Frequently Asked Questions

Comments

• budman59
    budman59 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Hi hope someone can help me. I have always been told the only stupid question is the one you never ask. So here goes. Is the shield simulator a PvP event? The only reason I am asking is that I hardly ever see anyone playing it. Thanks for your time and help
  • budman59 wrote:
    Hi hope someone can help me. I have always been told the only stupid question is the one you never ask. So here goes. Is the shield simulator a PvP event? The only reason I am asking is that I hardly ever see anyone playing it. Thanks for your time and help
    Yes

Thanks ghost wolf
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    budman59 wrote:
    Yes, SHIELD Sim is PVP. The reason you barely see anyone play it is twofold:
    1. Each SHIELD Sim lasts for an entire season (~25 days), while normal PVPs last for 2.5 days. There's no rush to get points until the final week.
    2. There are no placement rewards, no alliance rewards, and veterans generally only care about the 2300 & 2400 progression rewards.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    HailMary wrote:
    budman59 wrote:
    Yes, SHIELD Sim is PVP. The reason you barely see anyone play it is twofold:
    1. Each SHIELD Sim lasts for an entire season (~25 days), while normal PVPs last for 2.5 days. There's no rush to get points until the final week.
    2. There are no placement rewards, no alliance rewards, and veterans generally only care about the 2300 & 2400 progression rewards.
    3. The SHIELD Sim points count towards your points in the Season, so it's not that they are ignored, but are more often a 2nd or 3rd priority for most players. Certainly worth the time and effort, but if you go too high too soon, you start to look awfully juicy to those of us who are climbing up behind you.
  • Hi! I was playing Marvel Puzzle Quest on my phone but my phone broke... I got a new phone and now all my data is gone. I remember the name in my other account and phone on the game and I'm even part of an alliance but I don't wanna have to start all over since I've already made so much progress. Is there a way to open my old account in my phone or restore the setting from the game into my new phone? It's an android. Thank you so much icon_e_smile.gif
  • Hi! I was playing Marvel Puzzle Quest on my phone but my phone broke... I got a new phone and now all my data is gone. I remember the name in my other account and phone on the game and I'm even part of an alliance but I don't wanna have to start all over since I've already made so much progress. Is there a way to open my old account in my phone or restore the setting from the game into my new phone? It's an android. Thank you so much icon_e_smile.gif

Send a ticket to Customer service, using the little envelope icon on the front page, and tell them all this. If you backed up to facebook you could also load up that "save."
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if I'm on Android, does linking the game to my Google Play Games account back me up too, or does it have to be Facebook?
  • So if I'm on Android, does linking the game to my Google Play Games account back me up too, or does it have to be Facebook?

Facebook is the only way to do it without customer service getting involved.
  • Is the LineApp Alliance's keep mentioning for chat, the one that is on Playstore with just that name..
    If so out of interest why are people using this rather than the in-game chat. What are the advantages?
  • Is the LineApp Alliance's keep mentioning for chat, the one that is on Playstore with just that name..
    If so out of interest why are people using this rather than the in-game chat. What are the advantages?
    The in-game chat is bad, simply put. It only allows up to 50 messages, it is unconventional (reads from bottom to up), it uses white font on a very light background, it doesn't support swipe features on Android phones, it doesn't allow you to PM members (even of your own alliance), it doesn't have exact timestamps, just ~7 hours ago and the like. LINE is free, supports all platforms, has nice design and options, you can PM any person as long as you have their LINE ID, it saves all chats, not sure for how long, but thousands of messages easily, and you can set it up so that you only get notifications for PMs and not group chats, as those tend to be quite active.
    I asked Ice if there are plans to improve the in-game chat when he was answering game-related questions, but did not receive a reply. I recommend using ANY 3rd party app over the in-game chat, though, if you want better alliance organization and communication.
  • Thanks makes sense.
  • Hey guys,
    Just had a question.
    I've recently got myself a new phone and was wondering how do I go about transferring my current progress to the new phone?

Any help would be appreciated, I may need a little extra tuition on the method as I haven't had a great deal of experience with this game before.

Cheers

Rob
  • buzzdog wrote:
    Hey guys,
    Just had a question.
    I've recently got myself a new phone and was wondering how do I go about transferring my current progress to the new phone?

Any help would be appreciated, I may need a little extra tuition on the method as I haven't had a great deal of experience with this game before.

Cheers

Rob
    The answer is literally this page, a posts up
  • The answer is literally this page, a posts up

I've gone through the posts and I believe I've saved my game correctly to facebook using my old phone as it now says 'Save Data Backed Up' under the settings Icon. However, when I've installed MPQ on my new phone and start it up, it starts from the beginning, am I missing a step? Is there meant to be a restore Icon, as I can't seem to find one under the settings Icon at the start. In addition to this, under the settings option it has the initial option of 'Save Backup Using Facebook'. I'm kinda scared to select this one as I'm scared it will overwrite my existing progress.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Rob
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited September 2014
    Aren't you prompted to link to Facebook on your new phone? When you link to the account with saved progress, it should be transferred onto the new phone as well.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2014
    locked wrote:
    Aren't you prompted to link to Facebook on yiur new phone? When you link to the account with saved progress, it should be transferred onto the new phone as well.

Hi Locked,
    No, nothing like that came up, have I installed something wrong on the new phone. How do you normally link to Facebook when you move to a new phone?
    Or have I save to Facebook incorrectly? Admittedly I've only saved my data a handful of times recently, does it take time for this to take affect?
  • Just press the settings icon on the loading screen.
  • Just press the settings icon on the loading screen.

All good now, for whatever reason it wasn't saving on my old phone. Left it for a bit and tried again, all good to go now, thanks for the assistance.

Cheers
  • When do 4* characters come up to par with 2*(Level 94) and 3*(Level 110)? Thanks!
  • buzzdog wrote:
    The answer is literally this page, a posts up

I've gone through the posts and I believe I've saved my game correctly to facebook using my old phone as it now says 'Save Data Backed Up' under the settings Icon. However, when I've installed MPQ on my new phone and start it up, it starts from the beginning, am I missing a step? Is there meant to be a restore Icon, as I can't seem to find one under the settings Icon at the start. In addition to this, under the settings option it has the initial option of 'Save Backup Using Facebook'. I'm kinda scared to select this one as I'm scared it will overwrite my existing progress.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Play the tutorial that appears at first until you have access to the menu. Then click the icon next to the mail and sign in with facebook. If you have the same facebook account it should give you the option to restore the data from that account and overwrite the ones on the phone.