Shield failure

Options
Highdark
Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
I grinded up to 900 point in God of lies and slapped on my 8h shield. Wake up and i have lost 150 points. Now I slept for 10h so my shield should be gone, but i logged in and i have 4h left?. There is a bug somewhere in that mess.

Still losing points even though shield is up,

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Contact Customer Support and explain the situation (try to unclude times if you can - and your Player ID). Unfortunately, there's nothing anyone here can do about it.

I have heard there is a bit of latency between putting up a shield and the shield "applying" because the server's have to process the information, however ~2 hours is way too long for that - it's usually a few minutes.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To elaborate on what GothicKratos said:

If there was a lag in the server for any reason or what we as players would see as lag in the processing of data, it could be that you slapped the shield on... but for some people who might have had you on a node pre-Shielding, they managed to attack you before -their- end of the system processed that you were Shielded and therefore shouldn't have been able to be attacked.

Definitely put in a ticket; you're not alone in experiencing some weird Shield issues as other forum members have mentioned similar before, though yeah... a few hours is really strange. Make sure you include what operating system you're on, too.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Here's the CS ticket I sent in about a half-hour ago:
    Hey, I'm sorry to bug you, but I have a concern about shields not holding up.

About a half-hour ago, I put up an 8-hour shield for the Children of the Atom PvP event. I got the HP payment confirmation screen and my account was debited. 

About 15 minutes later, I opened the game again, and got the "you were attacked" popup for 0 points (which would indicate the shields were working). But when I looked back at the CotA tourney, I was unshielded. My HP looked as though it was at my pre-shield amount (725HP), and my tourney score was the same (652) as when I put up my shield the first time.

I've re-shielded, but I'm going to check the tourney later. This hasn't had any negative effects on me yet, but if there is a shield glitch, man, will players be ticked.

Anyway, I wanted to bring this to your attention. Thanks.

«BearVenger»
    Samsung Galaxy 4 user. 

I've rechecked, and I have my shield icon up. I scored a defensive win, and things look good. Since I didn't have an attack loss, I've benefited from being able to shield later for no extra HP.