Max Health Packs

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm super stingy with my health packs and just noticed that I'm at 99. Is it caped there and i didn't notice or can i go 100+? Thanks

Comments

• I thought the same thing when I was approaching 100 health packs. I'm currently sitting at 133 health packs though so 100 isn't the max. 999 possibly? icon_eek.gif
  • Nice. Thanks. I'm thinking of opening an Urgent Care with all of these medpacks... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Pretty sure the Health Packs are either MAXINT (65535) or MAXDOUBLE (4.2 billion). IE, you're not likely going to reach that in this lifetime without lots of incoming gifts and possibly a bunch of Health Pack purchases.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Pretty sure the Health Packs are either MAXINT (65535) or MAXDOUBLE (4.2 billion). IE, you're not likely going to reach that in this lifetime without lots of incoming gifts and possibly a bunch of Health Pack purchases.

My immediate question is... why are you using 16-bit integers?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    My immediate question is... why are you using 16-bit integers?
    I'm not 100% sure they are actually. I haven't delved into the code there for a long while.
  • ShavedDome
    ShavedDome Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    My question is: how do I get so I don't need them as much? I never seem to have an excess of them and am always having to wait for them to regen. Is it just just that I am fighting out of my league too much?
  • Get a spidey or **widow. You'll never need health packs again.
  • I still need packs even with a maxed widow and a partially upgraded spidey, but I suppose I'm hitting out of my league because that's where the most points are available in PVP.
  • ShavedDome wrote:
    My question is: how do I get so I don't need them as much? I never seem to have an excess of them and am always having to wait for them to regen. Is it just just that I am fighting out of my league too much?

You answered your own question icon_e_smile.gif

That, and you must not have a Classic Spidey...
  • finwe wrote:
    Get a spidey or **widow. You'll never need health packs again.

Not entirely true... (says the person who just used one to resurrect his L107 Spidey).
  • With a good widow or spidey you won't need them as much. You will still need them sometimes. And if you use wolvie try to keep track of the opponents ap and make him tank when Thor (for example) is about to unload a mjolnir. The AI is so predictable. Wolvie should still be alive after the hit if he is high enough level and then can heal up the damage. And even if wolvie is downed, ten minute revive time and a couple of runs through an easy prologue mission heals him to full strength. Its all about tactics man!
  • Okay guys... I'm mystified here. Help me out. I play on my phone, a Galaxy S4. My limit is 5 health packs. Yes you generally get a few here and there as a reward but how do you get anywhere near 100? Do you get more on the computer version?

Also... really need to figure out how to work on this Spidey healing thing...
  • DrWhovian wrote:
    Yes you generally get a few here and there as a reward but how do you get anywhere near 100? Do you get more on the computer version?

No, it's the same there. You get more by... simply not using them.

You can get them as daily login bonuses, and they were rife in the 2nd Red ISO-8 a few weeks ago. Plus they could be shared via Facebook, and both The Hunt and The Hulk have them as awards in the main series.
  • Thanks for the response...guess I need to just save them up and use Spidey to heal.
  • Yeah they passed them out like flyers on the Vegas strip a little while ago. Not so much anymore though. After that red Iso event i was at like 85. I've goten more from event drops and daily rewards since and i only use maybe a couple a week. A good healer and patience goes a long way to saving them up. When Thor takes some damage, I throw Original Black Widow in for a round or two as my third and use a blue boost which lets me get of a couple heals before the end of the round. Spidey works great too but its a bit tougher if his blue isn't high enough (mine is still a level one blue). And if a character is downed, use a different squad or walk away for a few hours. Make some progress and take some damage before bed, get healed up by the morning. Lots of little things like that helps you save up. That being said, its going to be tough to get a good stockpile unless they have an event where you can score a lot of them again. Then you squirrel those things away like nuts for the winter
  • If you're not using them to rez a downed cover, then what, exactly, are you squirreling them away for?