*** Colossus (Classic) ***

Comments

• wymtime wrote:
    SirPhobos wrote:
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if Colossus is a new 4* - Season 6 award, maybe? Unless they've specified his tier already and I missed it... Also hugely possible.

As much as He is Strong enough I think he will be 3*. I have never been huge into comics but I am a huge Marvel fan and Colossus has never been OP in my mind. He seems like he should be a top dog, but never got the following as other X-Men. I think the Dev's waited on releasing more 4* becuase I think they want the 4* to be highly super rare and elite. They hit X-Force as Wolverine is probably the most liked X-Men, but messed up IW as she has poor mechanics and is not that popular. Fury has become iconic becuase of the Marvel movies. I think the next 4* should be a villian and should be Thanos. He is seen as the big enemy in the movies and would have truly massive powers. Colossus as known as he is, is much less relevent and my feeling would be a better 3*.

Season 6 award will be more X-force. They just buffed him and they will want to have more people playing for him.

Thanos is just too powerful though to be converted into a character for MPQ and maintain anywhere near his actual power level.

As a bad guy I'd like to see Silver Surfer during his time as the Herald of Galactus.

Or the Mandarin (not the Iron man movie version) with a "Rings of Power" ability that does extra stuff/damage based on which colours he has X AP of.
    how about spliting him up into diffrent covers ala exodias from yugioh " my team is thanos left pinkie/fury/xforce"
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping he's red/yellow/black. That would be a sweet color combo.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    http://marvel.com/news/video_games/23246/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_colossus

Pretty interesting mechanics. Additional damage when Colossus is in front of the team, jumps in front of the team if one of his countdowns are out, and can temporarily "throw" a teammate, leaving them out of battle for awhile, which uses one of their abilities.

The Hunt PvE starts tomorrow with him as the reward.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I'm hoping he's red/yellow/black. That would be a sweet color combo.

You got your wish!

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2324 ... t_colossus
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure how much we can rely on that article. It also says that X-Force is a Yellow-Red-Black character.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    They got X-Force's colors wrong, and incorrectly said PVP when they meant PVE at the end.

But interesting character. His abilities make sense, though I'm not sure how jumping out in front would work on defense, since the offense gets to choose who they target. Sounds like that ability won't work on defense, unless it locks the characters in place so you can't change targets.

Also, fast ball could be super powerful. If it fires off a random ability without having enough AP for it, you could throw Deadpool and get a 50/50 chance at Whales without ever collecting 14 purple AP. It will be interesting to see how much it costs.
  • Devs aren't talking with each other, or it happened WAY before the R60 patch...hmmm...
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Colossus was confirmed earlier as a 2* character right?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    The PvE to introduce a new character is going to start during the last couple of days of a season? Seriously? icon_e_sad.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    mags1587 wrote:
    The PvE to introduce a new character is going to start during the last couple of days of a season? Seriously? icon_e_sad.gif

It's better than ending during the last days of a season.

This is fine. There's always a PVE going on, so something has to be going on around the end of a season. No biggie.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I'll get at most two covers from PvE, 3 or so from PvP, and the rest next year after they update the drop tables. Got it.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
    Just put up his pre-release info in his discussion thread in the Character Discussion subforum. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15358
  • A tank character sounds absolutely idiotic in the meta of MPQ. The devs clearly don't even play their own game.

Great, Colossus absorbed damage for one match. Now he's out of commission for 4 hours. Do the devs really think the ideal game mechanic is one match every couple hours?

I guess they really do. Force everybody to waste $$$ on shields every few hours, and then on health packs.

Another wonderful character with self damage and a health pack thirst. The devs are consistent if not anything else positive.

Great job continuing to ruin what was once a fun, strategy filled game and turning it into Candy Crush Marvel. When can I expect to ask my friends on facebook for health packs so I can keep playing?
  • IceIX
    Devs aren't talking with each other, or it happened WAY before the R60 patch...hmmm...
    R60 change difference, yes. Originally, X-Force was going to go to Red instead of staying Green.
  • Actually he sounds like a great defencive character.

Him and Hulk are gonna make anyone pause.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Colossus abilites sound interesting. I wonder how much AP each ability will cost. If he is 10k plus health he will be a beast to take down with that yellow power of his. I also did not fully grasp his 2nd power. Is it passive that when he is in front he does AOE damage is it an actually ability, or is it only passive when his yellow is in play? If He does AOE match damage when he is in front he will be a strike tile generators best friend. I think his fastball is going to cost 10-14 AP since he will choose someone to throw. imagine him throwing LThor for CoTS or Deadpool for Whales? He is going to be a strong support character or a meat shield for low health characters. He can protect Hood with Deadpool to make it easier to hit Whales. He can protect GSBW, mohawk Storm, OBW, HT. I think his yellow will make a lot of these other 3* more playable. I hope his mechanics work out and the cost's are not too high.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Hey look! A new character who will get wiped out by Sentry/Hood! I kid, I kid... (not really)
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fastball Special. Colossus, Patch, Beast against Sentry.

Colossus throws Patch, and he's out for two rounds.
    Enemy Sentry World Rupture activates, killing Colossus and Beast.
    What happens after that? A round where nothing happens? Are tossed characters immune to Area of Effect abilities?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Just put up his pre-release info in his discussion thread in the Character Discussion subforum. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15358

He's alive!
  • IceIX
    Fastball Special. Colossus, Patch, Beast against Sentry.

Colossus throws Patch, and he's out for two rounds.
    Enemy Sentry World Rupture activates, killing Colossus and Beast.
    What happens after that? A round where nothing happens? Are tossed characters immune to Area of Effect abilities?
    Yep, nothing happens for a round. It'd be as if Patch was Stunned for that round, but he'd take no damage either.