Too Many Secrets - Season V opener

So, It looks like we will have our first shot at a Fury PVP. What is everyone's thoughts? I am looking forward to it, but I can see how it will get crazy really fast. If this pvp is the trend for how season 5 will be, then I am stoked and ready.

Powered Up:

Nick Fury (105 base/405 max level)

Progression Rewards:

25 - Recruit Token - Standard
50 - 100 iso
100 - 5 color stockpile
200 - 250 iso
300 - Recruit Token - Too Many Secrets
400 - 25 hp
500 - 2* Captain America
600 - 25 hp
700 - 1000 iso
800 - 50 hp
900 - Recruit Token - Too Many Secrets
1000 - 1000 iso
1100 - Psylocke red
1200 - 1000 iso
1300 - Nick Fury yellow

Player Placement Rewards:
1. Invisible Woman blue
2-5. Punisher Green/Red/Black; 5000 iso; 100 hp
6-10. Punisher Red/Black; 2000 iso; 100 hp
11-25. Punisher Red/Black; 1000 iso; 50 hp
26-50. Punisher Black; 1000 iso; 50 hp
51-100. Punisher Black; 500 iso; 25 hp
101-200 Human Torch Johnny Storm Black; 500 iso
201-300 Human Torch Johnny Storm Black; 250 iso
301-400 Recruit Token - Standard x2; 140 iso
401-500 Recruit Token - Standard; 70 iso

Alliance Placement Rewards:
1-2. Punisher green; 5000 iso; 250 hp
3-10. Punisher green; 5000 iso; 100 hp
11-25. Punisher green; 3000 iso; 100 hp
26-50. Punisher green; 2000 iso; 100 hp
51-100. Punisher green; 1000 iso; 50 hp
101-250. 1000 iso; 50 hp
251-500. 500 iso; 25 hp
501-1000. 500 iso
1001-10000. 250 iso

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am worried about the trend. Does that mean they will have more 4* tourneys too. It's going to be crazy competitive and those with a max fury (only several whales) will have a HUGE benefit.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    it's going to be rough for those without a fury or lots of HP to buy covers.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6eQ78HCGEA

1300 fury most likely....maybe first prize....gonna be insane
  • I think what they would need to do is something like what a friend in my alliance suggested. They should go back to having a guaranteed cover so the players can get a fighting chance. Then, after the pvp, they can resume business as normal. Fury, even buffed is beatable, so I don't think it would be as skewed as some would think. I do think however, that as a featured character, it does serve to shake things up. Mind you, it will still turn into a Sentry/Hood shield hop fest. Pvp has been ruled by Sentry for so long, and I don't think having a Fury pvp will change that one bit. The people spending the money to win will still come out on top as the developers have planned. Sentry will continue to be the dominating force that he has always been.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    it's going to be rough for those without a fury or lots of HP to buy covers.
    Yes but so is any high-tier 3* featured event. The only difference is there's going to be fewer maxed Fury's around.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    A Sneakers (1992) reference? With a main character who was the boss of Nick Fury in Capt America 2?

Setec Astronomy = Too Many Secrets. That movie loved anagrams.

That might make the buffed characters get new names.

Futhark Alphabet (New Romantic) = Black Panther (Man Without Fear)
    Space Rover (Race Against Time) = Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Angstrom Levy (Finch Age) = Falcon (Mighty Avengers)
    Pinhead (Hunger Striker) = The Punisher (Dark Reign)
    Caviar (Permanent Mold) = Captain Marvel (Modern)
    The Calvin (Power) = Wolverine (Patch)
    Gem (Class Action) = Magneto (Classic)
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease does this mean a Fury cover for the 1,100 point progression rewards?
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    A Sneakers (1992) reference? With a main character who was the boss of Nick Fury in Capt America 2?

Setec Astronomy = Too Many Secrets. That movie loved anagrams.

That might make the buffed characters get new names.

Futhark Alphabet (New Romantic) = Black Panther (Man Without Fear)
    Space Rover (Race Against Time) = Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Angstrom Levy (Finch Age) = Falcon (Mighty Avengers)
    Pinhead (Hunger Striker) = The Punisher (Dark Reign)
    Caviar (Permanent Mold) = Captain Marvel (Modern)
    The Calvin (Power) = Wolverine (Patch)
    Gem (Class Action) = Magneto (Classic)

Props to you Nonce! I have no idea how the tinykitty you come up with this stuff. Thank you for all your contributions to this game.
  • Its just plain stupid. They haven't properly gave out fury covers and expect us to enjoy this,hahaha. The 0.0001 percent that maxed him will enjoy it. They should of did what they have with everyone else, like hold a tourney where we can win his covers properly. Either way im glad season 5 is here, just wish they didnt suck fury balls so hard and just release him the correct way.
  • This event wouldn't be any different from the usual deadweight + 2 guys event. Nick Fury conflicts with Daken on defense, which severely limits the kind of team you can put him on. If you run Sentry + Daken, then it's pretty much as if you don't have Demolition and he's just an oversized bag of HP, but if you don't run Sentry + Daken your team is likely a lot weaker.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    This event wouldn't be any different from the usual deadweight + 2 guys event. Nick Fury conflicts with Daken on defense, which severely limits the kind of team you can put him on. If you run Sentry + Daken, then it's pretty much as if you don't have Demolition and he's just an oversized bag of HP, but if you don't run Sentry + Daken your team is likely a lot weaker.

but take out daken and add hood....well then you have a rainbow team, Fury's powers will get off that much faster and the only conflict is Yellow which all three of them have, all of which are crazy powerful. Then you have Fury's blue which with no color conflict(thank god hood's blue is passive) then it's gonna be...well you're gonna have a bad time.
  • Phantron wrote:
    This event wouldn't be any different from the usual deadweight + 2 guys event. Nick Fury conflicts with Daken on defense, which severely limits the kind of team you can put him on. If you run Sentry + Daken, then it's pretty much as if you don't have Demolition and he's just an oversized bag of HP, but if you don't run Sentry + Daken your team is likely a lot weaker.

but take out daken and add hood....well then you have a rainbow team, Fury's powers will get off that much faster and the only conflict is Yellow which all three of them have, all of which are crazy powerful. Then you have Fury's blue which with no color conflict(thank god hood's blue is passive) then it's gonna be...well you're gonna have a bad time.

