Weekly Tournament - Avengers Discussion

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grazzt wrote:
    Arclight wrote:
    Shouldn't the event have already been started? Thought it starts immediately after the 3* one?
    Hopefully they are fixing some issues appeared in the 3* tournament.

And I need some advice, since I can't use rag in this tour, who's the best replacement? My highest level avengers are grey suit black widow and spidey, and they will remain in the team, really love widow's green skill.
    My other avengers are 85 thor and 70 IM40, which one to choose?
    Thor all the way. He's more like 3 stars in performance, where IM40 is more of a 2-and-a-half.
  • Has this tournament started for any of you? Usually the weekly events start at midnight but it's not popping up on either my phone or my pc. o.O

Im just confused if its a bug or if i didnt get the memo.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    GoldenLink wrote:
    Has this tournament started for any of you? Usually the weekly events start at midnight but it's not popping up on either my phone or my pc. o.O

Hasn't started yet, we're seeing what we can tweak server-side on looking at results from the 3* Tourney. Figure there's plenty of missions related to the Big Green Guy to deal with for a little.
  • IceIX wrote:
    GoldenLink wrote:
    Has this tournament started for any of you? Usually the weekly events start at midnight but it's not popping up on either my phone or my pc. o.O

Hasn't started yet, we're seeing what we can tweak server-side on looking at results from the 3* Tourney. Figure there's plenty of missions related to the Big Green Guy to deal with for a little.
    That's what I figured, and that's fine by me. I was just hoping I wasn't just imagining this whole thing. >_>
  • IceIX wrote:
    Hasn't started yet, we're seeing what we can tweak server-side on looking at results from the 3* Tourney.

Thanks for your hard work, Ice. That's a much better approach than rolling out another frustrating tournament.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    cepage wrote:
    Thanks for your hard work, Ice. That's a much better approach than rolling out another frustrating tournament.
    You're welcome. Please don't expect miracles though, some of the stuff that we've identified aren't doable server-side unless we can finagle workarounds. So we'll have some tweaks, but no magic bullets.
  • IceIX wrote:
    cepage wrote:
    You're welcome. Please don't expect miracles though, some of the stuff that we've identified aren't doable server-side unless we can finagle workarounds. So we'll have some tweaks, but no magic bullets.

Thanks for looking at it tho. After the way you guys rolled out the Hulk tourny, it really makes me feel good to be part of this community. We get listened to a lot it seems. Keep up the work, and as one of the people getting hit for 35 point losses when I was in the 300's, I appreciate the delay!
  • IceIX wrote:
    cepage wrote:

Any chance of some kind of post-mortem? And making the dev write out "I will not make untested changes" 1000 times (no copy/paste allowed)?
  • Tourney just went up. See the Announcement sections for description.

One question I didn't see answered... is Hulk included in the special Avengers Packs?
  • Tournament just became available for me. I have tough choices to make for my team. 5 characters to choose from:
    Thor lv 77 5/3/5
    Wolv lv 80 5/4/4
    IM40 lv 80 5/2/3
    Grey BW lv 75 3/4/5
    Spiderman lv 66 3/1/3

Probably going to roll with the Thor, Wolv, IM40 team, but swap in BW and Spiderman, when one of them is hurt. Good luck all.
  • Ugh, no Mags or Rags icon_e_sad.gif

With no Rags, can't use GSBW either icon_e_sad.gif

spidey/thor/IM40 i guess...what a boring team
  • **** ending time and not really thrilled for the rewards. Probably farm some progression and whip out 15 hulk, 20 cap, 6 hawkeye for you to play with icon_e_wink.gif
  • finwe wrote:
    **** ending time and not really thrilled for the rewards. Probably farm some progression and whip out 15 hulk, 20 cap, 6 hawkeye for you to play with icon_e_wink.gif

This is a double tourney... two in a row. The first one has a European friend end time, the second US friendly.
  • Uhm looking around in the new tournament. I haven't played a single game yet but i see only teams with 80+ chars, while for other tournaments I usually start against very low level teams.
    Today I pushed over 1600 in SHIELD training to get yellow thor cover. Did I just f**k up my MMR? icon_cry.gif Or is it just a coincidence? I hope I didn't do something stupid icon_cry.gif
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Hmm; finding it rather a challenge at the moment...
    Not super-level teams or anything, just seems to be slow going and had my L85 Thor L70 BW team obliterated by a L50 M35 Iron Man... I think I need more depth to my roster! icon_lol.gif

Although this does look likely a bit of a bruising competition for anyone without Spiderman & his amazing lock-down, as without the speed/crazy-hitting of the supervillains every match is going to be a slug-fest unless the gems fall perfectly - might have to play in bursts, with henchman PvE battles in between to recover.

How much ISO does it take to get a 1* star character to max level?
    If I only have to postpone a couple of Black Widow levels (1.5k a pop at the minute) to get a useable Iron Man/Hawkeye, it might make these tournaments more fun.
  • I do love these double down tournaments. Not super excited for the rewards in this one. If I finish outside of #45 I might just look into building a new C Storm. The one I have now is 3/5/5, which used to be awesome before the nerf. I think a 5/5/3 is the clear way to go now.
  • Today I pushed over 1600 in SHIELD training to get yellow thor cover. Did I just f**k up my MMR? icon_cry.gif

Yup.
  • Thor got buffed? Sure, why not.
  • Thor got buffed? Sure, why not.

I don't see any buff markers on anyone...
  • Still seeing the same 10 names (all with maxed spidey and GW, yay) in my matchmaking as I did for the 3*. Great.