4* battle! Who's better, Fury or Xforce?!

Options
2»

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does Fury still have his multiple matched traps glitch? If that's even a glitch. Being able to down 2 characters instantly from matching 2 traps together is just crazy.
  • X-Force : cheaper cost and direct damage.
    Against fury,both x-force and surgical strike have big chance to disarm demolition.

My exp from several battles : fury's not too scary if not maxed, I've once beat 270 fury, with sentry/laken.
    With the same team,recently lost twice against X-Force 220 and 200.

this is oot but X-Force+Fury.. now this is skip guarantee.lol.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing about X-Forces Black if Black is the primary color for the other team. 1st that means you are probably going against Punisher since he is the only character with black as primary. #2 if you are hitting Punisher and you get 11 Black back and kill Punisher the other teams strongest color will then switch and you will be able to use X-Forces black again and get another color. I would also guess that since Black had just been depleted there would be more than 11 of the other teams strongest color on the board so it will do even more damage. I think X-force is best just making sure you pair him with strong other characters to double dip on his black, while Fury you have to manage your your AP to maximize his yellow.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Black does not generate AP?

Says black generates AP for the tiles destroyed at level 5. If you mean why I said enemy black is bad, let's assume they have 11 black tiles so your black will do about 3000 damage and get you 11 black AP. However now that there are no black tiles left on the board the next black does 0 damage. I saw a suggestion for going X Force + Black Panther, but beyond the fact that Black Panther is still not quite top 5 right now, you still have to end up with 12 black AP. That is, if there are 11 black tiles and you have 11 black AP, you use black and get 11 AP back, but now there are no black tiles left on the entire board so you probably can't get your 12th black AP for a while. You'd essentially still have to use it as if you only have Rage of the Panther unless you're sitting on a ton of black such that using 11 black AP still leaves you with 12 left after the cascade, though that in case you probably should just go for 2 Rage of the Panthers.

That is assuming the first surgical strike did not down the enemy. If it does, then you can steal a another color assuming the strongest color is no longer black. So If they have Punisher/Thor/Daken, you kill Punisher with surgical strike and get 11 black in your example, that means when you cast surgical strike again, red is now the strongest color and you will destroy those tiles and generate red AP. If Punisher is not killed, then you are correct, it won't do any damage on the second cast, or very little until black is back on the board.
  • Sorry I hadn't read far enough down to see that at 5 covers it generates ap, that is intense. Now we all need to memorize which color each opponent team will generate. (Ha, I said we like I will have a 5 black x-force this year)