Earth's Mightiest 15 - 17 Sep

Options
12346»

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if you just want top 100 you might be able to jump back up with just a single match at the end. These tend to take a little longer so I'd give 5 or 6 minutes for you to finish unless you know yours have been going faster than that. If you're further out, then just unshield earlier and try your luck. I'm not sure it's really worth an extra shield at this point
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Also as for me, I just took over 1st by 15 points and am hoping R.A.I.D.E.R. doesn't care enough to fight me for it. He has a 5/5/3 x-force, and my 4/5/4 really wants that last green. Also his outlaws look to be safely into the top 10 alliances and too far from top 2 for him to worry about needing to score more. I'll cross my fingers (and set up a quick match just in case!).

edit: held onto 1st! Thanks R.A.I.D.E.R.!
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ._. If you see this, thanks X-Men #4 member Jochirin1 for letting me get that X-Force cover. Much appreciated.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have to say, things went very well for me in this event
    no ranting today icon_lol.gif

I was here 1.5h before the end thanks to EU-friendly end time
    I was still at 720 (drop from 800) because the attacks were not so fierce. (never shielded during this event)
    Reaching 1300 for yellow Nick Fury seemed not possible for me, I planned to stay in top 25.

Climbed back to 800 and was around #10
    Seeing that my bracket wasn't deadly at all I decided to push for 900, spending some boost (+1 all AP) in the process
    Just before the end I reached 900, settled in top 5 ...and earned a yellow icon_nickfury.png with the token!

I don't want to brag, just share my happiness with you icon_cool.gif
    It was a good thing playing a pvp without (season) pressure.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Couldn't be here for the end again.

101st.

Second time recently.

Frustrated. Again. Really needed my first Black Storm.

On a side note, there was something about this event (roster wise) that I didn't like so much.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I dropped 150 odd points by hanging around unshielded and still finished 33rd. Thank you, no season pressure icon_e_wink.gif

Max covered Mostorm too for whatever that's worth.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I dropped 150 odd points by hanging around unshielded and still finished 33rd. Thank you, no season pressure icon_e_wink.gif

Max covered Mostorm too for whatever that's worth.

I ended up in a pretty lax bracket and was able to pull out #8 with a score of 787. I was as close as 12 points from that 900 point progression reward, but work got in the way and by the time I looked again I had fallen by over 100 points. That said, only #1 & #2 had reached over 1000 points.

I could have had #5 had I shielded at my highest. Here I sit with my MoStorm built to 3/0/2. Boy that Yellow would have been nice.
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Options
    Thanks CWICK of X-Men 2 for letting me keep first given that you didn't need X-Force. I was worried if I would have to wake up at two in the morning to see if you passed me but in the end I thought I'd rather sleep. Nice to find out that your aim was just Fury.
  • I actually enjoyed this event. I think it's the first time in a month that I can say that I had fun playing MPQ.

Yes, a rare postive post from me. Must be a sign of the apocalypse.