Thor (Marvel NOW!) - 2*

Comments

• Thunder doesn't strike! It goes boom and rumbles the air!
    Lightning's the thing that strikes!
    Are you saying that AC/DC are wrong? I doubt that.
  • Someone please change the Green power animation, I want to cry everytime I see it, a 5 year old kid could have done a better job. Stop being lazy.
  • someguy321 wrote:
    Someone please change the Green power animation, I want to cry everytime I see it, a 5 year old kid could have done a better job. Stop being lazy.
    This.
  • Okay, my Thor has always been at 5/5/3, and even after the funbalancing, I still stayed at so.

Reason was that Red increased base damage by 40% per power level. Green only increased 20% base damage per level.

Red was literally killed, less damage, higher cost, less yellow tiles generated. Green, while it dealt more damage, 14 AP is too difficult to generate.

However, fighting against many MN Thors on defense, I realized that their most powerful attack was usually the yellow, followed by green. Red barely does much damage, even with the occasional chain in yellows. Despite the high cost in green, its usually achievable after a yellow.

Is it recommended that I switch now to a 3/5/5 MN Thor?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    yes, there really is no other build, 3/5/5 is the way to go. I have notice his red is a little less random with yellow tile placements and at least in my recent experience tends to set you up for at least a 3 tile yellow match following the skill, not sure if that's just a series of fortunate luck for me or if there was maybe a patch that helps this, i don't know, but in short 3/5/5 no other way, in fact IMO i think the new Thor is better than the old one, he just seems to play better, although I do think his red needs to generate one more yellow tile.
  • Got it thanks. Going for 3/5/5 now.

I disagree about this new Thor being better. He isn't. He just has a better AOE and better green generation.

The old Thor was a nuke. With 12 red AP, you deal 2.2k damage, with yellows filling almost the entire board, getting cascades. Then, you charge up a lightning Strike with another 2.2k damage for the killer.

That's why the old Thor was so powerful. Insane yellow tile generation, low cost nuke attack all rolled into one.

Ah, good times....

If I had a choice, I'll take the old Thor. But I can't, so I gotta work around his now defunct red power.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    mechgouki wrote:
    Got it thanks. Going for 3/5/5 now.

I disagree about this new Thor being better. He isn't. He just has a better AOE and better green generation.

The old Thor was a nuke. With 12 red AP, you deal 2.2k damage, with yellows filling almost the entire board, getting cascades. Then, you charge up a lightning Strike with another 2.2k damage for the killer.

That's why the old Thor was so powerful. Insane yellow tile generation, low cost nuke attack all rolled into one.

Ah, good times....

If I had a choice, I'll take the old Thor. But I can't, so I gotta work around his now defunct red power.

His power is there, it's just redistributed, yellow while not having the same amount of direct damage it once did has almost double the green tiles, going from 5 to 9, which is almost always going to generate a cascade and that sometimes makes up for the difference and Green is just awesome now, so while you can't spam red and yellow, you can still get a fair amount of damage with his new build, he just feels right now, while he was argueably more powerful before he just felt off.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should be discussed at ** Thor (Marvel Now) **. Locking.
  • Is it ok to respec my thor from 3/5/5 to 5/5/3? What are the advantage/disadvantage if i respec him?
  • 3/5/5 is the most optimal build. Green, although a bit expensive in cost, deals a large mass of AoE damage. It is much more valuable, an more efficient. The damage Red deals is a bit medicore in conparison to others, especially Wolvie.
  • Umm..ok thanks for the advice its just that his call the storm takes time to release but as u said..massive damage + aoe effect..thanks..
  • Your yellow helps mitigate that by flooding the board with Green tiles. It is also quick to charge up in combination with Modern Storm in the desert map. Or well, Modern Storm in general.Yellow to generate Green for her. Her green to generate yellow for Thor.
  • I had a 5/5/3 and now have a 3/5/5 MN Thor.
    5 in red was kind of nice if you didn't have any other red ability, it would deal around 1000 damage, now it does 700. Being cheaper means you get to use it more and sometimes I do miss the extra damage, but in terms of yellow generation it's negligible.

Going from 3 to 5 green was something like going from 1400 to 2000 in the main target damage and going from 700 to 1000 damage to the others. It got way more significant but still, it's a bit expensive. His yellow ability helps a lot though, so you usually can get it off a turn after using your yellow.

Overall 5 green does more damage, but if you have some other green ability you would rather use, 5 red is ok.
  • I wouldn't respec unless you had another person to use a green skill. Grey suit black widow? Maybe puniaher. But thorsa green is a very solid damaging skill. I had the 5 5 3 build and I'm changing it to 3 5 5.

His red just isn't as good as it used to be.
  • So what is the consensus on his build now? It's been 7 months since the last post, and I'm not sure how to build him. I have him at 4/5/4 with 2 red and 1 green covers that I can use. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • So what is the consensus on his build now?

3/5/5. There are better red abilities to utilize. Green at 5 deals great damage, and yellow at 5 allows more tiles to change to green.
  • cjsutt1 wrote:
    So what is the consensus on his build now?

3/5/5. There are better red abilities to utilize. Green at 5 deals great damage, and yellow at 5 allows more tiles to change to green.

Thanks. I usually use his red as a last resort when Wolvie's red is too far away. icon_razz.gif
  • I love playing with Thor considering im in the 2* -> 3* transition stage right now. But in a match yesterday I realized the following: HIS CALL THE STORM ANIMATION IS HORRA-AWEFUL (Shaq Voice)

What do you guys think??
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Koko81 wrote:
    I love playing with Thor considering im in the 2* -> 3* transition stage right now. But in a match yesterday I realized the following: HIS CALL THE STORM ANIMATION IS HORRA-AWEFUL (Shaq Voice)

What do you guys think??
    For dealing massive damage to the whole team I can live with seeing Thor's emblem.
    That being said, should Thor get an animation, he needs to yell something like when Ragnarok uses Godlike Power. "HUUUAARRRGH!"
  • Koko81 wrote:
    I love playing with Thor considering im in the 2* -> 3* transition stage right now. But in a match yesterday I realized the following: HIS CALL THE STORM ANIMATION IS HORRA-AWEFUL (Shaq Voice)

What do you guys think??
    For dealing massive damage to the whole team I can live with seeing Thor's emblem.
    That being said, should Thor get an animation, he needs to yell something like when Ragnarok uses Godlike Power. "HUUUAARRRGH!"

That move definitely deserves an epic animation. It's the game changer for 2* transitioning players lool