Daken/Hawkeye buyback, token redeeming...

Options
Unknown
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
This probably isn't going to interest anyone much, but I just wanted to share.

On my alt (phone) account, I've been slowly collecting tokens without bothering to cash any of them in. Now, because of the buyback for two-star Daken and Hawkeye, I found that two of the same cover will get the character to level 22 - and that means 100 HP (22 for hawks, 21 for daken actually). Being as I F2P the account, HP is wonderful for the roster slot pinch and so my goal was open all the tokens and see what I could do.

I had...a fair few tokens. I know some people have more, but this is what I ended up with:

STANDARD TOKENS: 250 One-star covers, 47 Two-star covers (which included 6 Daken and 3 Hawkeye) and 7 Three-star covers. So from 304 tokens, the breakdown was 250/47/7/0.

HEROIC TOKENS: 0 One-Star covers (obviously), 38 Two-star covers (which included 3 Daken and 2 hawkeye), 7 Three-star covers, and 1 four-Star Cover. Breakdown was 46 tokens for 0/38/7/1.

MISC TOKENS: Now, since I hadn't cashed in any event tokens either, I had a collection of miscellaneous event tokens hanging out, hogging the television and not cleaning the dirty dishes, so I cashed those in as well.
Results for those were (again) 0 One-Star Covers, 49 two-star covers (1 daken, 1 hawkeye), 4 Three-star covers and 2 Four-star covers, leading to 55 tokens giving 0/49/4/2.

Because I didn't twig to the two covers of the same = level 22 rather than 1-1-1 being 18 or so, I wasted a few daken/hawkeyes, but once I figured it out I walked away with 500 HP, which pushed my total up enough to buy another two roster slots, which are definitely going to be needed.

I was going to post up the complete breakdown of each individual cover, but I figured nobody would like THAT wall of text. If anyone's interested, I'll be happy to do so tonight, but for now....

405 tokens all up, with 250 One-star, 134 Two-star, 17 Three-star and 3 Four-star covers (The fours were one Nick, one Xforce and one Invis Woman, of course...heh), two more roster slots and all that ISO went into maxing my two star storm and wolverine so the baby account finally has some teeth.

TL:DR? If you need roster space, level your Dakens or Hawkeyes to level 21/22 with two of the same cover, then sell them. Rinse, repeat.
Thanks for reading...I think?

Comments

• quadiak
    quadiak Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good thinking, you actually made a profit on a nearly useless commodity. Kudos to you.
  • john1620b
    Options
    Sure, ruin the secret for the rest of us exploiting it....

You do realize that they'll change buyback prices if everyone starts doing this, right? We wouldn't people making HP too easily. icon_e_confused.gif
  • I think of it more as a public service to the f2pers. Plus, 400 tokens....wheeee that took a bit of screen tapping!
  • ...aaaand it's gone.
  • ...aaaand it's back. Emotions completely played.
  • ...aaaand it's back. Emotions completely played.

healthpack.png I think you need one of these.
  • Ha! Was wondering when I was going to start seeing those.
  • How much ISO does it cost to level Daken/MHawkeye to level 22?

Have Daken freshly recruited and can go from 15 to 31 with 4018 iso. Hope that helps

Approximately 1100 ISO to go from 15 to 22. 1130 I think.
  • john1620b
    Options
    Yes, it's 1130, and you get 1250 iso and 100 HP when you sell.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    john1620b wrote:
    Yes, it's 1130, and you get 1250 iso and 100 HP when you sell.

Note that you also paid 500 iso for the 2 covers by not selling them. So it's not quite a iso profit. But 100 hp for 380 iso is pretty darn good.