Heroic Pack Percentages

Options
rbdragon
rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I haven't opened my 10 pack or a bunch of tokens yet - I'm waiting for them to add Cap Marvel and Deadpool.....

I wanted to check figures for myself to see what the issue for them is in regards to adding new characters - thinking it really shouldn't be that difficult to set up the code so X stars = Y%/Z covers.

As it sits currently, the rate to get the covers in heroics are the following (According to the game itself):
  • 1 Token:
    • 4* - 2.4% (3 at .8%)
    • 3* - 14.1% (18 at .7%, 3 at .5%)
    • 2* - 84% (11 at 7.2%, 1 at 4.8%)
  • 10 & 40 Pack:
    • 4* - 3% (3 at 1%)
    • 3* - 18% (18 at .9%, 3 at .6%)
    • 2* - 79.3% (11 at 6.8%, 1 at 4.5%)

But would it really be that difficult or so player advantageous to tweak the numbers to add in new characters?

My proposed change:
  • 1 Token:
    • 4* - 2.2% (3 at .7333333333%)
    • 3* - 18% (22 at .75%, 3 at .5% - this includes Beast already, but I know that's unreasonable since they lose that month of people buying those fantastic Beast covers... icon_lol.gif )
    • 2* - 79.8% (12 at 6.3%, 1 at 4.2% - based on a rate of 2.11/cover available, including Bag-Man)
  • 10 & 40 Pack:
    • 4* - 2.96% (3 at .986666666%)
    • 3* - 24.84% (22 at 1.035%, 3 at .69%)
    • 2* - 72.2% (12 at 5.7%, 1 at 3.8%)

Keep the base numbers the same. Adding new characters lowers the percentages of a specific cover you get, but doesn't change the chances of getting a specific type of cover. As the pool increases too much, re-adjust the base numbers accordingly. It doesn't have to be a massive change, but there are currently four 3* characters not there: She-Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel and Beast. Three of these characters have been around for months.

Come on already.....

Comments

• Adam12
    Adam12 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's a bit puzzling why they won't increase the percentage of 3 star drops from heroic tokens. There are more than double the number of three star characters there were at the beginning of the year; increasing the drop rates by a couple of percent isn't going to help players max characters faster than they did several months ago.
  • Fixing Token %'s is NOT complicated. There have been a hundred viable suggestions on how to do it in this forum. I mean it's just MATH for tinykitty sake.
    Yet D3 always gives some **** answer on why they won't do it. My favorite has been something along the lines of "it's too confusing for new players".