Character rankings 6/14 edition: the results!

Comments

• I'd swap Patch and Captain Marvel, and She-Hulk and Lazy Storm, but otherwise not bad.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'd swap Patch and Captain Marvel, and She-Hulk and Lazy Storm, but otherwise not bad.

I was thinking the same thing. I think She-Hulk is under rated. Lots of health a good AOE ability and a deceptivly interesting Blue ability.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't it about time that new Rankings start being voted on?
    As far as I can tell there was a ranking in December, March, then June...so September Rankings?

Besides, it feels like there have been some pretty HUGE changes since June.
    Team Ups replacing Environment Tiles.
    A slew of abilities changing due to Team Ups.
    6 more characters unrepresented in the June ranking.
    R60 update (buffs & nerfs ahoy!)
  • I'd say let's wait until we get a feel for the new versions; we've only had them a few days.
  • Maybe the next instalment can be a done as a countdown to the 1 year anniversary coming up?
  • Pwuz_
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'd say let's wait until we get a feel for the new versions; we've only had them a few days.

That's been an argument for waiting for every one of these though. It's not like this game stays the same for long. Even between voting and the results of the June rankings things had changed.
  • I've been wanting to do a new survey for a while now, but haven't had the time to dedicate to it. I'd also like to give R60 at least a week, so that people can familiarize themselves with the new characters.

I have a vacation coming up where I should have some time to work on writeups, so I'm planning on starting a survey at the beginning of next week. Get your playtesting in now so that we don't have a repeat of last time's "Sentry at #11" debacle!
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'd say let's wait until we get a feel for the new versions; we've only had them a few days.

That's been an argument for waiting for every one of these though. It's not like this game stays the same for long. Even between voting and the results of the June rankings things had changed.

I realize that, but this is the biggest mass character change the game has ever had. I'd say give it at least a couple weeks.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I realize that, but this is the biggest mass character change the game has ever had. I'd say give it at least a couple weeks.

It's probably safe to say C.Mags isn't #1 now.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

I'll be curious who gets worst 3*. I'm torn between Lazy Storm and Loki. I think Loki is slightly better just because I can envision a few situations where I'd use him (mainly paired with Patch or countering Daken, Falcon, or CMags); I can't think of a single one where Lazy Storm can do anything someone else doesn't do better.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Do you think they will release a big update at the one year anniversary in October or will they just announce it?

They have definitely hinted that something is coming. Was wondering if we will just get the info with the actual content to follow or if we get something virtually tangible in October.

And, of course, the obvious impact that will have on any character rankings.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I'll be curious who gets worst 3*. I'm torn between Lazy Storm and Loki. I think Loki is slightly better just because I can envision a few situations where I'd use him (mainly paired with Patch or countering Daken, Falcon, or CMags); I can't think of a single one where Lazy Storm can do anything someone else doesn't do better.

Beast gets my vote as worst 3* ~ I want to like Lazy Storm but her skill colors and costs are outclassed by many other 3 stars. Her low health makes it even worse... If only she had a killer blue like Windstorm and a Lightning attack on par with Thor's yellow. :-/
  • +1 at starting the survey next week.

I am slowly about to cross fully into a 3* player so finally I can have a say after playing for about 100 days.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lets wait for Colossus to show himself.
  • Red Panda wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Beast gets my vote as worst 3* ~ I want to like Lazy Storm but her skill colors and costs are outclassed by many other 3 stars. Her low health makes it even worse... If only she had a killer blue like Windstorm and a Lightning attack on par with Thor's yellow. :-/
    So DD is no longer the worst 3*? Yay!
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    I'd put Spider-man as the worst 3* character ever since True Healing was introduced.
  • Pwuz_
    hurcules wrote:
    Red Panda wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

So DD is no longer the worst 3*? Yay!

Yay? DD hasn't changed, and it's not like his trap tiles are any more effective than they were previously, in fact I'd argue less so with so many characters now dropping special tiles everywhere. Though it is funny to throw out an Ambush for a Team-Up attack.
  • I also agree that a new survey should be done soon. Since the R60 patch and now all of the new characters it will be interesting to see who is top. I'm thinking XForce is top 5-10 now and worst should be Spider-Man since True Healing. DD makes it to where you have to avoid tiles which limits the board and Storm can do damage, but is squishy while Loki shakes things up, but again he is squishy.
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    I also agree that a new survey should be done soon. Since the R60 patch and now all of the new characters it will be interesting to see who is top. I'm thinking XForce is top 5-10 now and worst should be Spider-Man since True Healing. DD makes it to where you have to avoid tiles which limits the board and Storm can do damage, but is squishy while Loki shakes things up, but again he is squishy.
    Have you missed the memo? Beast is the new worst 3*. He can also drag the fight with his healing, but he doesn't even have stun or protect tiles to be obnoxiously useless, like Spidey.
    I'd say, worst 3*s are in this order: Beast/Daredevil/Loki/Spider-Man/IM 40/Ragnarok/Doom/Mohawk/She-Hulk. Bordering with the mediocrest of them all, Psylocke and GSBW.
  • lets get on with it on the new survey. this week would have been perfect due to the break between season and no PvE