI uses a random non-Sentry TUP.
  • HailMary wrote:
    MercyEhm wrote:

Thank you kindly

=<^..^>=
    But I've had World Ruptures used on me many times in PVP - seems like it's only once I've hit 1100 however.
  • Pwuz_
    MercyEhm wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    MercyEhm wrote:

Thank you kindly

=<^..^>=
    But I've had World Ruptures used on me many times in PVP - seems like it's only once I've hit 1100 however.

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the developers changed that with one of the Updates post TUs being introduced. I could be totally wrong, but I can't recall seeing the AI pull World Rupture as a TU in a long time.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    MercyEhm wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    MercyEhm wrote:

Thank you kindly

=<^..^>=

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the developers changed that with one of the Updates post TUs being introduced. I could be totally wrong, but I can't recall seeing the AI pull World Rupture as a TU in a long time.

I envy you! I just got wiped after Panther launched his yellow, TU again a darn World Rupture. Maybe you aren't getting them because they saved them all for me. I just wish I could figure out the randomness of it. I wonder if your rank/scaling/roster has any influence. Your thoughts?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    MercyEhm wrote:
    I envy you! I just got wiped after Panther launched his yellow, TU again a darn World Rupture. Maybe you aren't getting them because they saved them all for me. I just wish I could figure out the randomness of it. I wonder if your rank/scaling/roster has any influence. Your thoughts?
    That's weird. Ice all but confirmed the removal of Sentry & Juggs from the AI TUP pool: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14122&hilit=sentry+tup#p204805

Aug 14:
    IceIX wrote:
    For an initial start, and upcoming soon:
      - Adding the ability to delete Team-Ups - Reducing the number of Team-Ups that can be used by the AI from 3 to 1 - Making it so AP theft and destruction abilities (like Black Widow's Aggressive Recon) will also steal Team-Up AP. - Taking another pass on which abilities can be used by the AI in Team-Ups. The AI should no longer use Sentry or Juggernaut. - Fixing a bug that allowed AI teams to Team-Up with a character on their team.
  • Alphateam
    Alphateam Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Is it better to match 4 tiles or better to match two rows of 3 with a common intersection? Like to form a "T" or a Right Angle?