Frequently Asked Questions

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    ^ Link to facebook on either device, save to facebook from main menu options after that and enjoy the game on both devices.
  • I'm playing on m iPhone and the version I downloaded said "lunch edition". So is there another edition? The reason is that I browsed forum and some players have season 4 score of 9000 while the top ranker I saw only has around 3500. I must have missed something really obvious.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's all about your bracket. If you started part way into a season, you likely are in a different (sometimes less competitive) bracket. The game places you into some bracketing based on your current MMR, and if you just started playing, you don't have any and are being placed with other low MMR players.
  • Alphateam
    Alphateam Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Is there any reason to keep 1 star characters?
  • Alphateam wrote:

Once a month or so they will run a tournament where a 1 star character is required (like this week's Combined Arms) or helpful (like last month's Balance of Power). Otherwise, once your roster is safely into "maxed 2* character" territory and certainly once it's into "maxed 3* character" territory the answer is no, you'll never use them.
  • Pwuz_
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    Alphateam wrote:

Once a month or so they will run a tournament where a 1 star character is required (like this week's Combined Arms) or helpful (like last month's Balance of Power). Otherwise, once your roster is safely into "maxed 2* character" territory and certainly once it's into "maxed 3* character" territory the answer is no, you'll never use them.

Don't forget the occasional Heroic PvE event which often times only let you use a few characters at all. Having a 1* who is usable in those can make the difference between getting a 3* cover reward or picking up some Recruit Tokens.
  • I have some questions regarding Facebook stuff.

So I can share the rewards out. So I'm giving away whatever reward i just won? So I lose the 120 iso or whatever and gift it away?

Outside of the backup of the save, any other real reason to link? I backup using titanium anyway.
  • How can I make an alliance on the forum? / How can I PM?

It said post a message and as you can see I'm posting messages but they won't let me PM.
  • How can I make an alliance on the forum? / How can I PM?

It said post a message and as you can see I'm posting messages but they won't let me PM.
    You need at least 5 posts. There's some threads in the Off-topic part of the forums where you can boost your post count.
  • how exactly does ISO sharing through facebook work? Is there any limit to the number of friends I add? Do I get more ISO with more friends? Do I share more ISO with more friends? It seems like there
  • GhostWolfe wrote:
    How can I make an alliance on the forum? / How can I PM?

You need at least 5 posts. There's some threads in the Off-topic part of the forums where you can boost your post count.

Thank you for the help. You know anything about the alliance?
  • Forgiven me if I have missed a post with this info in, I only have mobile access ATM!

I currently have an iPhone but my contract is coming to an end and the contract I'm looking at is with an android phone. My game is linked to Facebook. If I switch to the android phone and version, will my game carry over or am I looking at starting again? (And crying!)
  • budman59
    budman59 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Hi could somebody please explain to me about bracket's. People say they are ranked like #2 but when I look I see someone else. And either I am the worst player or what ever bracket or group I get put in I never finish very high and I play over 10 he's a day thanks for any help
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    budman59 wrote:
    Hi could somebody please explain to me about bracket's. People say they are ranked like #2 but when I look I see someone else. And either I am the worst player or what ever bracket or group I get put in I never finish very high and I play over 10 he's a day thanks for any help
    Whenever you enter an event (by winning your first match) you're placed into a group (herein referred to as "bracket") of players. Depending on the event, this can be 500, 1000 or up to 5000 people.

As for determining which bracket you wind up, no one seems to be quite certain what affects it but age of roster looks like a factor - you'll be shunted into brackets with people with similar rosters.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Devotion wrote:
    Forgiven me if I have missed a post with this info in, I only have mobile access ATM!

I currently have an iPhone but my contract is coming to an end and the contract I'm looking at is with an android phone. My game is linked to Facebook. If I switch to the android phone and version, will my game carry over or am I looking at starting again? (And crying!)
    The answer to your question is literally already on this page, 2nd post: just save to FB now and you will be able to link Android to your saved progress as well.

Brackets: there are many of them.
  • budman59
    budman59 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Hi I hope someone can answer this for me. I was told to concentrate on pve and score 500 PvP how do you know if you are doing this I am confused thanks
  • Pwuz_
    budman59 wrote:
    Hi I hope someone can answer this for me. I was told to concentrate on pve and score 500 PvP how do you know if you are doing this I am confused thanks

"Concentrate on PvE" means that you should be spending MOST of your play time in the PvE/Story events.

"Score 500 PvP" in the PvP/Versus matches you should set a goal of 500 points for the event. I personally would recommend pushing to 600 if possible for the extra 25 HP, but at 500 you have gotten 1 Event token (300), 25 HP (400), & a bonus 2* character (500) which if it's not useful to you can be sold off for 250 Iso.

So I can share the rewards out. So I'm giving away whatever reward i just won? So I lose the 120 iso or whatever and gift it away?

Outside of the backup of the save, any other real reason to link? I backup using titanium anyway.

Anyone?
  • Pwuz_
    I have some questions regarding Facebook stuff.

Anyone?

I'm stabbing a little in the dark here since I refuse to have a Facebook account. My understanding is that you still get the Iso/Token/Covers, but you can send extra ones to a certain number of your Facebook friends. If you don't send it, the game keeps it, and no one gets it.

Anyone?
    You still keep what you won, the game is just offering extras for you to give away.

Outside of the backup, no, there's no good reason to link unless you know specific people on FB that would appreciate the extra iso.