** Daken (Dark Avengers) **

Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting some mixed messages above.

Can anyone give a selling amount for the 5/5/0 fully ISOed (level 78) 2* character?
  • A fully leveled (78) Daken sells for 22685 Iso and 450 HP.
    I think I will sell mine and build a new one since I'm HP starved but awash in Iso.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    fpyKb9Nl.png
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for letting me (and us) know!

In summary, a loss of 22685 ISO (not including the cover cost which you'll get back eventually) for a gain of 450HP.

Almost seems worth it...
  • I got two to drop in Lightning Rounds (post-match drops, not tokens) yesterday evening, which was a nice bonus. I'm thinking 5/5/3, for the same reasons my Lazy Daken is 5/5/3: the blue is more a finishing move or pre-strike tile move, not something to build strategy around.
  • This is one of the times this type of deal seems like a good one.

Humm.......

The Wife is at a loss as to how to procede with her roustre with the Mag change and this might get her an ISO infusion to help boost the levels.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I got two to drop in Lightning Rounds (post-match drops, not tokens) yesterday evening, which was a nice bonus. I'm thinking 5/5/3, for the same reasons my Lazy Daken is 5/5/3: the blue is more a finishing move or pre-strike tile move, not something to build strategy around.
    The thing is, 5 in blue is a huge upgrade for 2* Daken, increasing theoretical max damage from ~1k to ~2k. That's pretty amazing for a 2* ability, considering that the Ares does 1380 per 6ap and Wolvie's red is 3175 for 12 ap. In theory, Daken's blue is most definitely worth strategizing around. Unfortunately, in 2* land we are limited to Wolverine as the only other strike tile generator (though wolvie+daken team seems pretty solid now).

Of course, I'm not exactly sure what you'd want to give up for 5 blue. I was thinking that since his strike tile production now has a hard limit of 1, giving up 6 damage per strike tile might be worth it (46 --> 40), and we can see a 4/4/5 build possibility, or even 3/5/5.

Sidenote: I don't look forward to facing high level 2* Dakens in PvE.
  • I would just stick with 5/5/3 like LDaken.

Given how his strike tile generation is now much slower, it takes a much longer time to accumulate enough without another generator to get the most out of it. Yeah, you can do 2K for 5, but it requires you to have 4 strikes, which is 4 green matches. Needing only 2 is a bit more efficient. Also, strike tiles are a valuable resource as they boost your damage output, especially in 2* land with OBW being able to double dip. I don't want to be destroying them if I cannot replenish them at a decent rate.
  • Trisul
    I would just stick with 5/5/3 like LDaken.

Given how his strike tile generation is now much slower, it takes a much longer time to accumulate enough without another generator to get the most out of it. Yeah, you can do 2K for 5, but it requires you to have 4 strikes, which is 4 green matches. Needing only 2 is a bit more efficient. Also, strike tiles are a valuable resource as they boost your damage output, especially in 2* land with OBW being able to double dip. I don't want to be destroying them if I cannot replenish them at a decent rate.
    For me it's about cover opportunity cost. Daken's heal seems still reliable at 4 covers, and I can live with his strike tile damage going down by 6 with 4 covers in purple, whereas going 4 --> 5 purple before r60 was a huge jump in power.
  • I've never levelled him, so I'll just keep the cards... But why can you sell the dakens for gold? Because of the change?
  • Hhmm, from the in-game description for 2* daken, it seems at level5 Black, you need only 6 blue titles on board, which makes me wonder maybe it is good to leave his Black skill at level 4 (7 blue tiles require for heal) ? Then something like 5/4/4 ? or 4/4/5 ?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trisul wrote:
    I would just stick with 5/5/3 like LDaken.

For me it's about cover opportunity cost. Daken's heal seems still reliable at 4 covers, and I can live with his strike tile damage going down by 6 with 4 covers in purple, whereas going 4 --> 5 purple before r60 was a huge jump in power.

Don't forget that the more his Blue skill is used, the less chance of healing that Daken has.
  • Trisul
    You'd use it primarily as a finisher. Healing shouldn't be a factor at that point.
  • I've been using Wolverine** - Daken as a secondary team: the blue strike really speeds up matches; they weren't using blue before, and it's a good green generator. However, the reduction in strike tiles is harder to play around and makes it far worse to match any given strike tile to get/deny red. I'm aiming for 5/5/3.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    2 star team of wolv/daken/mag?

polarity shift can make blues to keep heat and healing going + gather blue for chem reaction.
  • 2 star team of wolv/daken/mag?

polarity shift can make blues to keep heat and healing going + gather blue for chem reaction.

Wolv/daken/X actually, since the first two are sustainable and the third could be any number of characters, most have some synergy. It's how I'm doing the first 500 points in pvp, no health packs needed.
  • For those of you that have completed all of the prologue missions...have you seen your blue daken cover that you got but didn't get?
  • What do you mean? Did we retroactively get a blue cover from Prologue? Nope.
    But I did earn 5 blue covers easily just by playing Versus, so could cover-max Daken in a day since the patch.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    They changed a proloque award to a blue Daken, but only the ones that have not completed that node can get it.

I still haven't gotten one from anywhere. Someday soon though, I hope.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    As long as they keep giving me hp for selling him, I don't think I will have a 2* Daken.