**** Wolverine (X-Force) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• Yes, but until that happens I plan to continue to point and laugh.

I seriously want to know what happened in the design meetings that resulted in the existing 4* tile match damage levels. Or the powers. Or pretty much anything.
  • I think they didn't want to get chastised over the game being overtly pay2win. But people will find a way to do that in every f2p no matter what.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    See him in No Holds Barred right now -- L226 4* Wolvie, L112 Rag, L85 C Storm.

Only 17 points, but going to do it just for the fun of it.

Edit: Got dicey simply because I started the match with two characters badly hurt. But it wasn't any different chunking through him than it it through a boosted Doom or Rags. What a waste of ISOs...

U kinda just compared a non boosted 4* to a boosted 3*.
    Doesn't that mean he's right where he should be?
  • Zathrus wrote:
    But it wasn't any different chunking through him than it it through a boosted Doom or Rags. What a waste of ISOs...

I think Zathrus is only referring to his health... his abilities don't stack up against a 3* let alone a boosted 3*
  • Zathrus wrote:
    See him in No Holds Barred right now -- L226 4* Wolvie, L112 Rag, L85 C Storm.

Only 17 points, but going to do it just for the fun of it.

Edit: Got dicey simply because I started the match with two characters badly hurt. But it wasn't any different chunking through him than it it through a boosted Doom or Rags. What a waste of ISOs...

His health is fine. It's nearly 3x that of the 2* Wolverine. That seems reasonable. Excepting that he doesn't really heal.

His tile match and powers suck. It's not at all scary.
  • His color tile damage at lvl85 should be at least equivalent to the other 2* star characters and between lvl85 - lvl141 his tile damage should be equivalent to the 3* characters. Beyond lvl141, I'll leave that to the game designers. This change would go a long way to getting me to level the guy and just plain use him. Right now he's worthless considering his rarity and cost to upgrade.
  • i'd beat him out of spite because there's no way they didn't spend at least $150 on it
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about a boosted Wolverine, with 27984 hit points, and doing 6939 damage with enraged slash. Each X-force adds 585 points of strike tiles, and he heals 13878 hit points at a time. Each red match-3 does 558 damage. Is that enough to cause anyone to avoid him?
  • How about a boosted Wolverine, with 27984 hit points, and doing 6939 damage with enraged slash. Each X-force adds 585 points of strike tiles, and he heals 13878 hit points at a time. Each red match-3 does 558 damage. Is that enough to cause anyone to avoid him?

Not really. With red rags / yellow Thor / green storm c there's pretty much no gaps ever.
  • How about a boosted Wolverine, with 27984 hit points, and doing 6939 damage with enraged slash. Each X-force adds 585 points of strike tiles, and he heals 13878 hit points at a time. Each red match-3 does 558 damage. Is that enough to cause anyone to avoid him?

Not really. With red rags / yellow Thor / green storm c there's pretty much no gaps ever.

Yeah, you believe that if you want. What Nonce suggests is far too overpowered -- you're one shotting max level 3*s at that point.

The best idea I've seen yet is having his yellow countdown not disappear if he dies, and resurrect him if it reaches 0. Increase his tile damage, make his other skills actually useful by dramatically lowering their AP (and modestly improving the strike tiles), and he'd actually be viable.
  • From yesterday's patch:

- Wolverine (X-Force)'s Recovery hasn't been working to his satisfaction, so Logan has worked so that it properly counts the number of Yellow AP. Functionality is unchanged but Agents should notice a generally higher value of healing.

Oh, so he is satisfied with his green and red powers... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just a tweak. They noticed his yellow power wasn't working as designed. We never noticed as players because he needs a serious revamp before we'd use him long enough to manage to get out a healing countdown tile, not get it destroyed before it goes off, and notice that it didn't heal enough. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I just got a wolverine out of a standard pack with his green power, concidering it costs 15 ap I expect to be powerful but 4 damage per stike tile is pathetic for a level 30 character. Not even worth it.
  • Mabey he would be better as a buffed character in a tournament/event then you could see his full potential. I generaly avoid anyone with over level 90 characters, that's because I have no one over 70.
  • Had mine since launch pretty much. One single cover. Completely useless. He sits there with Yelena.
  • Currently have a 3/3/1 xforce with another green waiting in the wings. Should I sell it and maintain possibility for an ideal build down the line? I feel like 5/5/3 is his ideal build currently but that's not saying much.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Currently have a 3/3/1 xforce with another green waiting in the wings. Should I sell it and maintain possibility for an ideal build down the line? I feel like 5/5/3 is his ideal build currently but that's not saying much.

So you should use the green then, or did you mean you have a yellow waiting?
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Currently have a 3/3/1 xforce with another green waiting in the wings. Should I sell it and maintain possibility for an ideal build down the line? I feel like 5/5/3 is his ideal build currently but that's not saying much.

So you should use the green then, or did you mean you have a yellow waiting?

I have a green waiting and I think it would make sense towards his current optimal build at 5/5/3 to use it but I kind of feel like they are gonna redesign him at some point and 5/5/3 may no longer be optimal. If it ends up being 3/5/5 I would screw myself.

Not like I'd use him at 4/3/1 anyways. I think I may have just convinced myself to just sell
  • My 4*wolverine is at lvl66 now but the strike tiles r still doing only 7 damage each. Does anyone know if this is a bug or what?
  • matcom wrote:
    My 4*wolverine is at lvl66 now but the strike tiles r still doing only 7 damage each. Does anyone know if this is a bug or what?

It isn't. He has underwhelming strike tile damage. 17 at level 243
This discussion has been closed.