*** Beast (Classic) ***

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noticed the art. Isn't his latest mutation. I won't be using him much.
  • So Beast's Best Buddy is going to be Falcon then, yea? Boost those tiles. Which leaves Red/Black on the color chart, Punisher or Human Torch for a pretty solid team?
  • At first glance, his power set seems similar to that of She-Hulk. They both have an aoe damage/board shake ability, a (most likely not "true") healing ability, and some sort of gimmicky special tile ability. If the healing ability provides fake healing, then that would probably be 3 while the other two are 5/5, but I guess we'll see soon enough.
  • Copy pasted from General:

My initial impression of him is that he won't end up being top/high tier: green is the most contested color in the game, his blue is probably going to be mediocre like defense grid if it doesn't either cost less than 6 and/or have a 1 turn CD, and I doubt his yellow is true healing. We'll have to see what the numbers look like on the abilities, but just the fact that his main offensive ability is green (which is bad since theres too many good green guys) and his yellow ability is healing (which is bad since yellow is a desired color but non-true healing abilities are generally not very playable as She-Hulk green indicates) doesn't bode well for him. He's probably going to end up like She-Hulk (both have an AoE ability, a healing ability, and a utility ability) except instead of being low tier, he'll end up in mid tier because his utility ability is playable without having to have the opponent have strike tiles on the board.

NorthernPolarity,

Just want to say I read your guide like 3 times. I say that just so you know that respect your opinion a lot before I offer my own. It seems like from the interview linked on facebook that Mutagenic Breakthrough (Blue) is supposed to be his main ability even though it's not offensive (kind of like She-Hulk), I guess. So if it is mediocre, he's doomed. But I'm betting it will be his best ability, since it's supposed to create Attack, Protect, and Strike tiles, and since the other abilities are supposed to get better if he's already used that ability. So if he's not terrible, it will probably be a cheap ability. Just my two cents.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like they went with Classic. His cover is from the same set of interlocking covers that C.Mags uses.
  • Seems like a fun one to play, at least. He synergizes well with himself so there's play to figuring out move sequencing. I like that.

Probably not high-tier because, well, countdown-tile-centric characters are not known for being particularly high power level. But that's fine.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    ok, i'm sorry, but his healing should be true healing. He's a f-ing doctor for kitty's sake!! Doesn't that qualify as actually healing your teammates?
  • Nellyson wrote:
    ok, i'm sorry, but his healing should be true healing. He's a f-ing doctor for kitty's sake!! Doesn't that qualify as actually healing your teammates?

better yet maybe he should be able to give a burst of healing that can go beyond the max hp level. Or since he is a doctor, shouldnt the healing come right when you get attacked? sort of like deadpool's black. Instant recovery after an attack that exceeds a certain threshold dmg. Would be a better fit imo
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    His best build looks like his best build will be 5,5,3. I hope his Blue CD will drop from 3 to 2 or 1. a 3 turn CD tile will just take too long to get out. His Green looks like it could be a decent AOE, but will really need the blue tiles out to be strong. For a offensive game 11 yellow is just too expensive for some health and a protect tile. I think a good partner for him will be BP. Beasts Blue and Green with BP yellow and black. It might be a lttle too slow for the way the game is now, but would give good rainbow coverage. He looks 2nd tier to me.
  • Not sure if I'm reading it right, but I think the special version of his green (when you have a blue cd tile out) does damage one at a time per tile destroyed? If so, then it would be strong when you have some strike tiles out, similar to world rupture, though I'm not sure if the number of tiles destroyed increases with more covers (just 3 is too few)
  • OnesOwnGrief
    flnn1 wrote:
    Not sure if I'm reading it right, but I think the special version of his green (when you have a blue cd tile out) does damage one at a time per tile destroyed? If so, then it would be strong when you have some strike tiles out, similar to world rupture, though I'm not sure if the number of tiles destroyed increases with more covers (just 3 is too few)
    Destroyed tiles do increased damage. Not sure if that's in addition to the usual amount done by destroyed tiles normally or just the listed amount. Destroyed tiles also don't double up on strike tiles like countdowns do.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    flnn1 wrote:
    Not sure if I'm reading it right, but I think the special version of his green (when you have a blue cd tile out) does damage one at a time per tile destroyed?

I don't think so. Tile destruction skills are simultaneous. See C.Mags red/HT red/Juggs' Green/Rag's Green.

I have a Q of my own. Are his Green and Yellow skills dependent on his Blue's CD, or will any special blue tile work?
  • flnn1 wrote:
    Not sure if I'm reading it right, but I think the special version of his green (when you have a blue cd tile out) does damage one at a time per tile destroyed? If so, then it would be strong when you have some strike tiles out, similar to world rupture, though I'm not sure if the number of tiles destroyed increases with more covers (just 3 is too few)
    Destroyed tiles do increased damage. Not sure if that's in addition to the usual amount done by destroyed tiles normally or just the listed amount. Destroyed tiles also don't double up on strike tiles like countdowns do.
    I see, I didn't realize that. Then his powers seem a bit mediocre for me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what he looks like when maxed
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    jim1200 wrote:
    Looks like colossus will also be added at some time in the future too.

That would be great! Was he hinted at by the developers somewhere?
  • His green and yellow powers only state "friendly blue special tile" so I'm assuming it can work for any blue special tile of anyone on your team
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    jim1200 wrote:

Yeah, it was in an interview when they were describing Beast. It's towards the bottom.
    http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2014 ... uest_beast
  • OnesOwnGrief
    flnn1 wrote:
    His green and yellow powers only state "friendly blue special tile" so I'm assuming it can work for any blue special tile of anyone on your team
    That would cover Beast, Cap, Psylocke, Black Panther, Magneto (Both), Hawkeye (Modern), and Invisible Woman. All characters who drop blue special tiles 100% of the time.
  • Tagstar87
    orbitalint wrote:
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    jim1200 wrote:

Yeah, it was in an interview when they were describing Beast. It's towards the bottom.
    http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2014 ... uest_beast

Thanks! He was my favorite X-Man growing up.

**Spoiler Alert??** I did NOT enjoy watching him die multiple times in "Days of Future Past" though you could say that about any X-Man in that movie icon_eek.gif
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    You forgot "spoilers" at the beginning of that post, lol. But yes, I agree - the quiet giant is one of my favorites too. Hoping to see Nightcrawler soon but I'll take Beast and big C as a start.

Edit: Haha, you beat me to it!
  • Tagstar87
    orbitalint wrote:
    You forgot "spoilers" at the beginning of that post, lol. But yes, I agree - the quiet giant is one of my favorites too. Hoping to see Nightcrawler soon but I'll take Beast and big C as a start.

Edit: Haha, you beat me to it!

Lol I know, it was bugging me as I walked away from computer so had to come right back and add the alert!!