*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Stephen, thank you for sharing that one-in-a-blue-moon event. It rocks.
  • Well from me playing him maxed 5/5/3 his black is worthless so it's like he only has 2 abilities. But his red makes up for all others any way and a team work with 3 and you don't use 9 abilities per match so. He works if you want an amazing RED skill and he works in your team. For me is Thor Daken Deadpool. Use Deadpool to cut them down Daken to cut them even more with attack tiles and Thor cleans them up with Yellow and Green Perfect. Purple I call it the anti Mags when I need to take those purple tiles from Mags I hit with a WHALE. Over All he works but is not well rounded now this is a team game if it were solo then he would suck but in a team think about it and you match him with a lot of teams.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Was it an instant "I win" button or was it just doing enough damage anyway?
  • I wonder if DP is a good defensive char, because of his black he kinda protects high value targets like sentry in PVP.
    Because you cant really 1 shot sentry, once he is below DPs HP right?
    And when sentry stay alive... you know what i am talking about.
    The more i think of DP, the more i kinda like him - hmmmm
  • El_Dude
    El_Dude Posts: 53
    Ha ha. I've had the needed Deadpool points but didn't want to use until I saw what it did. Thanks for sharing.

What kind of damage does this deal? If it's like 5000 damage per enemy, might save these up for a PvP where one could go through three matches in a couple minutes.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    That Rags had 7213 health. It may just be an "I win" button.
  • But normally his ability doesnt do that much dmg, maybe it has something to do with those whale points he spent...
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Fyi, this is a fully charged whales in action
    I know my video taking skills (and overall technical skills) stink....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7TJCVCf9fE&list=UUlE-8Bd_-rXt4et4zTWsDqw

Edit - the dp in the video was level 102 with 3 purple covers.

A few things to note:

1. It took down a 7200 Rags with an underleveled DP
    2. The points build past that minimum threshold.

It looks like an "I win" button but you can't tell yet. Still pretty impressive.
  • Fyi, this is a fully charged whales in action
    I know my video taking skills (and overall technical skills) stink....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7TJCVCf9fE&list=UUlE-8Bd_-rXt4et4zTWsDqw

Edit - the dp in the video was level 102 with 3 purple covers.

A few things to note:

1. It took down a 7200 Rags with an underleveled DP
    2. The points build past that minimum threshold.

It looks like an "I win" button but you can't tell yet. Still pretty impressive.

haha yes i have seen that video. very impressive icon_e_biggrin.gif
    so seems if you have enough points its basically a WIN button icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • A character has to be more than 'someone's extra lifebar' to justify a spot given you usually can only pick 2 of them in any particular PvP event because the third slot is fixed.

He's okay on offense, but it's not like people really need much help on offense as long as Magneto, Sentry, Daken, Patch, and Thor are around. He's certainly not going to enable you to do any better on offense compared to those 5 guys.

On defense, he's way too vulnerable to anyone who can regen. Let's say you knock Patch/Daken to 3000 HP somehow on defense (this probably required a major move), ALotP will do roughly 2000 damage, leaving them with 1000 damage. But with their regen those guys can comfortably sit at 1000 HP and regen back up. Yes ALotP costs less than most moves, but there is almost no value in getting a guy like Patch/Daken low on defense if you can't finish the job. You'd need a third move to do that last 1000 damage and if you have the ability to fire off 3 moves on defense, almost any 3 decent moves should be enough to take down a full health Patch/Daken in the first place. Since Patch/Daken are commonly seen at the high end this greatly limits his usefulness. About the only top end combination of character Deadpool can threaten would be Thor + BP. Magneto can kill Patch/Daken just fine and certainly has even less problem with a guy who can't really regen and the same total HP. Sentry is usually seen with Daken and even if not, he's got more than enough offense to blow up Deadpool. Thor can be paired in several ways but only Thor + BP would be vulnerable.

I imagine he'd be a bane to the transition player who don't have the regenerating powerhouses or comparable options, but the top tier is far too powerful for him to break into it. That's not a knock against him, because I think the top tier of MPQ is quite broken and don't need more people in that tier.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    It will be interesting to see what happens when Magneto gets his funblance in the next couple months. Will that bring 2 guys out of top tier? Daken, Sentry, Thor, Magneto, Patch are truly the top 5. You can argue Fury, but due to him being 4 star we can take him out of the equation. I think when Magneto goes, so does Patch. Black Panther would crack the top 5 leaving room for one more. I see Patch being respec'd by a majority as most have him 5/3/5 to abuse the strike tiles and Mags, I see a mass migration to 3/5/5 or 4/4/5 being the top 2 builds. But...will he remain top 5?

If they would just have lowered Deadpool's health requirement both the threshold as well as the amount of health gained back he would have been a very, very optimal character.

I think of all the 3*'s Deadpool cracks the top Ten but barely.

1.Sentry
    2.Thor
    3.Daken
    4.Magneto
    5.Patch
    6.Black Panther
    7.Punisher
    8.Human Torch
    9.Hood

Psylocke
    Hulk
    Falcon

You can argue my order but I think those are the top 9 guys as for #10 it really depends. I would actually put Psylocke in there but Punisher and Human Torch I think are superior and Hood is always good no matter what. I think Deadpool can crack top 10, but not top 5. 1-5 are spot on order you can argue but Panther is #6 by and large.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    It will be interesting to see what happens when Magneto gets his funblance in the next couple months. Will that bring 2 guys out of top tier? Daken, Sentry, Thor, Magneto, Patch are truly the top 5. You can argue Fury, but due to him being 4 star we can take him out of the equation. I think when Magneto goes, so does Patch. Black Panther would crack the top 5 leaving room for one more. I see Patch being respec'd by a majority as most have him 5/3/5 to abuse the strike tiles and Mags, I see a mass migration to 3/5/5 or 4/4/5 being the top 2 builds. But...will he remain top 5?

