why are my points goin down in pve?

Options
KrazyKev3
KrazyKev3 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Before i post this in bugs forum, maybe someone can explain this. Why are my "full points" totals going down in the simulator? Normally the enemies levels go up and the max pts u can earn also go up. And it was doing that all through this pve too. Now for like the last 12 hrs or so when i let battles reach full pts, the enemy lvls continue to go up like normal but the battle pts are going down. Last night one battle the enemies were 125 and full pts were like 2500. Now the same battle, enemies are pushin lvl 140 and max pts are 1400. What the hell? Anyone know wats up? Appreciate any help, thanks!

Comments

• How much points you get from a node is dependant on your rank. A current rank 1 player hitting the same node as a current rank 1000 player will get way less points thus allowing low rank ppl to catch up.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The amount of points you get is a base value (which never changes) multiplied by the rubberband effect, which is determined by how many points you are away from the sub leader. The nodes are worth less for you now, because you've gotten closer in points to the leader.
  • "Rubberbanding is based on your current point value compared to the current points leader as explained earlier. For any event there is a value 'X' which determines the rubberbanding bonuses. X seems to change between events, but it's not necessary to know the number, just know how to use it.
    When you are within X points of the leader your rubberbanding bonus is 0, i.e. you only get the base points for the mission. When you are outside 10 times X points from the leader your rubberbanding bonus is 9 times the base points, giving you 10 times the base points for every mission completed.
    In between those two points the rubberbanding multiplier drops linearly. So if you were 2 times X points away from the leader your points per mission would be doubled, 3 times X back would be tripled and so on.
    When you are in the 10x bonus, or in no bonus, the order you undertake missions does not affect your point return. While in the middle where your multiplier is declining though it is important that you attempt the highest base value missions first. This gives you the best ratio of bonous points earned to base points used.
    As a corollary it is generally good to do low value missions in the 10x bonus phase when you think you are close to that 10 times X value. This means that once the bonus does start to drop you can move on to your highest value missions without wasting too much of the multiplier available."

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5304