There's a significant dropoff in power once Daken is removed from the top duo (Sentry + Daken). Of course that team is playable and probably very strong but you can't compare to Daken + Sentry's ability to drop a game ending World Rupture on possibly just one color (green). If someone drops the best fast attack duo in the game to accomodate Fury then he hasn't gained much of an advantage. Of course you can also just play Sentry + Daken straight up, but then you'd almost never be able to use Demolition on defense, and you can lose Escape Plan to Chemical Reaction as well. Sure the team works fine on offense, but it's not like Sentry + Daken has anything to worry about on offense.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    This is the 1st 4* tourney!?

And does anyone imagine what will be the skill(loner)!? I go for Yellow. Ok I've been told is always the first
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

There's a significant dropoff in power once Daken is removed from the top duo (Sentry + Daken). Of course that team is playable and probably very strong but you can't compare to Daken + Sentry's ability to drop a game ending World Rupture on possibly just one color (green). If someone drops the best fast attack duo in the game to accomodate Fury then he hasn't gained much of an advantage. Of course you can also just play Sentry + Daken straight up, but then you'd almost never be able to use Demolition on defense, and you can lose Escape Plan to Chemical Reaction as well. Sure the team works fine on offense, but it's not like Sentry + Daken has anything to worry about on offense.
    On offense and on defense nothing can contest with hood/fury/ sentry.. On offense everybody at high level turn to hood 5 black cause it guarantees you to cast wr and sac tile on one turn.. On defense a 15k+ fury will be painful to down with a bad board especially if fury is feeded by hood (fury can down 2 enemies on demolition.. Last sim i go unshielded with this team and i racked up a boatload of def win..
  • Its just plain stupid. They haven't properly gave out fury covers and expect us to enjoy this,hahaha. The 0.0001 percent that maxed him will enjoy it. They should of did what they have with everyone else, like hold a tourney where we can win his covers properly. Either way im glad season 5 is here, just wish they didnt suck fury balls so hard and just release him the correct way.
    i second this. Kinda "unfair" for those without fury. For those how have and stay as 1 cover, its also like eating grass. Anyway, gonna be "loaner" fury + best 2 for me.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Hannybal wrote:
    Its just plain stupid. They haven't properly gave out fury covers and expect us to enjoy this,hahaha. The 0.0001 percent that maxed him will enjoy it. They should of did what they have with everyone else, like hold a tourney where we can win his covers properly. Either way im glad season 5 is here, just wish they didnt suck fury balls so hard and just release him the correct way.
    i second this. Kinda "unfair" for those without fury. For those how have and stay as 1 cover, its also like eating grass. Anyway, gonna be "loaner" fury + best 2 for me.
    How is that any different to the first PVP for any other character?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    The question for me will be which ability will they give the loaner Fury? Depending on which is used, I have a few different options. None of which I expect to take me very high in the rankings.

Honestly, this is the kind of drought that has me playing less than I have in months.
    I was locked out of Combined Arms since I don't have any 1* characters left and no room to put one with out selling off my only 2* or a 3* that is very difficult to replace later. The current Nefarious Foes event keeps kicking my butt with these uber-buffed 2* teams of Ares, Daken, Bullseye. The PvE has me locked out of more than half the essential nodes without Fury or 2* Mags. Now you're telling me that Fury is the essential character to start season 5!

Well, I do still need to finish Shovel Knight...
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    The question for me will be which ability will they give the loaner Fury? Depending on which is used, I have a few different options. None of which I expect to take me very high in the rankings.

Honestly, this is the kind of drought that has me playing less than I have in months.
    I was locked out of Combined Arms since I don't have any 1* characters left and no room to put one with out selling off my only 2* or a 3* that is very difficult to replace later. The current Nefarious Foes event keeps kicking my butt with these uber-buffed 2* teams of Ares, Daken, Bullseye. The PvE has me locked out of more than half the essential nodes without Fury or 2* Mags. Now you're telling me that Fury is the essential character to start season 5!

Well, I do still need to finish Shovel Knight...

If I'm not mistaken, all loaners are given the first ability of that character. In this case, that would be Avengers Assemble!
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    I don't see how not having your own Fury is going to keep you out of the event.

I rarely have the chosen character for the event well covered and even more rarely, leveled enough to matter.

Granted, I only average around 650 or so in PvP, but I know my limitations in that regard considering the people I am bracketed with.

I have 2 Fury covers. I really don't see that I have any significant advantage over someone with zero. I am not going to pour ISO into that well. And I would only gain a few levels even if I bothered. Also, he would take damage I would have to heal from.

I'll be in the same boat as you. Using the loaner as usual and relying on my own heroes to make up the difference.

Good luck and happy hunting!
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    atomzed wrote:
    I am worried about the trend. Does that mean they will have more 4* tourneys too. It's going to be crazy competitive and those with a max fury (only several whales) will have a HUGE benefit.
    several? at least a few dozen... if not more...