Alphabetizing is hurting players

Options
My username in the game is Ursinsin2me. In this last event I got 26th which causes me to lose a torch cover. When I went to go check the totals I saw I was tied with the guy who got 25th with 741 points. The only reason he came in 25th and I came in 26th was because his name started with a T and mine started with a U. How is that fair? This isn't the the first time this has happened either. I feel cheated :/

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My username in the game is Ursinsin2me. In this last event I got 26th which causes me to lose a torch cover. When I went to go check the totals I saw I was tied with the guy who got 25th with 741 points. The only reason he came in 25th and I came in 26th was because his name started with a T and mine started with a U. How is that fair? This isn't the the first time this has happened either. I feel cheated :/
    Ties are not broken down according to username.
    The player who gets the points earlier is ranked ahead of the player who gets the points later.
    So if there are ten players with the same points, they're ranked by the time they got their points.
  • Ties are not broken down according to username.
    The player who gets the points earlier is ranked ahead of the player who gets the points later.
    So if there are ten players with the same points, they're ranked by the time they got their points.

This is not true, one time i was 10th and then suddenly after event ended i got beat by a guy who had the same amount of points i already had, i don't recall the username, but i'm 100% sure i was 10th first
  • Kusanagi2k wrote:
    Ties are not broken down according to username.

This is not true, one time i was 10th and then suddenly after event ended i got beat by a guy who had the same amount of points i already had, i don't recall the username, but i'm 100% sure i was 10th first

It used to be the other way around - whoever got the score last got the tie-breaker, but they changed it relatively recently.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Frankly, we don't know the criteria unless the devs announce it.

If we're looking at time-based rankings, how would you apply it if I make 800, and someone at 785 scores a 25-point win to shoot above me, but then gets hit with a 10-point loss to tie? I may have had the lead earlier, but my colleague actually surpassed me before landing back on my level.

(Note: I have ended tourneys tied for placement, but never at a tier cutoff for prizes.)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BearVenger wrote:
    If we're looking at time-based rankings, how would you apply it if I make 800, and someone at 785 scores a 25-point win to shoot above me, but then gets hit with a 10-point loss to tie?
    I'd give it to the other guy. Makes the most sense that if coming from below on the leaderboard, you get placed in the bottom rung of the tied group, and if dropping from above on the leaderboard, you get placed on the top rung of the tied group. But even with that, there are scenarios that seem unfair... ie Player A has 800 and Player B has 700... Player A gets pummeled and drops to 680... then Player B takes a loss and also lands at 680. Based on my hypothetical tie-breaker, Player B got there last from above, so he'd get it, but Player A seems like he'd deserve it. So maybe "max score attained" also figures into the tie-breaking procedure.
  • If I give you the other guys user name can you check to see when he got 25th place because I could've sworn I saw him below me before I ended the night.
  • I think covers should be given out to both players who tie for a spot.