*** Beast (Classic) ***

Comments

• themoneymaker
    themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I saw someone mention cable somewhere and it made me think when they do release him deadpools gotta be involved in the event, with dialogue... And explosions
  • My prediction is Blink, with the ability to expand team-up effect to character skills on your roster.

If she can also prevent AI from using World Rupture every match, I foresee a lot of money being spent on leveling up icon_e_smile.gif
  • My prediction is Blink, with the ability to expand team-up effect to character skills on your roster.

If she can also prevent AI from using World Rupture every match, I foresee a lot of money being spent on leveling up icon_e_smile.gif

Wholeheartedly agree. Her unique power set has the potential to spice things up in the game and if she were to serve as a veritable Sentry "achilles heel", I would imagine a majority of players scrambling to obtain her covers. Sounds like a fun and lucrative concept to me. icon_e_wink.gif
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    My prediction is Blink, with the ability to expand team-up effect to character skills on your roster.

Ah, so it's Blink who is helping the AI use team ups of themselves!
  • eidehua wrote:
    My prediction is Blink, with the ability to expand team-up effect to character skills on your roster.

Ah, so it's Blink who is helping the AI use team ups of themselves!

Brilliant, Watson! icon_lol.gif Glad to know I'm not the only one who has been experiencing that.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bump .. might soon find out more.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    only power i can think of he might have.
    Rage of the Beast: Cost: 10 Red - Beast attacks you in a rage, digging his claws into you and leaving you bleeding(does 3300 damage, adds an attack tile to the board that does 234 damage/turn)

i think it's in line with other powers of similar damage and i like the idea of DoT powers, i'd rather have it be a proper DoT power but an attack tile would do just as well.
  • I wonder why they would first add such comparably unpopular characters such as Beast when they are still missing some of the obvious fan favorites such as Gambit, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler, Mystique, Colossus and Jean Grey :O
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    LnD-Rash wrote:
    I wonder why they would first add such comparably unpopular characters such as Beast when they are still missing some of the obvious fan favorites such as Gambit, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler, Mystique, Colossus and Jean Grey :O

They seem to be focusing on the Avengers. Wolverine, Storm and Beast have all been Avengers. Emma Frost would make sense as she's a part of the Cabal (and Dark Reign hasn't ended yet) but they may be waiting until they can add her as a hero, as there seems to be some kind of hero/villain bit on each character. Unrelated, I wonder if that's why there isn't a Noh-Varr: Dark Avenger's Captain Marvel as a two star? There really should be one, but I doubt they'd back-track now that they've added Carol.

We should be due for a character that effectively neutralizes Sentry, as that would fit in with the devs' usual meta of releasing "new and shiny" overpowered characters, letting them run wild for awhile dominating all to encourage players to build that character and sink resources into them, and then releasing a new hard counter character to that overpowered character to become the new "must-have" character on everyone's roster.

Rinse, cycle, repeat, ad infinitum.

Easy counter for Sentry for the new character:

-- Copy/pasta Marvel's Photonic Blasts...

Power Name: [Random energy/element-like adjective][Random noun for an attack]
    Cost: 7 Blue (Or any color that is not Sentry's Red/Green/Yellow)
    Effect: Exact same as Photonic Blasts, except replace "destroy protect tiles" with "destroy countdown tiles". Thus, 5 covers in whatever this power is called wipes WR off the board.

The character could be extraordinarily weak (a la post double nerf Spider-Man) and everyone would still have to build that character to be able to counter Sentry.

If boosts become fully retired in favor of team-ups, a cheap power like this would wreck the current Sentry-bombing meta.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards

Props to Nonce for deducing the next char!
    Lots of teasers in that article. Nice find!

Shame that his yellow is a team heal ability.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:

Props to Nonce for deducing the next char!
    Lots of teasers in that article. Nice find!

Shame that his yellow is a team heal ability.

Yea as soon as I saw that...pfft True Healing, yuck!
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    To pull the relevant info for the character section:
    So how that manifests in the game is that he has his first ability, Mutagenic Breakthrough, where he creates Countdown Tiles that then create special Protect, Strike Tiles, or Attack Tiles. Once he has those Blue Countdown Tiles on the board, his other abilities can do extra stuff. When they aren’t on the field his other abilities still do things, but when the Blue Tiles are out he’s actually able to bring out more damaging or more effective attacks and help for his team.

His next ability, Animal Inside, is based around Green Tiles. It’s normally an area of effect attack so he attacks the entire enemy team, but if there are Blue Tiles on the board then he also blows up random tiles along with that and then deals damage for each of those other attacks. So he shakes up the board, destroys tiles, and deals more damage with his attacks.

And then his final ability is more supportive. It’s called Medical Marvel because, obviously, he’s Beast and he’s kind of the X-Men’s medic as well as everything else. Normally he’ll heal the player’s team and then if there’s Blue Tiles on the board he also drops a gadget on the board that creates a special Protect Tile, so he protects the team along with his healing.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2014 ... z3BjZv74sx
  • jim1200
    jim1200 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Looks like colossus will also be added at some time in the future too.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Copy pasted from General:

My initial impression of him is that he won't end up being top/high tier: green is the most contested color in the game, his blue is probably going to be mediocre like defense grid if it doesn't either cost less than 6 and/or have a 1 turn CD, and I doubt his yellow is true healing. We'll have to see what the numbers look like on the abilities, but just the fact that his main offensive ability is green (which is bad since theres too many good green guys) and his yellow ability is healing (which is bad since yellow is a desired color but non-true healing abilities are generally not very playable as She-Hulk green indicates) doesn't bode well for him. He's probably going to end up like She-Hulk (both have an AoE ability, a healing ability, and a utility ability) except instead of being low tier, he'll end up in mid tier because his utility ability is playable without having to have the opponent have strike tiles on the board.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    My guess would be that Beast's Mutagenic Breakthrough would create (at least) 1 each of Protect, Strike, Attack tiles per countdown at level 5. Or I'm reading that wrong and you get the protect tiles from Medical Marvel by having Mutagenic Breakthrough countdown tiles out, which leaves Strike/Attack tiles from somewhere.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    So, given how useful healing skills are currently in the game, his best build is 5/5/3, right? icon_e_wink.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I guess it would depend on how "special" that protect tile is.

[edit]Maybe's it is a protect tile that provides constant team healing while out.