*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• It might be wise to hold on to him because he's not available in packs yet and no one knows when devs will add him.
  • His red is ok, though the dmg limit makes it bad against high hp characters. The purple is awesome even with the relatively high cost. Even without the dp points, good dmg. The black heals too little to be worth it.
  • El Zoof
    El Zoof Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I'm pondering a Deadpool/Colossus/Doom combo. Probably a bit black-centric, but the idea of throwing Wade really really hard would probably appeal to anyone, and then whales.
  • One question - which is somehow related to Deadpool's utility : when are new characters added to the standard Heroic draw?

As strong as a single character can be, there really isn't much to do with him / her if there is no chance at all to gain additional covers.
  • If you can afford the HP to buy new slot, that single cover maybe very useful for those essential nodes. I used to not have Loki and imitator throws you a Loki essential and boom.. you have to grind the rest of the nodes.
    I sold my yellow hood covers (2x) thinking that with his weak health. . I'll never use him.. took me a long time to find his cover as rewards.

Yah. 3*. Keep em. Even the lousy ones.
  • rocketh wrote:
    One question - which is somehow related to Deadpool's utility : when are new characters added to the standard Heroic draw?

They're way overdue; this is the furthest they've ever gotten behind, I think. She-Hulk still hasn't been added and she was released about three months ago. They're reluctant to release new characters because they don't want to dilute the pool, but they haven't figured out what to do about it, so they're paralyzed with indecision, essentially. And that's why I have almost 500 tokens saved up.
  • He is one of two characters that has a purple ability that does damage.

In the 3-4 star range anyway.

And the other character is Nick Fury.

Deadpool has his weaknesses. His black makes him tank when he'll often be your squishiest member of your team.
    His red is incapable of finishing anyone. So if you want to use it, you need to farm it early. Once their big health pool is at half health, his red becomes below average.

His purple is his redeeming factor, as he can take out entire teams with it. But, it costs 14, which is a lot of farming.

I'd say he is a mid tier 3 star right now. Not really a competitive pick, but he won't drag your team down the way a daredevil or 3 star storm would.
  • Honestly, I would try to keep Deadpool for right now. There is something really special about his purple which is going to help you fight a great deal of teams – especially now that very few people are actively planning for you to have Deadpool. I would still keep him (as I think most people have said)
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes and No. Right now he is a mid-tier character. He can dole out the damage early with Red, but after you have someone below 5100 health it begins to have diminishing returns. The purple is monstorous, if you can land WHALES!!! it's generally game, and due to the plethora of Deadpool points I can hit with a full Whales for awhile. His black is sometimes his greatest skill and his worst. The positive is that he heals at twice the rate so you can use him a fair amount. He pairs really well with Ms.Marvel and you can drop people's health really quick, but he needs a little work. They need to lower the threshold on his black and also increase the health return a little bit, IMO he should be able to absorb and heal back from a Thor or Ms. Marvel Red, anything less and he will be better off. His Red, isn't bad you just need to realize it's not going to hit as hard later.

5100=3299
    4500=2925
    4000=2600
    3500=2275
    3000=1950
    2500=1625
    2000=1300
    1500=975
    1000=650
    500=325

As you can see it still does pretty decent damage up until the 2500-1500 health range, at that point you are probably going to need another red user. Strike tiles do help some of this. Say you paired him with Daken, well that strike tile damage gets added on last so you can do more damage than listed.
    To give you a chart of some single target red users with their red skill maxed and their AP:Dmg ratio

Captain America=366 dmg per AP
    Captain Marvel=213 dmg per AP
    Daredeveil=1291 dmg per AP
    Human Torch=423 dmg per AP first cast 560 dmg per AP each cast after (assumes you get the 2 AP each turn)
    Iron Man 40=273 dmg per AP, less per AP if you have other colors
    Magneto=293 dmg per AP, (assuming only 9 TU tiles)
    Psylocke=141 at 8, 161 at 7, 188 at 6, 226 at 5
    Ragnarok=195 dmg per AP
    Thor=266 dmg per AP

So take the damage numbers for health of enemy and divide by 6. That will give you the ratio and you can compar it to the rest. Even if you used Deadpools red on someone with 3000 health, you still do 325 dmg per AP, that's higher than most other red users
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    X-Force/Deadpool/Hood is a nasty rainbow team. Can't take out Hood right off because Deadpool.

I used this against Hood/Sentry teams -- a rare case where I don't go after Hood first. Deadpool can whittle Sentry down with the redtile.png , and X-Force can finish off with greentile.png or blacktile.png .
  • Hello! First post on the forum and I'm sorry it's so boring/possibly incredibly stupid, but where the tinykitty do you find out how many Deadpool points you've got? I play on an Android tablet and I can't seem to find them anywhere.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    X-Force/Deadpool/Hood is a nasty rainbow team. Can't take out Hood right off because Deadpool.

I used this against Hood/Sentry teams -- a rare case where I don't go after Hood first. Deadpool can whittle Sentry down with the redtile.png , and X-Force can finish off with greentile.png or blacktile.png .

Cool team, but i wouldnt call it rainbow since it lacks an active blue. Yeah, hood has blue for match damage but youre never matching it unless youre desperate since it doesnt generate any useful ap.
  • If they can fix his black, I.e. lower threshold, raise the heal amount, making him an actual pain to deal with.

The only time he has ever been a nuisance is in that triple Deadpool node. Every other time, just deny red, done.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Thor+Black Panther+Deadpool is a great team, amazing abilities in 5 colors.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Thor+Black Panther+Deadpool is a great team, amazing abilities in 5 colors.

