Point loss despite shield HAS TO STOP

Options
Seriously, what's up with that? Why in the kitten's name do I lose points two minutes after I've shielded? What's the point of a shield (which I pay for, I might remind you) when it doesn't work?

Yes, yes, I know server response thing. Still, please fix that. It's more than annoying. I just ended up with barely more than I started out with during a shield hop, thanks to that. Now I can break shield soon to hop again ad pay for another bloody shield. Thanks for that, evil kitty that's behind this. icon_evil.gif

Comments

• windfallstar
    Options
    This just happened to me. I wouldn't be as bothered if they would refund the cost of the shield.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I will concur that normal methods of ensuring that your shield is properly deployed are no longer effective as lag between the server and client prevents communication of incoming attacks from properly displaying. The incidence of mismatched node-screen score and leaderboard score has greatly increased; The former is client generated, the latter is server generated.

The client should determine shielded vs non-shielded, not the server. An incoming attack should be processed by the client to determine whether or not any point loss should occur.