Your Hood/Sentry team is doing you proud

Options
GuntherBlobel
GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Lots of these out in Blind Justice worth 50 pts to me. When I look at Hood, I giggle, and think "Squishy!"

I've lost 3 out of 4 times. Well played. I'm not mad, I'm actually bemused because I don't think I've ever lost three games straight before. (You'd think I'd learn my lesson).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that your Sentry is using Sacrifice just before WR goes off and that your Hood is using his level 5 Intimidate to make them all go off a turn early. Just like you would! I've never seen the AI play a team this well.

Anyone got advice on this team?

Comments

• xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone got advice on this team?
    To counter them? Use your own max Hood/Sentry team, insert your AP boosts and cross your fingers. icon_lol.gif
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thoughts, but no advice. I need good help, as well.

-I like to run CMags and LazyDake against Hood/Sentry. If I can't stop YourMammo'sCloak, I can run abilities that need little (CMags red/blue) or no (Daken green) AP.

If I can't stop Sacrifice or World Rupture, I can cover them with shield tiles to minimize the damage.
  • I think OBW + Juggernaut + Daken (or most good 3* would work) should work fine. You can always get the purple back via Espionage and then get everything back with AR. An early Headbutt should put the Hood away.
  • GuntherBlobel
    Options
    BearVenger wrote:
    Thoughts, but no advice. I need good help, as well.

-I like to run CMags and LazyDake against Hood/Sentry. If I can't stop YourMammo'sCloak, I can run abilities that need little (CMags red/blue) or no (Daken green) AP.

If I can't stop Sacrifice or World Rupture, I can cover them with shield tiles to minimize the damage.
    CMags makes perfect sense. Thanks!
  • Without playing sentry hood yourself, I really like Cmags against that team as obviously his blue is a real MVP. I actually quite like playing him with punisher when I want a break from patchneto.. Once mags is nerfed tho I really don't know, I guess it will be if you can't beat em, join em.
  • GuntherBlobel
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I think OBW + Juggernaut + Daken (or most good 3* would work) should work fine. You can always get the purple back via Espionage and then get everything back with AR. An early Headbutt should put the Hood away.
    If anyone runs Sentry in Balance of Power I will definitely have my revenge. The problem is that I'm relying on Daredevil to one shot Sentry in Blind Justice. That is just wishful thinking.
  • I don't think Sentry is going to be as overpowered in this event because you got Juggernaut who can literally rip up Sentry's support in one Headbutt, and with everyone being level 270 by default you can also run OBW who is probably the best in the game in AP denial, and Anti-Grav can actually stall for a long time against WR.
  • This is what you should do...

SKIP
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate to say it but, Spider-Man.
  • I experienced the perfect World Rupture today as well against me.

Though I was full boost, I lost against AI. That was the first time, I was surprised. So it's not a coincidence.

The devs have worked on this icon_e_biggrin.gif

Cool to see they spend time on this.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bring a 5 black hulk along with a TU of Unstoppable crash, and Godlike power. You can destroy enough CD tiles from WR to survive and then get Angry and HULK... THUNDEROUS CRASH.... icon_question.gif
  • BearVenger
    Options
    That does make me think Ragnarok would also be a good counter. His moves at max coverage also only ring 5 AP, and at a high enough level, could wallop Hood and cascade or crush Sentry's tiles.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    BearVenger wrote:
    That does make me think Ragnarok would also be a good counter. His moves at max coverage also only ring 5 AP, and at a high enough level, could wallop Hood and cascade or crush Sentry's tiles.
    Rags has both his moves at 6 AP.

Another counter not mentioned: cStorm. If the AI indeed manages a perfect World Rupture-Sacrifice combo, cStorm will go nuclear once enough tiles resolve (she will obliterate the enemy team long before every tile resolves, just be careful and have someone tank for her, like BP or Spidey).
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Another counter not mentioned: cStorm. If the AI indeed manages a perfect World Rupture-Sacrifice combo, cStorm will go nuclear once enough tiles resolve (she will obliterate the enemy team long before every tile resolves, just be careful and have someone tank for her, like BP or Spidey).

I'll have to try her at high level Simulator when things devolve to Sentry/Hood/X

I had been countering with my own Sentry/Hood/Daken, but both Daken and Hood are around lvl100. Sentry himself is the only damage dealer, and the other are so squishy as to prompt a retaliatory strike. With Sentry/Hood/Storm, I bet I'd either get defensive retaliatory wins (the best kind) or less retaliation. Nice pro-tip!
  • If your DD is a high enough level use CMags, get enough Blue together for Mags then fire off ambush. You then, hopefully, set up a blue 4 match that will cross the ambush tile. Don't make the match (obviously), target Sentry and make a match that doesn't screw up your new trap.

The AI can't resist 4 matches and it'll fire off ambush and sentry goes boom.

This all assumes you don't want to go sentry, hood, boosts.
  • BearVenger
    Options
    That's a fun trick, but you're looking at needing a 12AP surplus for only a 2-6 turn stun.

In the meantime, you're fighting off a hypothetical Hood, who's going for your AP like a Hamburglar.

(Edit: Oh, Ambush. Never mind, it's 7 red and 5-7 blue AP. Still tough to fend off Hood while hanging onto AP for a favorable random location.)