I've been shying away from teams like this. My current stance on the game is that games in general tend to be that you focus on 2 primary colors in order to activate whatever devestating ability it is that you have, and if you can't find a match for those two colors, then you move onto your secondary colors for your other abilities. As a result, you kind of want your secondary colors to be cheap: since you're always aiming for the devestating ability, you aren't going to get that much AP for your secondary colors.

If you look at BP/Thor/Deadpool, I think thunder strike and rage of the panther are the primary abilities, as those are clearly better than every other ability on the team. This means that CtS, AlotT, Whales, defense grid are going to be your secondary abilities, which is kinda ****. CtS and whales being 14ap means you're never going to cast them (and yeah CtS is weird cause thunder strike combos into it, but how many times have you cast CtS without casting thunder strike, for instance. Probably not that much.), and defense grid kinda sucks, so I think the only good secondary ability here is AlotT, which means that your gameplan consists of 3 main colors: thunder strike, rage of the panther, and AloTT, with the other abilities not doing that much. Something like Hood/LT/BP is probably a lot better just because Hood fuels all of your expensive abilities passively, and AlotT isn't better enough than mjonirs to singlehandedly warrant DPs spot on the team.

I think the main issue with deadpool is that unless you're paying DP for whales, the 14ap cost just means that it's just too expensive to be an ability that you get to cast that often, which means that the character is essentially a free life bar for your other 2 guys and AloTT, which isn't enough to justify its place in most teams for a 3* player.
  • I am currently at the stage where I'm transitioning from ** to ***

You dont want deadpool as one of your first ***s I feel. You want someone who's going to rock your world, like lazy daken, lazy thor, BP, Hood or Sentry. I'd go for Patch before I went for deadpool too.
  • Once I get the covers, I will be using him a lot in PvE events. Sure he has the downsides mentioned above, but he will be great against goons and tanks in PvE. Think about it, Adamantium slash was boosted last event to 4471 with 5 covers and how many time did you use Mjolnir instead because you had it ready and needed to down someone or take a chance on those yellow tiles?

ALotT will be great, even with it's limit on damage against high level goons, especially muscle and the like. I would have loved to use it on Juggernaut or Daken when they were above level 150 or 200. Sitting on it until you can cast it twice is great (or boosting), it takes out 88% of someone's health or up to 6598. Use the match damage on lower health guys and then select the most dangerous opponent for a double whammy. It's like a headbutt that doesn't damage yourself.

So many goons generate purple, that OBW/Deadpool can let you cast whales more often (not sure when/if he tanks black or purple). He pairs with almost anyone that uses greenflag.pngyellowflag.png or blackflag.png and your almost certainly going to be running someone that uses 2 of those colors anyway. ALotT is cheap enough you can spam it when you have to carry an otherwise useless character during essential nodes.

Sure he's easy to deny in PvP, but that isn't really where you want to use him.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Hello! First post on the forum and I'm sorry it's so boring/possibly incredibly stupid, but where the tinykitty do you find out how many Deadpool points you've got? I play on an Android tablet and I can't seem to find them anywhere.
    When you're in a game, touch Deadpool's icon next to his AP bars, select WHALES! WHALES! WHALES!, and you should see your current points.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Once I get the covers, I will be using him a lot in PvE events. Sure he has the downsides mentioned above, but he will be great against goons and tanks in PvE. Think about it, Adamantium slash was boosted last event to 4471 with 5 covers and how many time did you use Mjolnir instead because you had it ready and needed to down someone or take a chance on those yellow tiles?

ALotT will be great, even with it's limit on damage against high level goons, especially muscle and the like. I would have loved to use it on Juggernaut or Daken when they were above level 150 or 200. Sitting on it until you can cast it twice is great (or boosting), it takes out 88% of someone's health or up to 6598. Use the match damage on lower health guys and then select the most dangerous opponent for a double whammy. It's like a headbutt that doesn't damage yourself.

So many goons generate purple, that OBW/Deadpool can let you cast whales more often (not sure when/if he tanks black or purple). He pairs with almost anyone that uses greenflag.pngyellowflag.png or blackflag.png and your almost certainly going to be running someone that uses 2 of those colors anyway. ALotT is cheap enough you can spam it when you have to carry an otherwise useless character during essential nodes.

Sure he's easy to deny in PvP, but that isn't really where you want to use him.

If you have DP at max level, he tanks purple for OBW so you don't espionage on purple. Seeing as how recon is purple as well, I don't see how OBW/Deadpool has any synergy unless you have a deliberately underleveled Deadpool, at which point you're gimping OBW. I don't see how he's going to be that great in PvE. ALotT has an AP ratio of ~550 damage / AP in the best case, which is really good, but ultimately roughly the same as characters such as Colossus, Torch, LazyThor, etc. LotP seems kinda bad too since when you're dealing with 4-5k headbutts and 3k aoe damage all directed at deadpool = 9k damage, he'll die before his LotP stacks even go off. PvE is usually about sustained pushing, sustained damage (strike tiles, etc), or board control, none of which deadpool has. He's good if you really need a red user and nothing else, but it can be hard to fit in a character with exactly one good ability that doesn't bring anything else to the table.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Hello! First post on the forum and I'm sorry it's so boring/possibly incredibly stupid, but where the tinykitty do you find out how many Deadpool points you've got? I play on an Android tablet and I can't seem to find them anywhere.
    When you're in a game, touch Deadpool's icon next to his AP bars, select WHALES! WHALES! WHALES!, and you should see your current points.
    Mobile thing only I guess, nothing of the sort on Steam. I have to get 14 purple first every time I want to know exactly how many DP points I have.