If they would just have lowered Deadpool's health requirement both the threshold as well as the amount of health gained back he would have been a very, very optimal character.

I think of all the 3*'s Deadpool cracks the top Ten but barely.

1.Sentry
    2.Thor
    3.Daken
    4.Magneto
    5.Patch
    6.Black Panther
    7.Punisher
    8.Human Torch
    9.Hood

Psylocke
    Hulk
    Falcon

You can argue my order but I think those are the top 9 guys as for #10 it really depends. I would actually put Psylocke in there but Punisher and Human Torch I think are superior and Hood is always good no matter what. I think Deadpool can crack top 10, but not top 5. 1-5 are spot on order you can argue but Panther is #6 by and large.

I think once Mags gets tagged with the funbalance that Patch drops into the 6-10 range. His regen alone keeps him top tier, but without Mags red for spam or building a team around his red he's not as useful.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think once Mags gets tagged with the funbalance that Patch drops into the 6-10 range. His regen alone keeps him top tier, but without Mags red for spam or building a team around his red he's not as useful.

That's what I feel as well. The question is how far does Mags fall? Going on 3 assumptions. 1. C.Mags blue stays 5 but is random, 2. red goes to 5 but more dmg 3.purple stays roughly the same. I would then still consider C.Mags to be really good, but would fall out of top 5 for sure. But at this point I think Psylocke would pair better with Patch as she cast her red at 5AP if he has all those strike tiles out, possibly allowing a much smaller scale version of what we have now with Patchneto. But if/when C.Mags loses the blue spammability and the red cheapness I know I for one will be change my Patch back to 3/5/5 or possibly 4/4/5. The upgrade though from Patch red 4 to 5 is huge though which can help counter the need for tanking 3 colors.

But again assuming the Mags nerf isn't terrible I think you then have Thor,Sentry,Daken as your 1-3. BP would be 4 and Patch could still be 5, although at that point you are really only using him as a meat shield since Beserker Rage won't be as powerful with Mags abuse. Punisher probably argues his way into the top 5 due to his versatility. However what I think is more likely is that Fury becomes a P2W feature as the next best thing as he would replace all but red on C.Mags.
  • I don't see me switching patch from 5-3-5 anytime soon. He's been my main goto guy, and my only maxed 3* so far. Patch + BP and Patch + Punisher are quite nice on offense.

Is LThor really that good?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalirion wrote:
    I don't see me switching patch from 5-3-5 anytime soon. He's been my main goto guy, and my only maxed 3* so far. Patch + BP and Patch + Punisher are quite nice on offense.

Is LThor really that good?
    If you like cascading deaths of pain, yes. He's just like 2* Thor but MORE DAMAGE.
  • Let's say I have a Deadpool WWW Team-Up token.
    Can my defense team use it and spend the DP point for a massive whale kill?

Thanks.
  • Hissori
    Hissori Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I just used it this moring with max dp points 29+k...in deed a big button shows up asking if you want to use ALL whales...I had to see what happened so I did...every type of whale fell and dropped through the screen...utterly destroying 3 lvl 166 characters in one shot.
  • Hissori wrote:
    I just used it this moring with max dp points 29+k...in deed a big button shows up asking if you want to use ALL whales...I had to see what happened so I did...every type of whale fell and dropped through the screen...utterly destroying 3 lvl 166 characters in one shot.

Two follow ups - did it use 28000 points or did it use everything you had?
    What level is your purple?
  • If you have above 28k points, would they be use on defense???? icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm guessing at 5 covers you do the 5 cover damage + 4 cover damage + 3 + 2 + 1. But if so, that would mean that at 1 cover, the points are useless.

Just a guess though.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

That's what I feel as well. The question is how far does Mags fall? Going on 3 assumptions. 1. C.Mags blue stays 5 but is random, 2. red goes to 5 but more dmg 3.purple stays roughly the same. I would then still consider C.Mags to be really good, but would fall out of top 5 for sure. But at this point I think Psylocke would pair better with Patch as she cast her red at 5AP if he has all those strike tiles out, possibly allowing a much smaller scale version of what we have now with Patchneto. But if/when C.Mags loses the blue spammability and the red cheapness I know I for one will be change my Patch back to 3/5/5 or possibly 4/4/5. The upgrade though from Patch red 4 to 5 is huge though which can help counter the need for tanking 3 colors.

But again assuming the Mags nerf isn't terrible I think you then have Thor,Sentry,Daken as your 1-3. BP would be 4 and Patch could still be 5, although at that point you are really only using him as a meat shield since Beserker Rage won't be as powerful with Mags abuse. Punisher probably argues his way into the top 5 due to his versatility. However what I think is more likely is that Fury becomes a P2W feature as the next best thing as he would replace all but red on C.Mags.

I dont see punisher as a top 5 choice. My vote goes either to hood or torch. Hoods rising as a defensive character of choice and a way to slow down expensive guys like lazythor and bp. Torch gets the nod over punisher because torch synergizes more with the top 5 than punisher imo (the top 5 generally lacks a strong red of which torches red is one of the best, and torch works so much better with daken, which is important for sustainability since you use daken so much to save on health packs. Torches green works brtter than puns green, and daken tanks both green and black for torch as opposed to only green for punisher.